www.MagicPricing.com / Pirated DVDs!

1 China Review updated:

I would like to bring to your attention a company that is selling pirated dvds. They go by the name of magicpricing.com and their website offers you high quality classic & latest DVDs online at low prices. They tell you that they deal directly with the manufactures, are much cheaper than those on Ebay and Amazon, they offer free shipping on all items and no hidden fees (incl. United States, United Kingdom, Australia and any other countries) etc etc but the disc you receive will be pirated off payTV because you get the adds down the bottom or in the corner not to mention that the copies are bad and the discs will freeze just making them impossible to watch anyway. I have contact them regarding not being advised I would received copies as opposed to the real thing and they just keep fobbing me off. I bought two boxsets from them not knowing about any of this and though they do a great job on the packing, they are still pirated copies.

Ju

Comments

• Da
      1st of Jun, 2008

I disagree. I bought the complete scrubs box set and every dvd was perfect, not to mention the packaging.

17th of Jun, 2008

I know what you mean about the adverts on screen. I ordered the 4400 season 4 and all the episodes are copied off SKY TV (without the commercial breaks).. so yes they are misleading.. BUT.. ive also bought many other boxsets from them and the quality is really good. The only thing you notice is the bad spelling on the boxes themselves. The sound and picture quality is very good for the price. especially the stargate box sets which are amazing value for money. but as you said if they are claiming to deal direct with the suppliers then thats a bit naughty. Ive bought 8 box sets from them and only one (4400 season 4) looks like a copy.

• Da
      8th of Jul, 2008

THEY ARE FAKE!!!

The reason why 4400 season 4 has noticable ads but shows like Stargate do not is because at the time you purchased 4400 it was not yet commercially available. Hence the reason to dub of pay tv. But in the case of Stargate, or in my instance: Star Trek DS9, these appear to be better quality simply because magicpricing.com have ripped them directly off the commercially available item. This can be done easily by anyone with freeware programs like DVD Shrink. They then compress the 8.5GB of digital media to a cheap 4.38GB single layer DVD-R disc. Now on shows like Star Trek, that's not too big a deal considering they're old and look fuzzy, anyway. But on later seasons of, say, Stargate SG-1, the difference is remarkable especially on a big screen TV.

If I can make a recommendation: don't buy these fake box sets. I think it's outright dirty and you can find most authentic box sets for TV shows at a reasonable price if you look hard enough. I recently bought seasons 1, 2 and 3 of Deadwood from a music store for $56 for the lot. Moreover, if everyone bought the pirate version, and only a handful of unauthorised resellers bought the authentic item for the purpose of copying, then don't you think the TV networks would stop releasing them commercially?

So we'd go back to the 80's where if you missed it on TV, you ain't ever gonna see it!

I don't want that.

Don't know about everyone else...

• Al
      28th of Jul, 2008

I have bought a few box sets from Magicpricing and have found them to be of excellent quality including the packaging.The only difference is some have Chinese writing on them.This was disclosed in their ordering process.I found them to be 100% authentic and disagree that they are fake copies.I had recommended them to others and they have been completely satisfied.I hope your claims can be proven wrong as i was looking forward to further purchases from the company.They even answered questions i had about their products from a staff member named Wei Wei to my satisfaction.

• Bi
      15th of Mar, 2009

What a load of crap. I have ordered many DVD's from this company and I think they are brilliant. Does it matter if they are fake or that the covers are different. I Love greys anatomy and can't afford to pay £50 for a box set but will hapily pay £15 for the same thing to complete the collection of a series. In the state of the current climate I think if people can offer a service at a cheaper price then why the hell not.
    I have reccomended this sight to friends and they are also thrilled with the service

Everyone is countin the pennies at the moment and if I can complete collections I don't care where they come from
    Some of you need to get off your high horses .

• Am
      12th of Dec, 2009

I agree totally - i bought 3 box sets and they are bad qualilty, even if the boxes that came with them looked top notch - although i didn't realise that until after i had tried to sell them on through ebay, as my hubby didn't watch them. I have had to refund the buyers - very disappointing.

Amanda