www.healthyouvending.com / Scam

1 Salt Lake City, UT, United States Review updated:

Healthy You Vending is one of the biggest scams ever. I own several Healthy You/1800 Vending combo drink and snack machines. After paying over $9000 a machine I found out that they were actually made in India and cost less than $2000 to manufacutrue. I was very excited about entering the business. It’s mine and I know my productivity will be reflected by my effort and time invested. I did 2 months of research before I narrowed it down to Healthy You Vending/ 1-800 vending. Negative reviews were hard to come by. I don’t remember seeing any about this company. The staff seemed very knowledgeable and encouraging. They solidified my choice to join the industry. This was the worst mistake I ever made. I come from a very technical background. From the moment I received my first machine I noticed the low level of quality. When I first opened the machine some of the insulation fell out. Luckily this machine was in my garage. My first machine on location was a nightmare. The back gate for the drinks was a pain to adjust, but I finally got it. The next two weeks I thought all was well until I kept receiving one or two complaints a week about people getting ripped off. That gradually increased. They would put their money in and only get change. THE MOTOR WOULD NOT EVEN SPIN. I talked to Seaga, the manufacturer. Their philosophy is that if you cannot duplicate the problem it doesn’t exist. Likely so because there is little you can do about it. I tried to duplicate the problem on my machine in my garage, but I was unable to do it on either of the two machines after continuous maintenance vending. Seaga’s actual recommendation was that I sit at my location and wait for it to happen. Who has time for that and why would the location want the vender at their place of business staring at his machine all day? Why would I have to do that for a brand new machine. Finally while responding to an unrelated complaint. A potential customer was patiently waiting on me to finish trouble shooting the machine before they got their drink. Then finally they put their $1 in for a 0.75 cent soda and all they got was a quarter. Another customer in the break room told me that happened to her as well. There is WAY MORE, but I’ll keep my grips to a minimum for now. Long story short I lost a 100+ employee location. It was very embarrassing after I sold them on how new the machine was and the card reader (also gave me issues). This is also the same location where I had multiple thefts. You can reach your hand in the drink slot and pull out the drink in the shoot (auger). It’s incredibly easy and a major engineering defect. The only reason why the theft stopped was because the director threaten to fire any staff member who was caught and they would not have a machine at all. The parts in the drink machine also fall out. If they are not in place this cause 2 drinks to drop at once. Seaga did send me plugs to modify this engineering default. I mainly talk with Seaga when I have issues with the machine. I rarely talk to 1-800 vending. They are salesmen who glue awesome graphics to an awful product. These machines are not designed for high volume locations nor are they worth the price. I am grateful that I have some technical experience so that I do not need to rely on Seaga because they are not very helpful either. I have more machines and more complaints, but I can sum it up with this, if you choose Healthy You Vending or 1-800 vending. You have been warned. I do not recommend these machines. Do not buy machines from these bloodsuckers. It will be the worst mistake you ever make.

He
Feb 19, 2014

Comments

• Un
      15th of Apr, 2014

Thanks for sharing your experience and sparing me from making the same mistake! I too was impressed with Healthy You Vending's glitzy marketing and positive testimonials until I did the deeper research and found complaint after complaint of fraud. At least two states filed charges against the owners. These guys have nothing more than a high school education and sound like a couple of con men based on the feedback out there. I hope anyone considering Healthy You reads this and the other negative posts out there and reaches the same conclusion: HEALTHY YOU CAN'T BE TRUSTED!!

25th of Apr, 2019

@Unhealthy Business The “experience” you are referring to is a bogus complaint filed by Christopher Wyland, the owner of Grow Healthy Vending. Grow and Wyland were ordered by a federal court to cease posing as Healthy YOU operators and filing fraudulent complaints. Grow has since ceased operations and has been sued multiple times for fraudulent business activities.

Our company is entering our 20th year helping people start their own vending business. We are an accredited company with the Better Business Bureau and have an A+ rating. We also have the best rating in the industry with Dun & Bradstreet. We are a top choice for franchise seekers.

• Ho
      30th of Aug, 2016
    Best Best Advice

The crappy machine quality isn't the only scam. The location services are HORRIBLE. They have done little to nothing to help me place machines from my HUGE investment and I am almost ONE YEAR into it! When something goes wrong, they all point fingers at the other and it's rare that anything gets resolved. The SOFTWARE is the WORST I have ever used. It's so outdated, time consuming and cumbersome, it's easier to keep spreadsheets! I have never regretted a business decision I have made but I've never been a victim of fraud before. Now, I am!

