www.lazada.com.ph / deceitful processes of purchase

Philippines Review updated:

I saw a nikon d90 body at lazada.com.ph while browsing the web. For a month now, I was really planning to upgrade my entry level dslr to something more challenging and compensating camera body. Since I already have few lenses and arsenals for this hobby, I scouted for a brand new d90 body at the lowest price possible hence the find at www.lazada.com.ph

So, enticed with the price, I check lazada's background (since they seemed new in the web) and found out that they are operating in malaysia and somewhere in middle east. The latter operation changed to mizado after they were mocked for cloning amazon. They seemed to me to be legit and so I was convinced to pursue my planned purchase. I called up their hotline and placed an order of my longed dslr d90 body. It was as smooth as silk. They told me to deposit the total quote in a bank account as I opted to use the bank transfer payment option. I deposited on arpil 24, 2012 right after the bank open (at about 8:30). I called up their hotline again to confirm the receipt of my payment and they acknowledged it so. The representative who accommodated me assured that they will be able to process my order on the 25th since they will have some processing of my payment.

I called up their hotline again morning of 25th to follow-up the status of my order. I clearly explained to the representative that I don't mind the 5-10 days policy of delivery because I can fairly live with it. What I emphasized was that I want to know when the item will be leaving from their end for me to know when it will arrive here in iloilo. I was just trying to establish it because I want to pre-plan my trip on the next days (since my job involves traveling) and be able to receive the merchandise personally to check defects, should there be any, incurred by freight handling. Lazada told me tha "don't worry sir, we will call you as soon as our partner courier will be shipping your item". They told me further that the item is already with them and they are processing it. I waited the call they promised for the whole day. Nobody from lazada called.

Today, I was complacent that a call may be made by them by morning or noon after they fail to do so as promised in the previous day. When the clock hits 2:00pm, I remembered my purchase and wondered why such a delay. I called up their hotline again and since I was traveling, I used my phone (yes, it was indeed expensive).

A certain kris told me that they are processing my order and it is already forwarded in their logistics department. I explained again why I was making follow-ups despite the advice that it is already on process. My call was interrupted maybe due to signal problem so I called up again and the same agent (kris) told me she will follow-up their logistics department about the shipment of my purchase. The call was interrupted again so to establish a commitment, I called up again and a certain charm answered me. I asked her for kris but she said she had several inbound calls. I asked charm to relay to kris that I would really appreciate it if she can follow-up when their logistics department will ship my item - charm yielded and a little of redundant explanation was made when I brought up my concern again. I wasn't pissed then because they committed on shipping it.

A few minutes from the time of this post, a representative from lazada phoned me and informed me that the item I purchased is already out of stock. I felt like my hypertension's going to hit me. I suspected then that I was scammed by lazada. I withheld my rage, although nagged the agent why it took them 3-days to know they are already out of stock of that merchandise. The rep told me because there were lots of orders for that merchandise. Well, they could have known that on the day I placed my order. It was indeed deceitful and it so appear they're fooling their customers. The rep told me that they will have my money reimbursed with an inconvenience compensation of php 500 on top of the sum I deposited. I told to just deposit my money immediately and she yielded. It seemed suspicious though because the rep did not even take my account number where they will deposit my money.

As of this time, the item I want to purchase is still displayed in their website and shows proudly as "in stock". Absurd and at the same time deceitful.

Do not buy at lazada, they may be legitimate but their abusive and if you're easy, they may have your money and time taken.

Comments

• Hu
      26th of Apr, 2012

WOW... I've ordered a portable DVD player last Wednesday (04/18/2012) on Lazada and I've called on Friday if when will I get the item. The CSR says that the item is already with them and should I wait 2-5 business days for the item to be delivered after the date of purchase. And I almost forgot about the item because of my busy sched. Until today(4/27/2012), I've called again and this Kris also answered the phone and says the item is already with them and ready for the delivery. The connection then suddenly lost. I've called again and same Kris answered, apologize for the connection loss and promised to email me a tracking number and the website from which the tracking number would use. I don't feel good after the call so I've search for lazada on the net and I found your complain. Did you get your money back? I think wanted to get my money back also.

