www.mylpcard.com / Identity theft

Fresno, CA, United States Review updated:
4.5
Phone: 559-448-9809
I am the victim of identity theft. LPC cards issued a $7500 line of credit (probably to linked cards sent to another address). I did not apply for or authorize this credit request. There was not even a complaint or customer service number on the paperwork I had recieved I had to notify them of the fraud by email or surface mail. They need better approval methods. I have a fraud alert posted at the 3 credit bureaus, why did these guys issue this card?

More www.mylpcard.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ju
  17th of Nov, 2008
This is such a ripe off. They make it sound like this is a real credit card, when indeed it is ther own personal merchandise. I have to suspect that it is all low quilty crap, that is extremly over priced. If you receive any thing at all. When I tried to call the number to that is listed Icould not even get to a live person. This company should get sued at not be aloowed in the US.
Ra
  18th of Nov, 2008
How can companies get away with this horrific scam????? I just received this card without every applying. Just another reason to believe, you're not even safe with PAPERWORK! Protect your identity and DO NOT USE THE INTERNET FOR ANY OTHER INFO OTHER THAN NEWS OR E-MAIL. The Government should put these people behind bars!!! Outrageous! As if we don't have enough in our lives to keep up with!
Jo
  20th of Nov, 2008
Recently Your company got a hold of my checking numbers and withdrew $79.00 from that account. I did not authorize anyone from your company to withdraw money from my account. I want the money back. John Lippert
Mi
  22nd of Nov, 2008
This is an ongoing scam to be aware of. This is not an actual credit card, but a means to access your personal information and charge fees that are ridiculous. I was hesitant to sign up at first, and now that I have seen these postings about this company, I am glad that I passed this special offer up. There are other similar such scams out there to make you part with your money. Beware of the old saying "If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is." Somebody needs to get the word out about this!
Na
  3rd of Dec, 2008
Thank you for this information. I knew LPC sounded like a "too-good-to-be-true" scam. As if I would ever give access to my checking account!!! I visited the online merchandise catalog and discovered NO prices were listed. Also, the merchandise is NOTHING I want. I promptly shredded and disposed of the "pre-approved" card and approval letter. What a bunch of hooey. I too, received the card and letter unsolicited. I hate those who prey on others.
Su
  13th of Dec, 2008
I would like to know if anyone having been issued the LPC card has had a single good experience. With the current economic atmosphere and limited funds to spend on the holidays, if this card is meant to further prey on those who could not otherwise 'shop' with well known vendors through traditional means. Is this the general consensus with those who have been 'approved' for this special offer? Maybe instead of turkey for Christmas, we could all eliminate a vulture! Waiting to hear anything!
Gr
  29th of Dec, 2008
I am like the others, what I want to know is..will they continue to debit money from your account every year?
Te
  31st of Dec, 2008
I joined this company about 10 years ago and paid close to $300.00 in fee's and then finally recieved a catalog of cheap quality high priced items, that was not appealing or anything I wanted to buy. I was under the understanding that this was a real credit card. I thought well I might as well use my vouchers on Items and give them away for gifts to at least get my money back, but I sent in the order and never recieved a thing. I tried to contact the company but the number was disconnected. I tried to find the company to get my money back and they didnt even exsist. I tried to report them but still they didnt exsist at all. But low and behold 10 years later I get a card pre-approved in the mail that I didnt even ask for and it is the same company with the same name, Well, Well, Well. Now maybe I can get my money back it they dont disapear for another 10 years...Wish me luck! Tee
Em
  30th of Jan, 2009
Dear Sirs,
I'm writing because I canceled this card #8809069196469261. But you are still charging me $79.00 processing fee, I will not have money in my account to cover this till March 3, 2009 so if would wait till then to charge me for the processing fee,
You can confirm this by sending me an e-mail to emander23@yahoo.com .
Sincerely Your,
Edward Mander
Sa
  30th of Jan, 2009
This is NOT a scam! You all are just ###ed and never read your letter! Im a member with LPC and I love catalogue shopping with them! Maybe if you had a brain or eyes to read then none of this would ever happen. The letter says the 79 is (non refundable) DUH!!!
Sh
  13th of Feb, 2009
I just got the letter and the card. Now I know not to do any more than shred it. The back does say the $79 is non refundable, but it also says it's a one time charge.

