www.laptopbatterydepot.com / bad product and service

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Warning! This company is bad news.
Me and a coworker ordered both submitted a seperate order for two different batteries. He got his first and it was dead. He was able to get a new one after paying for more shipping and return shipping. The new one doesnt hold a charge as well as expected but is working. Although, the low battery light is always on and annoying him.
When I recieved my battery it worked great for a few weeks, but then would charge past 50%. I recieved a return authorization from the website because I was within their 45 day guarantee. I sent in the battery and didnt hear from them. After a few weeks I sent them and email and they said that I should have recieved an email and that I was past my 45 day limit. I could get another battery if I paid for shipping again but since they are zero for three I'm not to satisfied with that. Also, why should I pay shipping again if they send me a bad battery. What happened to customer service? They were the cheapest I found with what seemed to be a good waranty but in this case cheaper is definitely not better. BTW, a brand new battery that only holds a charge for 45 minutes is considered good by them. Please learn from my mistake.

Comments

17th of Aug, 2008

The company looks more like a SCAM to me! They say that they receive their products "directly" from the manufacturer, but there is no brand name or anything printed on the battery to figure out where the battery comes from (it only has the caution statement).
    I bought my battery about a month ago, it was working fine for a while. But a couple of days ago, my laptop suddenly turned off while it was on battery. I plugged in the power cord, but the battery won't charge up any more :( Although it shows 28% full, but the laptop won't start or work even for a second when I unplug the power cord!!!
    They have a stupid warranty policy. Not only you should return the battery in the original packaging, but also they will charge you at least $5 restocking fee; the shipping fee is not refunded either!!! On the other hand, if you decide to exchange it for another one, you are eligible for ONE exchange only for the whole TWO years!!! Which means they are gonna send you another crappy battery, and if anything went wrong with it you cannot even ask for another exchange!!!

• Do
      16th of Oct, 2008

I bought a battery from them. It works great. I got the battery within 3 days of ordering it. The battery has worked for over a year now. We have actually bought more batteries for our company. I talked to Johnny in customer support and he even gave our company a coupon.

We actually recommend them. Take it for what it is worth.

-Doug

• Da
      31st of Oct, 2008

I am on my 2nd battery from them. First battery failed after 3 months. Second battery also failing after 3 months. My laptop is fine with another battery I have had over a year so it is not my laptop. Read the fine print in their 2 year warranty. You only get 1 replacement battery. Their batterys are no good. Do not buy from this company!

• 72
      12th of Jun, 2009

Yes you’re right, I am on my first battery from them.but failed after 3 months, so I won’t bother to send it back. But I will need to leave negative feedback to alert other US customers that they may be $59, do not waste your money!!! out of pocket and with a useless piece of junk in their hands.I would recommended that US store from http://www.buy-laptop-batteries.com, of course, the price is not cheap, but the quality is very good, high quality JANAN batteries cell. I TESTED IT ALREADY.