26th of Apr, 2012

Hi Hulk... I'm sorry if I get you worried with this post. But don't worry, Lazada is very legitimate and I guess they are a good online shopping store. What I've written there was full of emotions when Lazada failed to handle my isolated matter correctly. If Lazada can't get back on you in few hours, they could have shipped your item already.

I already got my money deposited back in my account. I won't say I faulted on posting this review. I explained to Lazada that they should view my complaint and review positively to improve their system. I'd appreciate it if you get back on this thread if you have your purchase already.

2nd of May, 2018

@Miguel0482 I ordered O mobile last april 12.until now. Undelivered, i have contacted their csr agents they told me same reasons as it is on process. Until now almost 1 month. They dont refund my money. This company sucks and theyre scammers. Dont trust this [censored] online shop...

1st of May, 2012

isolated? they let me wait for 15 days and until now (almost a month) i am not sure if they'll give my money back.

14th of May, 2018

@royax Hi, for sure they will not. This online [censored] shop should be reported to DTI or in a MEDIA. So that they cannot make any hoax to other people...

• Ba
      2nd of May, 2012

Apparently, everybody is having the same feelings with this site. I ordered an item also on April 24th and received a few calls from them, but all the CSRs (Kris, Jonathan, etc.) I have spoken to gave me no peace of mind. The last time that they called me up (April 30), Jonathan told me to wait for the tracker number, but up to now, May 3rd, I am not receiving any email from them... And yes, I agree that calling them is expensive. You cannot get through the landline, as well, but for some reason, using a mobile phone can connect you faster. I'm contemplating on cancelling my order if I do not get it by next week, hopefully, they get to cancel the credit card transaction ASAP if I do so. I'm into so much stress right now, as the item I ordered (or purchased already, since they already charged the amount in my credit card) is not a small amount of money. I just hope they are not fooling the customers. I regret ordering from them.

• La
      4th of May, 2012

Hi,
    this is Mattia from Lazada Customer Service.
    First of all I do apologize for the bad experience you had. It was our fault not to serve you with the usual quality. As you might know we are a start up in the Philippine and we faced some problems due to the high numbers of orders. Now all the issues are fixed ! We get complete responsibility of your situation, therefore I would invite you to call our customer service (for the 8th times unfortunately) in order to get a 1.000 PHP voucher as our compensation. I am aware this is not what you expected from our website, but still I hope that will help.
    Please, re-consider purchasing from our website and we will not disappoint you anymore !! Guaranteed !!

Thank you for being patient.

Mattia - Lazada Philippines

6th of May, 2012

Hi, I ordered & paid April 10 until now wala pa. I tried to contact you but failed via phone & email. I want a refund asap.

• Rh
      6th of May, 2012

Hello Royax,

We really do apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused you. Do you happen to have the order number so that we can assist you further?
    Please accept our sincerest apologies for this occurrence. Please give us another chance to serve you better.
    You can communicate with us by sending us an email at [protected]@lazada.com.ph or by calling our Customer Service Team at (02) 858-0760.

Best regards,
    Rhea
    The Lazada Customer Service Team
    Email: [protected]@lazada.com.ph
    Hotline: (02) 858 - 0760

• Sh
      17th of May, 2012

Thanks for those who found time to write their complaints. Good thing I did my research first about Lazada, I was planning to buy a costly item due to their cheaper prices, but if the cheaper prices means getting all the stress you can dealing with the online shop, I rather buy the item in a much higher price elsewhere without the stress and paranoia of whether I will be receiving the item bought or not at all.

4th of Jun, 2012

Hi,
    Sorry for so late posting. I already get my item. Actually Lazada is a legitimate online store, its just that they have poor customer service. Good thing their shipping partner Xend, assist me well on how would they locate my house in order to deliver the product.