It says "Your membercard annual fee is $198 for the first year and is charged to your LPC creditline when you pay your activation fee. The annual fee is reduced to $99 annually for each year thereafter. The annual fee will be charged to your LPC creditline on the anniversary of your membership date every year thereafter after the first year and will be payable through your regularly scheduled monthly payments. The first payment on your account will be due on the first business day of the second month after you activate your account". So in other words, you're paying the fee, on top of what you order, plus state tax. They're raking in the dough, and you're paying through the nose.

I see no phone number for customer service either, but I see an address: P.O. Box 21804, Los Angeles, CA 90021 whether the address is good or not, I don't know, I''m just getting it from the back of the letter the card is attached to.
Mo
  2nd of Mar, 2009
I think it is great, not the card but the shreadder I ran the card through. The shreadder works great. This is a SCAM. I got the credit rating of a garden slug and anyone who would issue me a card is nutz and a loser...LOLOLOL. Don't be fooled.
Co
  19th of Mar, 2009
### I closed my account
Ju
  24th of Mar, 2009
Thank you for this information about the "my pay low credit card". All your comments saved me from making a horrible mistake to rebuild my credit. I understand there is no quick way to undo the bad dicisions on your credit report. I will just take my time to correct my credit.
Ka
  26th of Mar, 2009
Thanks guys for your input! They sent me a card yesterday and It has been sitting here by my computer. At first I knew it was a scam when I seen no visa or mastercard logo. Then I went to the website and looked at the catalog and thought...hmm...i could use this...Then I tried to call the company and could'nt speak to a rep. That made me realize it had to be a scam. I began to read the back of the pre-approval letter and all my questions were answered. They want you to pay out of your ### and from what i read from you guys, the merchandise is crap. Even though I'm still stuck with bad credit, i'm happy I didn't fall for these sons of ###! If people are not recieving the merchandise or if the merchandise is not up to par, the company should be sued. seriously!
Ti
  30th of Mar, 2009
I am a new card holder of LPC card that you sent to me a couple weeks ago. I have thought it a credid card, after I activated the card, I found that it did not work when I used the card to pay for something I bought at the store near my residence (Garden Grove City). Now I would like to refuse the card and cancel all the agreement I signed on line yesterday. Please don't charge me the fees that I have agreed because of my misunderstanding the card is a normal credid card as Visa or Master card. Can I ?
  5th of Apr, 2009
SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! ON ALL THE SLIMEY EMPLOYEES THAT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THEY'RE YOU ALL TO RIP PEOPLE OFF????? BLESS THE DAY THE TABLES TURN ON YOU...
Dw
  6th of Apr, 2009
I agree with everything all of these people have said. I think it is a rip off!
Ic
  8th of Apr, 2009
There are plenty of scams like this, these days. And we should all be on our feet. There are vultures everywhere.

Yes, all of the information above is in the letter they send. Yes, they tell you about the fees, etc. But they write out this letter in a way that is intentionally misleading and confusing.

There are also actual credit cards out there like this. That will bleed you to death with fees, surcharges, and fines for every step or breath you take.

Always read ALL of the fine print, and ALL of the paperwork, everyone. Because these are what con men such as these use as their thinly-veiled excuse to rip you off. They gave you the paperwork. You didn't read it. And at the end of the day, they'll win in a court battle if you try to fight them.

Long story short...if it's confusing, that's what they wanted. And you need to throw it away. Because if you're confused with what you have in your hand, and you're still thinking about accepting it...you're exactly who they were looking for.
Ev
  10th of Apr, 2009
I got a card from LPC this week, it looked sort of funny. I kept looking at the credit limit and i said to myself, this is not a true caredit card company. I had second thoughts about activating it but I'm not going to. Also you guys be on the look out also for a credit card that says NET TRUST also. It is also a scam too. You can only buy from their catalog. I agree with you guys, if it does not say MasterCard, Visa, or American Express, I'm not falling for it. Then if they were to send me a card, I will still call just to be sure. Times are getting hard now and you can't trust anybody. I learned the hard way because I was a victim of a scam in Nigeria. A Romance scam. Eversince then, I have been over cautious. Have a nice day.