www.grantwritingexpress.com / scam

1 PA, United States Review updated:

I too have been scammed by this company. I paid $3.95 for a CD which I never received then an unauthorized charge of 74.95 came out of my account. I now am having my bank dispute the charge and have been trying to call the 888 number but get a busy signal. This is a scam so BEWARE! Does anyone know if the BBB wou;ld do anything if I report them?? Probabaly just change their name???

Ja

Comments

• Ed
      24th of Feb, 2009

iam getting charged 74.95 for something i did not ordered

• Th
      2nd of Mar, 2009

I also paid 3.95 for the grant writing express cd was charged 74 95 everytime I call the line is busy and have not received the cd

• Dr
      3rd of Mar, 2009

I was also recently scammed by this company. I agreed to the $3.95 "shipping" charge, and was later billed $74.95. I cancelled, and was sent "screen shots" of the form I supposedly agreed to -- these were NOT shots from the form I actually filled out.

When I tried to call the number listed by this company, I was unable to get through 98% of the time. The two times that I did get through, the phone was answered by an automated service, which offered to direct my call to the next available rep. I was on hold for 15 minutes (the first try) and 23 minutes (second try) before being disconnected.

2 weeks later, this same card was charged $29.99 from another website with the same MO. Bogus phone number that is always busy or automatically disconnects. I have NEVER visited the second site, and they have yet to reply to my email asking how they got my credit card information.

I've seen similar complaints about this on other complaint boards, so it seems apparent that these 2 scam sites are connected (too much to be coincidence, don't you think?)

My bank advised me to file disputes against both charges, and to cancel that credit card and have a new one issued, as the card number has obviously been sold/is being used for fraudulent purposes. In addition to these actions, I have filed complaints with the Federal Trade Comission, and encourage you to do the same here:

• Ra
      4th of Mar, 2009

I thought I was the only one that fell for this scam. I will file a complaint now, hopefully they can be stopped.

• Su
      4th of Mar, 2009

I have ordered the CD as well which NEVER arrived..Tried to call the contact phone number which turned out to be directory assistance.I also tried to log in to their website and log in as suggested, but could not.PLEASE FOLKS DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DON'T FALL FOR THIS SCAM...
    BEWARE ! BEWARE!

• Ba
      5th of Mar, 2009

OH YES!!! THE $3.95 CHARGE COMES FIRST..THEN BOOOMMMMM UR ***HIT WITH $74.95*** I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH MY BANK, LUCKILY MY ACCOUNT WILL BE CREDITED TOMORROW WITH THE $74.95!!! I WAS LUCKY,

PLEASE CANCELL WHATEVER CARD YOU USED BECAUSE GUESS WHAT IT GETS WORSE...MY BANK TOLD ME IT WAS GOOD I GOT A DIFFERANT CARD...BECAUSE THIS BOGUS SITE WAS SET UP TO TAKE OUT $74.95 EVERY MONTH!!! I WAS BEYOND SHOCKED!!!

ALSO THE # ON THIS PAGE, WHICH IS IN MICHIGAN IS A ***RESIDENCE***, I KNOW BECAUSE I
    CALLED IT!!! THE WOMAN I TALKED WITH SAID SHE HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT...YEA RIGHT??? PERSONALLY I BELIEVE SOME-HOW SHE'S IN ON THIS SCAM!!!

NOTHING IS FOR FREE...THESE PEOPLE WILL GET WHAT'S COMMING TO THEM, WE THE COMPLAINTERS MIGHT NOT HEAR ABOUT IT...BUT AS THE SAYING GOES ***WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND***

BE VERY CAREFUL AND GOOD LUCK TO U ALL,