Lazada need lots of working out to do. Still, good luck to Lazada.

14th of May, 2018

@Hulk22 really, then congrats to you. Maybe u r one of them. Maybe u r tolerating this [censored] online shop. Am i ryt? Then goodluck!

• Fl
      6th of Jun, 2012

I am planning to purchase from Lazada since I reckon its more convenient to do so. But after reading all these, I'm really having second thoughts.

• Do
      1 hr 39 mins ago

@flipmark 7 years later and they are still as bad and offer the same poor service as before! BEWARE of LAZADA! Only order from them cash on delivery if you even order from them at all. Their customer service is useless and does nothing but waste everyone's time since they are incapable of resolving anything.

23rd of Jun, 2012

they gave me back my money, so it means they're sincere. hope in the future they would come up with a better way in dealing online clients. am still looking to it. thanks.

• La
      28th of Jun, 2012

Hello,

If there's a Lazada Customer Service Representative there, please read my post, I am very pissed off with your costumer services.
    I ordered 3 items and paid it in full via Visa card at your online store Last June 18.
    After 5 working days, they delivered it but unfortunately i only got the two products, locking 1 the Kyowa coffee maker.

I immediately emailed them about the problem but there's no call or even a reply of my email. I tried to call but it always get busy and my emails they seems useless.
    Lazada, If you can't deliver the item please give me the refund asap.

By pissed off consumer
    Lara

• Re
      10th of Jul, 2012

Hi there, I just wan't to know the locations of other complainants, one is from ILOILO. It is quite far
    Because I wan't to purchase also in Lazada. Can you post it, even the province only.
    Thank you. I'm from Lucena City, Quezon only, easy to deliver, right?

• Uw
      19th of Aug, 2012

Hi
    I'm an expat living in Boracay and have the same problems with Lazada. I ordered 5 items for all in all 11000.-Php and got send the very cheap items of less then 1500.-php only.
    Since O N E M O N T H we exchange emails and phonecalls . With no result. The warehouse is not answering their emails or reqests. They say !!!

@uweprevot [censored] them

• To
      29th of Aug, 2012

I should have research before I order now I am a victim of Lazada too. This is the first time I ever encountered problem with online shopping. 18 days of waiting, more than 2 weeks of [censored]. I would not recommend people using Lazada PH service.

Toni Lazo

• Ah
      30th of Aug, 2012

getting bad and good reviews everywhere about lazada.. im thinking of getting tablet for my daughter.. but i guess despite of the delays and not satisfied customer they are legit-- im hoping maging okay na ung customer service nila para lahat happy-- Ahnntz

4th of Sep, 2012

i want to AGAIN follow up my following request
    hello, I have
    received my orders september 1. but I have a problem. I have ordered and paid 2
    flashdrives but u only delivered here are my proofs of purchase:
    my orders are as follows:
    PNY Bubble Attache 16GB Flash Drive (orange) 479.00
    PNY Sponge Attache 4GB Flash Drive (Blue) 219.00
    Coby CV-E207 Digital Stereo Neckband Headphones (Grey/Silver) 175
    I have received only the headphone and the 4gig usb flashdrive
    I already need the 16gig for my thesis..
    pls respond quickly as before.
    I have paid thru BPI express over the counter deposit
    my details are as follows:
    maria sheila s. puno
    100 dolores st. virgen delos remedios angeles city pampanga

to lazada philippines
    DO U HAVE ANY PLANS OF DELIVERING MY FLASH DRIVE USB? I HAVE PAID AND U DID NOT INCLUDE IT IN UR DELIVERY! YOU ALWAYS MENTION U WANT TO GIVE THE BEST SERVICE TO UR CLIENTS. i AM PISSED OFF!
    IF U DO NOT WANT TO DELIVER MY ITEM THEN GIVE MY MONEY BACK

I am so disappointed with u. I have even recommended ur site to my co employees and even my boss!

