www.mygrant.net / Bogus charge to my visa card for 39.95

1 Cherry Hill NJ, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 856-570-8077

I was told that all I needed for the mygrantsite CD was 2.95 for shipping. When I checked my visa account there was an unauthorized withdrawl of 39.95 . I want my 39.95 put back in my account ASAP. To me thisis an outright scam. If I have to take other steps to recover my 39.95 I will.

Comments

22nd of Feb, 2009
    712 N. Houston St.
    Granbury
    Texas
    Phone: 817-217-5963

I made an internet payment for the purpose of purschasing a CD for finding grant money to apply for collage to further my education to better support my new wife and newborn to be in three weeks. And yet, I find a 39.95 charge on my card that's not authorized! The CD was only to be $2.95, plus shipping and handling. If I don't recieve my money back I will press charges...

Christopher Daugherty

• Ed
      24th of Feb, 2009

I just want my money put back in my account!!!

• Ru
      26th of Feb, 2009

I also was told 2.99 for a cd then I looked on my bank statement and there it was 39.99. Iss there anything we can do to stop this fraud? I even lhad an overdraft because of them.

• Ru
    cherryhill
    New Jersey
    Phone: 856-570-8077
    mygrant.net

I wasgiven the impression that a cd was suppose to be only $2.99 for shipping and handling. THen I checked my bank statement and they want to charge $39.99

I was told the cd was $2.99 and they are trying to get $39.99 instead. I want my money back and the overdraft charge tlhis caused.

• Ki
      26th of Feb, 2009

I just had the same thing happen today. Excpet I was told I was the sites 100th visitor, so I was getting my CD for $1.29. Went to the bank today, and they took $39.95. I just had to close my accounts and get a new card. That sucks. That cards was tied to so many things. Now I have to go out and change everything, because these people took money out of my account. And I still don't have the CD.

4th of Mar, 2009

I have had the exact same scam done to me with a cd for 2.95, which I never received and a 39.95 unauthorized withdraw from my checking account! What can we do to stop this obvious scam??

• Sc
      5th of Mar, 2009

I agree, I just discovered the same thing. No CD and now a charge of $39.95 that was not authorized. This is definitely a scam.

• Ho
      8th of Mar, 2009
    www.mygrant.net - unorthorized withdrawel from my account
    Government Grant Solutions
    712 N.Houston St.
    Granbury
    Texas
    Phone: 1-877-495-1145
    mygrant.net

I ordered a cd that was suppose to cost $2.95 for shipping and handling only, to apply for a grant and they took it out on 03 /02/ 09 and then on 03/04/09 another charge of $39.95 was taken out without my authorization, putting my account overdrawn. I called the # on the web site mygrantsite.net (listed above) and spoke with an operator who is supposedly refunding my money. That is yet to be seen. I am still left with an over charge on my acct and I am furious.
    Holly Amalfitano

• St
      8th of Mar, 2009

Make sure you report these scams to the FTC here:

They have the power to take legal action agaisnt these scammers.

9th of Mar, 2009
    www.mygrant.net - Taking money from credit card without approval from me.
    mygrant.net

I signed up on line and paid a one time fee to www.mygrant.net and they are continuing to take money from my card without my approval or knowledge. My card has now been compromised and I've had to cancel it. I want those butt heads to quit scamming people like me, especially with their ridiculous promises that they will get funds from the government. I haven't tried to apply to the government for a grant and they are still stealing my money off of my debit card without my approval and without my knowledge of where it's going to, or for what it's being used for, for me??? I want that scamming company to return my money in full, asap.. Help! Is there a Federal community lawsuit I can get on to help us all remedy this problem?

9th of Mar, 2009

I believe there is an attorney out there somewhere who can help remedy this on-line scamming problem, with enough research to track those crooks down and put them up in front of an honest Judge who will give them some jail time. Make an example out of those thieving butt-heads and maybe it will stop a lot of that on-line crap that takes money dishonestly from people.. We need Justice and not Just Us. Lawrence Ingle.

• Pa
      13th of Mar, 2009

i was offered discount i paid $1.14 didn't receive my cd eithir but they took money from my account $39.99 try to call but tey just put me on hold

• Sh
    Las Vegas
    Nevada

I too am in the mygrant.net scam situation...I purchased the shipping and handeling fee's of 2.95 expecting the "free" CD about how to qualify for government based loans and never received the CD..

And now there's a random charge for 39.95 on my account today and no where in the information did it say I as going to get that!

The charge on my account says it's based outta Las Vegas, and there seems to be a customer service number attached to it, so i'll try that.

I've contacted my banks customer service and I hope i'll be able to fix it quickly without losing any more money..no telling how much they could take out.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

• Ke
      17th of Mar, 2009

I was charged $2.13 for cd on my credit card and they $7.50 and $3995 this was not authorized
    I called and they took the $7.50 and $3995 off my
    card this is a scam let get together and file a class
    action suit and close them down.

Ken B.

17th of Mar, 2009

I knew something was wrong when I saw wwwmygrany took from my bank account 2 times $39.95 and 2 time $2.29 which comes to a total of $84.48. They got me 4 times. Is there any legal course we can take without it costing more? Please email me at csellers777@charter.net

• Be
      21st of Mar, 2009

They took me too.

28th of Apr, 2009

I was also had an extra charge on my visa bill which caused me to have an overdraft as well as the overdraft fee... I am a college stuent needing all of the money or EXTRA money that I make. I feel that I was misled

• Ta
      6th of May, 2009

I was charged the same thing. Now i can't find anything on the web site to stop payment. I did not authorized payment. I just wanted to pay for the disc. Dontae Roland