www.folica.com / Warranty Scam!

I bought a Revlon blow dryer from Folica. I'd done a tonne of research on this blow dryer, found it was one of the best on the market (better than a lot of the $200 blow dryers) and decided what the hell, I may as well buy it as it was only $28.95. There's a reason it was only $28.95.
The blow dryer stopped working less than a month after I bought it. Okay, I thought, no biggy, it's covered under warranty. Folica goes on and on about their warranty, but guess what? It sucks!
To get my blow dryer replaced, I have to pay to ship it back to Folica (fine, understandable) but then I have to pay Folica $29.95 to get it replaced. So, I have to pay MORE than the cost of the blow dryer to get my blow dryer replaced under warranty. This is absolute garbage... what's the point of the warranty?

So

Comments

Tr
  26th of Dec, 2008

I TOTALLY AGREE! I BOUGHT A SEDU FLAT IRON FROM THEM FOR OVER A WEEK AND HAVEN'T RECEIVE IT! THEY SENT IT BY USPS AND USPS TRACKING SYSTEM SUCKS! SO I CALLED THEM TO ASK IF THEY KNOW WHERE MY ORDER IS AND THEY KEEP SAYING TO CALL BACK LATER! AND EVERYTIME I CALL AND TALK I HAVE TO KEEP SAYING HELLO? HELLO? BECAUSE THE PERSON STOP TALKING FOR LIKE 10 MINUTES EVERY TIME I SAY SOMETHING! I AM REALLY FURIOUS, IF I DON'T RECEIVE IT IN A WEEK I'LL MAKE SURE THAT THE SENTENCE "FOLICA IS A SCAM! DO NOT BUY" EVERYTIME TO SEARCH IT UP ON GOOGLE! I AM NOT GOING TO BUY FROM THEM AGAIN, SHOULD HAVE SEARCHED THEM UP ON GOOGLE BEFORE BUYING ANYTHING FROM THEM!

Je
  7th of Jan, 2009
www.folica.com - Shipping scam
Folica

I ordered a sedu flat iron from folica.com over two weeks ago and I haven't received It. I payed for two day shipping. Why do I have to pay extra for fast shipping when they are delaying more than a week or who knows when they are going to deliver It. The customer service keeps saying " the order is in process please call tomorrow" They don't even have an Idea of when are they are going to deliver It or why It has delayed so much! They don't charge your credit card so you have to be on the expectation of a sudden charge without notice in your credit card and have to keep checking the balance to not comit a mistake.

Su
  14th of Nov, 2009

I read once that if you are happy with a service or product, you tell 1 person. If you are unhappy, you will tell five. That's why I'm taking the time to tell everyone what a wonderful experience I have had with Folica. In a nutshell: Almost 2 years ago I purchased a $200 Sedu flat iron. Received it within one week, and free shipping to boot. 23 months later it lost power. I called customer service (less that 1 min. hold time) and they gave me all the info I needed to send in my warranty. HERE"S THE BEST PART: I mailed it back at 4:30pm on a Tuesday, and Friday evening, Folica notified me that my new iron was on it's way via UPS. I checked the tracking number and it is indeed on it's way. How could they possibly improve on that service? I plan on spreading this comment on the web, so excuse me if you see it again. Thank you Folica!