• El

Hello Lazada

ng order po ako last august 27 till now no news po ako sa inorder ko!, .binigyan nila ako ng tracking # pero ng subukan kung itrack NOT AVAILABLE po siya!, ..gusto ko lng po sana malaman if madeliver ba ung order ko within this week?, .kasi ngaung week ko na sana kailangan un, .pls reply this message coz if youre not going to deliver it this week im going to cancel it and buy to another shop!

waiting for your response!

elene

• Ih
      12th of Sep, 2012

Hi there, I have ordered two pieces of SD memory card. ( aug 15), but then, It's almost a month since they delivered only one item. I email them so that I could immediately get the remaining SD card that I've order, but still, they didn't took an action for this. They always saying that sorry for the inconvenience, and they will took an action for this. having deliver it for 5-10 days for outsider but until now, no items was on ship.

26th of Sep, 2012

poor customer service

Sep 17 04:51 pm

i ordered three of your products on sep 12, my fiancée has made repeated attempts to contact customer service to no avail. my email was not answered in a timely manner. i have paid for the products yet have not received a tracking number as is customary in such on-line transactions. you have a great selection and good prices yet your customer service is almost nonexistent. i will be forwarding this complaint to your corporate offices in germany. thanks, michael anthony my order number is 200088767.

Comments
    Customer Service Management

Hi Michael,
    Sorry for the very delayed response.
    I see it in the system that your payment is still being processed.
    Let me forward this to the finance department so they can expedite your process.
    Once again sorry for the inconvenience...

Chris D.
    Lazada Customer Service.
    September 17, 2012 04:54 pm

From: [protected]@msn.com
    To: [protected]@lazada.com.ph
    Subject: poor customer service
    Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 04:51:37 -0400

i ordered three of your products on sep 09, my fiancée has made repeated attempts to contact customer service to no avail. my email was not answered in a timely manner. i have paid for the products yet have not received a tracking number as is customary in such on-line transactions. you have a great selection and good prices yet your customer service is almost nonexistent. i will be forwarding this complaint to your corporate offices in germany. thanks, michael anthony my order number is 200088767.
    September 17, 2012 05:24 pm

MICHAEL ANTHONY

I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED THAT I STILL HAVE RECEIVED NO TRACKING NUMBER OR UPDATES ON MY ORDER! IS THERE A PROBLEM OF WHICH I AM NOT AWARE? PLEASE SEND ME MY TRACKING NUMBER! AND WHY IS THERE NEVER A PERSON TO ANSWER THE CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE? I DEMAND SATISFACTION!
    September 20, 2012 06:19 am

MICHAEL ANTHONY

as you can see this order i was charged and the payment was not still being processed on 9/17/2012 as was stated in the first response .09/13/2012 Show
    additional information for activity type cards -118.44 CHECKCARD 0909 LAZADA BERLIN
    74657362257000368320151 activity type cards status type icon cleared
    Cleared. Select to mark activity type cards -118.44 CHECKCARD 0909 LAZADA BERLIN 74657362257000368320151 as reconciled
    September 20, 2012 06:33 am

Apple
    Lazada Philippines

Dear Michael,

Good day and thank you for ordering from our website, www.lazada.com.ph. Our company is committed to providing our customers with the best online shopping experience.

We are currently processing your order (200088767). For verification and security purposes, we would like to ask for a scanned copy of the front and back of both your credit card and a valid ID and for your protection, you may cover the numbers after the 6th number and before the last four digits, you can also cover the first two digits of the CVV at the back of the card for your security. Kindly reply to this e-mail with the image(s) attached.

We value you as a customer and we hope that you will continue shopping with us in the future. Thank you and have a great day!