• Ka
      13th of Sep, 2018

@horrible healthy you I’m seeing a lawyer tomorrow for all of the above. It’s been a year & 1/2 and 2 of my machines are in the original srorage, and the other locations were ridiculous. When I was doing their 2 day class I found out that they had snuck on 5 media links to my machine order, I had no idea what they were, I assumed that they had something to do with card reader or whatever. I was never told about them or asked if I wanted them and paid for the machines before I received all the literature. I was the only person in the class of about 30 people that had them so when the guy Dirk was talking about media links he addressed me . When we had a break I asked why and he said “you’re the only one here that has media links, and when I told him I never wanted them or was asked he said “ oh I hate it when that happens” . I asked if I should call the sales guy I dealt with he said “ you’ll probably never be able to get ahold of him again”. Obviously at that point I knew these guys were shady asses and when I went to the head guy Scott & told him what happened he said to email him tomorrow and if the machines haven’t shipped yet he’ll see what he can do. I did, & he never responded and the next day I received an email that my machines had shipped. The only reason I didn’t pursue the matter was that they needed to place them for me and I was afraid to piss them off. I had just moved to San Diego and didn’t know the area and was counting on their help to find good locations for them . Well all five machines will be in storage tomorrow, 3 in one here and 2 in the origanal storage that are brand new. They have stopped contacting me about locations, won’t return my emails. So like I said, I’m talking to a lawyer tomorrow to see if I can do anything to get some money back, 60 K wasted on this BSin last year & 1/2. I wished I had found reviews like this site when I was doing research I didn’t see anything bad and now it’s everywhere. Oh and yes, the machines are crappy and pain in the but to deal with. I hate these guys so much!!

25th of Apr, 2019

@horrible healthy you We are sorry if you invested with our company and did not have a great or even good experience. Since you did not leave your name on your post we have no way of identifying you. Please reach out to us and let us help you in your business. Since your review is not typical of the experience of the vast majority of our operators and the many Better Business Bureau reviews we have received we wonder if you could be mixing us up with a competitor in Las Vegas who has copied our name and our program. We look forward to talking with you.

• Je
      6th of Oct, 2016

I gave Healthy You a down payment (3500) for machines, then had a health issue come up. They dont refund your money. That to me means something is wrong.
    jennifer

25th of Apr, 2019

@jeniles Jennifer – we have no record of ever receiving a $3, 500 deposit from anyone with your name. Could you contact us so we can arrange a refund if the deposit was paid to our company?

4th of Dec, 2016

I wish I had seen this sooner. I thought I did my homework and checked this company out. I spend $84, 000 on 10 machines after they assured me that they could get locations at the rate of one every 2 or 3 weeks. It has been 3 months and none of my machines have been placed in locations. They offer a training class and some of us exchanged emails. in the last 3 months people have received 1 or 2 locations each . Some people have no machines in the field making money.

25th of Apr, 2019

@JosephM3 Joseph – we are not sure why your records and ours are so different. We show that several of your machines were located when you wrote this post and that seven of your 10 machines were located by us and you found locations for three. A school, a Hyatt Regency and two corporate offices are some of the locations we provided. We do not show that you requested a replacement on any of your locations so we have assumed all were working out. We have not been able to reach you. Could you contact us?

• La
      12th of Jun, 2017

***LAWSUIT UPDATE***

The postings/reviews above have been identified as fraudulent. The person posting it is not a customer of HealthyYOU.

A Final Judgment and Permanent Injunction has been ordered against Christopher Wyland, CEO of Grow Healthy Vending by United States District Court Judge Clark Waddoups (Civil No. 1:14-CV-00121-CW). Wyland, Grow Healthy Vending and other persons in active concert or participation with them, are prohibited from making any further false or misleading misrepresentations about HealthyYOU Vending. Wyland/Grow are also enjoined from making further false statements regarding the geographic origin or quality of the machines.

SEE VENDING MARKET WATCH NEWS RELEASE: http://www.vendingmarketwatch.com/news/12327387/healthyyou-vending-granted-stipulated-judgment-and-permanent-injunction-against-chris-wyland-grow-healthy-vending-in-lawsuit-settlement

Please contact HealthyYOU for any questions on this or any other fabricated post.

3rd of Oct, 2018

Going into purchasing the Healthy You vending machines, Healthy You stated that I would be 100% covered against fire, theft and vandalism, which was also printed out on the purchase agreement. After two years of being on the second floor of a hotel, one of my machines was severely vandalized. I contacted Healthy You and the 100% coverage claim they made turned out to be an absolute LIE, as they stated they wanted over $4000 to replace the machine! Had they just been HONEST in the first place, I would've had the option of purchasing my own private insurance, instead of trusting in their false claim that the machine was covered. Despite many phone calls, Healthy You NEVER tried to rectify the situation in any way. Do NOT fall for any of Healthy You's DECEITFUL LIES! Avoid this company at all costs!

25th of Apr, 2019

@Jamie P. Jamie – we have no record of having sold machines to you. We have had our fire, theft and vandalism coverage for nearly 20 years. While few people have ever needed it we have ALWAYS covered any affected machines under this policy. Please contact us if we dropped the ball.

• Be
      29th of Oct, 2018

Ugh...i'm in the same boat. Bought 4 machines. 4 months later, none are placed. They are trying to push me into finding my own locations. I have a full time job which helped me pay for the machines, and they won't even expand the search to include places open until 5pm. I'm beginning to feel this will be my biggest mistake as well. God, I hope I'm wrong.

• I got my dates wrong and half of my locations had been found by the time I wrote my post. I am satisfied with the progress being made. I was not able to attend the company's two day training and that has kept me from moving forward as quickly as I could have. I do talk with the company on a regular basis.

• Be
      29th of Jan, 2019

@beals1978 Resolved. I got my dates wrong and half of my locations had been found by the time I wrote my post. I am satisfied with the progress being made. I was not able to attend the company's two day training and that has kept me from moving forward as quickly as I could have. I do talk with the company on a regular basis.