www.NATURES-ACAI.COM / Unautorized Credit Card Charges

I too found charges just today on my credit card account I didn't authorize.
Luckily, I have one charge account with a very low credit line of $150 which I keep that way on purpose that I use when I order this kind of thing.
I was charged $29.95 from "WWW LIFSTYLEFIT COM" and $78.84 from "PUREBODYCLE".
Because I used my "special" credit card, I didn't get hit for the $79.96. The charge didn't go through so they cancelled my "membership" to what ever it was suppose to be for (that I didn't authorize in the first place anyway).
I was able to get a hold of someone for the $29.95 and, using two different phone numbers, it was verified twice that the $29.95 refund was being processed AND that the THREE OTHER "MEMBERSHIPS" WHERE BEING CANCELLED!! Three!! What on earth they were all for I don't know -- at that point I was afraid to ask because I was trying to remain calm and knew I would loose it if I asked.
I haven't had any luck with the $78.84 yet. Neither of the phone numbers I used knew anything about that amount.
Has anyone else received a charge for $78.84 and was able to talk to someone about it (besides their bank)? If so, please post the phone #.
By the way, I called 800.957.6988 and 800.983.7968. Both of those knew about the $29.95. The first # refunded the charge (and cancelled the memberships), and the second # confirmed what the rep from the first # did.
I have one more # to try - 866.950.2024. I called it, but it is a "business" number and keep business hours (8am - 5pm ET).
Wish me luck!

Comments

• Co
      27th of Feb, 2009

Carlito,

On behalf of Nature's Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication of the nature of our risk free trial offer of the acai berry supplement. With so many health benefits, including increasing energy, burning fat, and reducing the signs of aging, the company and its affiliates offers an amazing product! All of the terms are fully disclosed to any and all of our valued customers and thus customers, for whom satisfaction is assumed, agree to a continued membership upon sign-up. If you have since changed your mind, remember that you have the option of canceling your orders at any time by contacting our helpful customer service representatives at the number listed on our site (1-800-983-7968). Keep in mind that hours of operation are Monday- Friday 9-5 EST. Furthermore, regarding the other free trials that you also agreed to sign up for, Nature's Acai Berry and its affiliates believe, as all nutritionists and doctors will also tell you, that the best way to lose weight quickly and healthily, is to have a well-rounded program. Toward this end, Nature's Acai offers our customers the best of the best products in a fat-burning, waist-slimming combination that is sure to knock the unwanted pounds away as quickly and safely as possible. These free-trial offers are also discussed at length in the terms of service to which you agreed when you signed up for Nature's Acai Berry. If you do not want the entire elite combo offered by these other companies, feel free to contact the customer service number for those products (1-877-495-1182) to ensure that you do not receive them. Your satisfaction is our number one concern! Hope this solves any problems or concerns you may have had. Have a great day!

• Ci
      28th of Feb, 2009

I DISAGREE TO THE REPLY FROM REPRESENTATIVE FROM NATURES-ACAI. I ORDERED THE PRODUCT TWO DAYS AGO AND WHEN I RECEIVED TWO EMAILS IN SPAM THAT STATED DO NOT REPLY I IMMEDIATELY CALLED TO CANCEL MY ORDER.NO ONE ANSWERED THE CALLS TO PHONE NUMBERS ON THE EMAILS. ONE EMAIL WAS FROM NATURES ACAI STATING THAT MY ORDER WAS COMING BUT DIDN'T GIVE ME ANYWAY TO CHECK WHEN IT WAS SENT OUT AND NO EMAIL CONTACT. THE OTHER EMAIL WAS A LOG IN NAME AND PASS NUMBER FOR THE FITCLUB AND IT WAS 29.95 A MONTH AND WITH THAT I HAD TO PAY 2.95 A MONTH FOR COSTSMASHERS MEMBERSHIP. ALSO IT NEVER REALLY STATED ON THE EMAIL FOR THE ACAI PRODUCT HOW MUCH IT WAS GOING BE AFTER I TRIED THE PRODUCT. I IMMEDIATELY CONTACTED MY CARD COMPANY AND THEY ARE NOT GOING TO ACCEPT THE CHARGES. BY THE WAY WHEN YOU ORDER THE PRODUCT THERE IS A SMALL AREA BELOW WHICH HAS TERMS AND PRIVACY AND THIS IS SET UP IN A SNEAKY WAY THAT THE CONSUMER DOESN'T REALIZE IT. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL SOMETHING IMMEDIATELY IF YOU FEEL YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED. ALSO ON THE PRIVACY SECTION THEY SELL OR GIVE OUT ALL OF THIS INFO TO OTHER PEOPLE. HOPEFULLY IT IS ONLY THE NAME, ADDRESS, AND PHONE NUMBER. I FILED A REPORT WITH THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION. THIS IS NOT A GOOD COMPANY AND IT IS OUT TO MAKE A FAST BUCK AND NOT INTERESTED IN THE WELL BEING OF THE CONSUMER. I HOPE THAT YOU WILL BE FINED AND SHUT DOWN. I WOULD BE PAYING A HUNDRED AND SOME DOLLARS A MONTH FOR A BOTTLE OF PILLS. I COULD GET A MEMBERSHIP AT A LIFETIME AND A NUTRITIONIST FOR THIS MONEY A MONTH. I GUESS THAT YOU THINK AMERICANS ARE STUPID AND FALL FOR YOUR FANCY ADVERTISEMENT. WE MAY FALL FOR IT BUT WE ARE NOT STUPID. SOONER OR LATER YOU ARE GOING TO BE SHUT DOWN. I HAVE READ SO MANY COMPLAINTS ON YOUR COMPANY.