Best regards,
    Apple
    Lazada Philippines
    [protected]@lazada.com.ph
    September 20, 2012 09:27 am

September 20, 2012 10:03 am

MICHAEL ANTHONY

you have already debited my card and now you request more information as to my identity? is this some kind of scam? this was not stated at the beginning of the transaction and it is an outrage that you want me do this! i think this would be better handled by the fraud dept of my bank. you have effectively stolen money from me by refusing to deliver my items. you leave me no choice!YOU MAY HAVE LOST A VERY GOOD CUSTOMER...THE REQUESTED ITEMS ARE ATTACHED.
    MICHAEL ANTHONY

this is all the I.D i have now please deliver my items!
    September 21, 2012 02:04 pm

MICHAEL ANTHONY

dear customer service, please cancel order (200088767) as i have filed fraud charges with BANK OF AMERICA concerning your business practice of receiving payment for orders and THEN requiring additional information before delivery of said items. further more i expect an apology from the person responsible. failing that i will have no choice other than to post our emails on social media sites such as reddit, you-tube, face-book, friendster and others.
    September 25, 2012 06:08 am

• Gr
      27th of Sep, 2012

hi lazada...kindly check the status of my order. First i ordered and after more than 1 week i received a notice that it was cancelled and as per your customer service you will just refund via bpi over the counter.. i replied to that email giving my account details.
    I really want the product so i order again...today i received that order..
    I just want to confirm about the refund i should have for the first cancelled order..i am trying to reach you via phone but to no avail.
    order tracking # 200069377...the 2nd one which i already received is 200086365

Thanks,
    Grace

• Be
      4th of Oct, 2012

They're not responding on my e-mail. I've send them the copy of credit card and ID and I haven't receive any respond. Kahit sana "OK" lang magreply sila. My first transaction was smooth. I paid cash and I received the item earlier than expected. Pero ngaun second transaction ko and I used credit card, di man lang nagrerespond! :(

• Je
      1st of Nov, 2012

buti nlang i just read all of this comments balak ko p nman sana mag order this coming december for christmas gifts for my relatives in manila ksi i saw their advertisement in TFC, , maybe i should buy nlang in the shopping mall much better pa, , thanks sa mga nag comments, , ,

28th of Nov, 2012

Hi,
    Lazada has improved :D. I'm happy with its service today. I've ordered 5 items last friday, 11/23/2012 and I called this morning to get the tracking number for lbc, and as i checked lbc website it is already out for delivery. as of 3PM today I got my package. Thanks Lazada. As you can see on my previous post/comment, lazada failed on me before but I tried again because of the hassle of buying washing machine on the mall. I now receive my items within 3 business days. I'm happy with its service and with its current delivery partner LBC.

I think you should give lazada a chance. Good job Lazada

• Tt
      30th of Nov, 2012

kindly check the status of my refund (Order No.200042565), your giving me a wrong reference number to claim at Cebuana Lhullier i'm very DISAPPOINTED ON YOUR SERVICE. Until now i'm still waiting for the right reference number to claim my money (P9, 995.00). Di ko pinulat ang perang pinang bayad ko sa inyo pinag hirapan ko yan kaya noh kaya ibalik nyo na.

2nd of Dec, 2012

Sorry to hear that @ttsagarino, I think you should call customer service 795-8900 over and over again until the case is not close. I think Cebuana has a tracking also for the money sent and receive of their client, you can check it out.

4th of Dec, 2012

mag oorder sana ako kaso...parang problematic mga customer nila wag nalang...

17th of Dec, 2012

Planning to order from this site but because of my experience from Groupon Philippines I decided to research first. I have read most of the complaints and apparently all the problems we encountered and experienced were the same.

• Im
      18th of Dec, 2012

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF LAZADA'S PAY ON ARRIVAL OFFER LEGIT? :)

PLEASE :3

• Im
      18th of Dec, 2012

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF LAZADA'S PAY ON ARRIVAL REALLY TRUE?

I MEAN WILL THERE BE A FEE ONCE DELIVERED? OR WILL THE PRICE CHANGE?

