www.gocopyright.com / stole my money, did nothing, wont answer emails, have no phone number for clients to call

Phone: 555-1212

On Novemeber 26th, 2007 I ordered from www.gocopyright.com the service to copyright my website. I recived confirmation that my order went through and my credit card was charged. In april of 2008, I still had not heard anything, so I wrote them several emails asking them the status (i know it can take several months) and they finally replied after 5 emails. They said my order "skipped" their system, and would re-sumit it immediately. Fine. In Septemeber I inquired again, and now they tell me they have no record of me at all! I gave them all the correspondence we had had, and have STILL not hear back from them! It has been WEEKS, it should not take WEEKS to reply to an email. I feel I have been scammed, big time. They have no phone number, have their website registered by proxy as well. The customer is left defenseless and fustrated. What a waste of time and money

Ba

Comments

• Kk
      19th of Jun, 2009

I have sent an email to copyright titles, story borads and screenplays and have no luck in reaching these people. The titles were included in an email to purchase since there was some difficluty purchasing these items on line. I am concerned that the titles, etc. have been seen by the company. An internet search I have uncovered some interesting reviews on this web site.

I am still awaiting a response and I'm not quite sure what to make of these reviews.

Kathy Tsuyemura
    Honolulu, Hawaii

• Mi
      28th of Jun, 2009

I sent a copyright for a novel in October 2008 and to this day, I still have not been registered. I now have to go and spend the money again. This is obviously a worthless site and I'm sorry for anyone else who gets tricked into this.

• Pi
      30th of Jun, 2009

Here is their phone number. I told them I am going to organize a class action lawsuit on them so if your interested email me at pijoe76@hotmail.com, call them and you get a message where they give you their email address which they never reply to. Leave them a message and let them know you are joining in on a class action lawsuit! Lets take this ### ripoff business down for good!

310-492-5608

Once I get enough people interested in the class action I will contact a lawyer.

• Cl
      17th of Jul, 2009

I did a online registration of my CD Original Music back in June 2008.There was a problen uploading the tracks to Gocopyright.com, s o I MAILED them a CD copy.Here it is almost a year to the date I applied and I have NO confirmation that Gocopyright.com even sent my CD to the Copyright Office/Library Of Congress(which is what I should've done in the first place).I've emailed then SEVERAL times trying to get confirmation that my work was FORWARDED to Copyright Office in Washington, DC.For all we know-this person or persons could be SCAMMING us all while selling our works to Music & Literary Publishers both here & overseas.SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE about this ! If you present yourself as a BIG business-you should TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS and that means Customer Service, Email Responses, etc.Clif S. in Chicago, IL

• Cl
      17th of Jul, 2009

GoCopyright.com is TERRIBLE about answering emails inquiries & complaints.Sounds like a one-man living room operation to me !

• Da
      12th of Oct, 2009

This Website is a Fraud! September 26 2009 I had completed a song. The work in it's entirety was mine. I had trusted gocopyright.com with the task of helping me attain my copyright through the U.S. Copyright Office. I have sent countless emails with question as to whether or not my work has been processed. No reply. I believe have requested over the phone and through email that they would return my work, delete any record of my work and refund my money. Legal zoom.com is registered with the BBB. I will also be participating in a class action law suit against gocopyright.com. I am sending a letter to the BBB to inform them of this horrible scam. An author's work is like his child, and the thought of someone taking that away from you is an outrage.

If anyone should wish to participate in getting their work back, as well as there money, and bringing a corrupt company to justice. Please feel free to contact me at

DavidLlorente@Live.com

Please send me a detailed account of with dates and times to help be submitted to our attorneys. Thank you all for your help and support.

David

• Ar
      12th of Oct, 2009

I also got ripped off. I submitted my screenplay to get registered 7 months ago, but it never got registered, and there is no record of it with the copyright office. I wrote emails to them, but never heard from them again. I even paid for the rush service. I want to join the class action lawsuit that people are starting. i had to re-register it through the copyright office, which is what I should have done the first time. These people are getting away with stealing money and our hard work. They should pay!
    Ariana Dubynin
    arianadubynin@yahoo.com

• St
      14th of Feb, 2010

Unfortunately it looks as if I got ripped off as well. Has anyone heard of their works actually going through okay on this site gocopyright.com? Please let me know - is this a complete scam or what? Why haven't any of the victims gone to the US Attorney to try to get mail/wire fraud charges against them if this is really a scam? It's easier than going to consumer fraud agencies, etc. Why hasn't the company representatives come to deny this allegations on this page?

Stephen Kendrick : stephenleekendrick@yahoo.com

• Js
      15th of Sep, 2010

It's true. Gocopyright.com is a scam. I have proof. It doesn't cost much to get anything copyrighted at the official US copyright office website. In fact, when you upload your materials to the US copyright office you get an “Acknowledgement of Uploaded Deposit‏” email stating that your work has been submitted and that your transaction was a success. The case number from the US copyright office will be legit and the case number from gocopyright.com will be false. I've submitted mine after gocopyright.com sent me an email with it and it said no records for all cases when I’ve tried it on the US copyright site. This is a big proof for those who have experience dealing with US copyright office. My receipt with my case number from gocopyright.com looks similar like the US copyright office but it's a fraud. Your case number should be an open case until it's seen through towards its final stage. They should have a record of it. Something that takes $35 or $45 dollars to do shouldn't cost $124, etc. Just go to the US copyright office and deal with them directly, everything there is straight forward.

• Me
      13th of Dec, 2010

Me too... any word on what is going on with this company??? Please give advise?