1st of Mar, 2009

Agreed to trial offer for cost of shipping. However, was billed for 3 items that I did not agree to purchase. Credit card bank has accepted the "fraud" claim and will follow through. I need to notify the companies but see that others have had the same problem. Will use the phone numbers supplied and hope the get the "messsage. Am also returning the original 3 bottles."

6th of Mar, 2009

This stuff is a internetscam. If you didn't listen or read everything they gave you, you will find many chagres from several companies. Charges from their company Nature's Acai Berry and I received billing from a company called SELF HELP FF. These have to be the same company or just part of the scam. Either way I ended up with charges totalling $150.00 from both companies. You would think that Better Business would get the word out about these people before many more are caught in it.

7th of Mar, 2009

I also fell for this scam. I ordered a sample only for just the shipping charge of $4.99. I was set up for two accounts that I did not apply for and they added a service that I did not authorize to my phone bill. They have gotten a charge of $79+ and $89+ from my card before I reliezed what was going on. I still have not received the sample bottle. I sure wished I had read this before I ordered. No response from the email for a complaint. Hopefully changing my account number will help.

• Er
      7th of Mar, 2009

the same thing just happened to me! i bought this free trial for aciar berry pill for only 4.99 anf that was just for s&h then a month latter im paying overdraft fees becauce i was charge 29.95 and 79.96 but this same company..i am very upset.. its saturday so i have to wait till monday to try to contact that number. this is crazy...iv learned my lesson but i what my money back! did anyone have an luck with this ordeal?
    erica

11th of Mar, 2009

I too was scammeed on this! I order this in January, the free trial offer if I paid shipping of 4.99. The product came the middle of March. I called 8009837968 and was billed 85.91 plue 4.99 for 2 months of product. The customer told me that I had subscribed to Fit facotry and Cost smashers memberships...The customer service rep transferred me to another dept. which disconnected me!!!

11th of Mar, 2009

I fell for the scam too. I signed up for the 4.95 shipping fee trial in January, I recieved the product in March. I called 18009837968 and spoke to a customer service rep. She said I was charged 85.91 and 4.99 on March 2 2009. I told her I just got the product. She cancelled a "fitfactory and costsmashers" club membership that I never ordered and says I will not be charged for that. I guess we will see. I was transferred to another customer service dept. and was disconnected by the operator. What a mess!!!

• Tr
      7th of Apr, 2009

This is sick. You need call your bank and place a stop payment on all of these items on your bank statement. Then you won't have to screw with them, place a claim with your bank and have them handle it for you. I cannot believe companies are allowed to do crap like this...and where the hell is the Better Business Bureau when you need them????? my $29.95 charge came up on my bank statement as wwwselfhelpff.com...in Las Vegas. I think its pretty funny that this company has payments going to one state, customer service in a diff state and a mailing addresss in a separate state!!! Who regulates this stuff?? Average Americans need to deal with being robbed on top of all the other crap that's wrong in this country?? Gimme a freakin break already.