ANYONE? IT WOULD MEAN SO MUCH ^_^

• Ca
      21st of Dec, 2012

Last December 2, I posted an order, coby mid8042. Unfortunately, the unit they delivered is defective. I reasoned out that wi-fi is defective. Truly it is defective... Lazada returned the unit without rooting the problem. Same problem, I returned again the unit with same reason. Somebody called me up asking what is the problem with the unit. I told them that stating the wi-fi problem is general. It really connects but once you started browsing, wi-fi begins to disconnect. Bakit di ko daw inistate? Ha??? Is it standard operation to check all possible problems related to this? Today, December 21, buti di totoong katapusan ng mundo today, kundi natapos ang mundo na di ko na-enjoy ang inorder ko. Sorry Lazada, sana improve your services.

• El
      22nd of Dec, 2012

Hi,

i am so disappointed with lazada. This is my ticket number 72188! I've been waiting for almost one and half month for my earphone. Bayad na un and nakakapagod mag follow up! so please tell me kung may balak pa kayong ibalik yun sakin or wala na! Sobrang haba ng pasensya na biningay ko tpos ngaun di ko na kayo macontact ! What kind of service do you have guys ?! I need an update with my ticket number.

• Ny
      8th of Jan, 2013

bumili ako sa @Lazadaph last Dec. 08, 2013 with order no. 300461162, after 7 days of waiting Dec. 14, 2012 their CSR emailed me informing that my order was cancelled by them because it's out of stock so I demand a refund and I give them my Bank Acct. no. Sabi pa nila 3-5 days lang daw ang pag process ng refund. I called their landline many times laki na nga ng bill ko and email them almost everyday just to know the status of my refund, paulit ulit nalang nilang sinasabi na on pinaprocess pa. Jan. 08, 2013 na(1 month) still hoping na ibabalik pa nila ang pera ko 4, 462.00 po yun pinaghirapan ko din yun ng ilang araw. first time kung bumili sa kanila ito pa napapala ko.

• Dr
      14th of Apr, 2013

I belong to online shopper because I do not have time to do ‘normal shopping’ (I am so busy with my work). I am credit card holder for more than 30years & use it internationally. My favourite online shops are amazon all over the world, ebay international and many others. I am ordering about 80.000 to 120000 in pesos monthly, sometimes less, sometimes more. I never had such bad experiences with any online companies AROUND THE WORLD as with lazada Philippine! I can publish the facts from supports which is shocking. IF YOU ARE HAPPY WITH LAZADA, THEN IS COMPARABLE WITH WINNING LOTERY! LAZADA IS FOR ME BAD, totally different level compared with amazon . I would not recommend anyone to buy anything from lazada, only get headache and high blood. The support and service departments are mostly incompetent

• Dr
      14th of Apr, 2013

If you order small things, it may be ok! But let your finger to order expensive things. You will have headache and problems only.

• Br
      7th of Aug, 2013

Hello,

I am also having a hard time waiting for my parcel from Lazada. I'm not sure if it's at their end or with 2GO. I'm beginning to get pissed because up to know I haven't got any update from them, No call, no sms, no e-mail updates from both lazada and 2GO. It seemed to me that they are ignoring me or something. This is my first time to order from them coz I thought I would be satisfied with their service. But I was wrong. First impression lasts. I'll cancel my order tommorow and I won't do business from them again!!!

• Le
      17th of Aug, 2013

Thats why you have a choce like cash on delivery, to be sure that the product will arrive before paying it.

3rd of Sep, 2013

Hello there...Same case happened to me...I ordered a tablet for my daughter's bday present ...I paid using my Credit Card and after a while a receive an email confirming that my order is in process...they also send me the order number to track my order...day by day i keep on checking the status since my daughter's bday is approaching...only to find out after contacting their customer service that my order wasn't process due to technical reasons... after several days they didn't bother to email me that there was a problem with my order and worst it has been charged to my credit card!..i need my credit card charges reversal...asap

6th of Aug, 2014

hello good morning, ipapacancel ko po sana yung order kase hanggang ngayon wala pa din eh..last july 31 pa yung order ko..
    order tracking # 306287826