www.hairstraightenershop.com / Counterfeit GHD straighteners

Perth, Western Australia, Australia Review updated:
2.5

Purchased a GHD hair straightener from this site for $228 AUS only to be sent a cheap fake hair straightener.

I tried to registered the item for warrantly purposes but it wouldnt work, GHD have informed me that the hologram codes i provided indicate that the product is an inferior and unsafe counterfeit product. The vast majority of "ghd" products sold on internet sites (including eBay and TradeMe) are not genuine ghd products. Those counterfeits are inferior in both components and performance, and generally develop faults within weeks of first use (and are not covered by the ghd 24 month warranty).

The vendor refuses to give me a refund so i have now lodged a dispute through the credit card company i used to pay for this item to try and get my money back.

Comments

Si
  17th of Nov, 2008
You could copy and paste the above story for me as my story is almost identical however I bought from www.straighter-hair.com and am now lodging a dispute form with my credit card provider. Annoyed with myself for being taken in by this site but hope that this email prevents someone else doing the same!
Ya
  5th of Dec, 2008
oh shittt
i just bought onee off www.hair-straighter.com too!
please tell me if you get money back!?
Er
  15th of Dec, 2008
Bloody hell!!! My husband has just bought me a ghd hair straightener from straighterhair.com!!! We have been trying to get the tracking code for Australia Post to no avail!!! They just keep sending responses saying that the item has been sent and should expect delivery any day!!! I would like to know i others have either recieved their item or not and if they do is it fraudulant???!!! If any one can help that would be brilliant.
Jo
  16th of Dec, 2008
I purchased a straightner from straighter-hair.com and after 10 days and many emails stating I no longer wanted the item I recieved the tracking number. As comments have been passed of the items from this site being fakes and also as they have not delivered within there stated time frame, I will not be accepting it and lodging a complaint with my credit card provider.
In the mean time, open https://secure.rdgateway.com/cs/. In the boxes enter your name and e-mail address - exactly the same as you typed it in when making your purchase. Dont be fooled, the GS pay site you used to make the purchase is a fake and is run by the counterfeiters. Open a ticket with your complaints, every communication between you and them will be logged so you are able to print it out for future reference when trying to get your payment back. I have not recieved the item yet and I won't be accepting it as I didnt pay $228 for a cheap piece of plastic from China.
Ki
  21st of Dec, 2008
I posted this original complaint and I just wanted to update my situation

As i had paid using my Commonwealth Bank Visa Gold Card I contacted my bank to open a dispute against the seller I was then sent paperwork to complete which i did and returned this will all the paperwork to support my claim including copies of all communication between the vendor, GS pay site and also GHD confirming that my item was a fake.

After 36 days Commonwealth Bank sent me more forms requesting all the information again and requesting that i have the item checked out by a qualifed electrical person and a letter including a business letterhead from this qualified person to state that this item wasnt as described I also had 10 days to return all this info ...

Well I would like to think that if GHD stated in writing that the item was not produced by them well then it can only be a fake - GHD can only make GHD simple? no not for the commonwealth bank

I also have had random charges to my visa card after i made complaints to the vendor - another hassle i have had since purchasing this item

So i have had to cancel my visa card, prob wont get my $228 back and am now disputing random charges on my old visa card...

On the upside i have realised that my Commonwealth visa card was a waste of money and that if i cancel it, i will save myself $114 a year so in two years i will have saved myself $228 wow the exact amount i wasted purchasing the fake GHD
Be