www.erdsupply.com / internet scam

1 WA, United States Review updated:

This is a scam website, they get their victims mostly from craigslist by listing iphone, nintendo, xbox, etc at outregeously low prices, when you contact the seller, he will refer you to the erdsupply.com website, In this website you are required to pay $29.99 to register and once you do, they will give you access to their supplier lists which is a bunch of garbage, the so called suppliers are just all googled up lists from the internet, no body on the list will sell to you on the price that you saw in craigslist, all chinese suppliers sell fakes with different names, If you see any good review on erdsupply, chances are one of their scammers put it up on the internet, do not believe it, I have filed a report against them with the FTC, I will make sure that I put the head guy in jail, he is all over the internet, rather than getting a real job, he thinks he can scam people.

Sk

Comments

Rh
  8th of Oct, 2008

thanks for looking out. I received an email of exactly what you've just said. People like that have no conscience at all.

J
  1st of Nov, 2008

i just got the exact email you were talking about... f that place

THANKS!

Gr
  22nd of Nov, 2008

here is the email address of the person who sent me an invite (an answer to a craigslist ad for a slightly used iPhone... JohnEdwards293@yahoopopmail.com

here is the text of the email...
Sorry it's already been sold and it was the last one I had. I'm leaving on vacation here soon so I won't have any more for a while. If you want to buy one yourself you can order online www.erdsupply.com. Their selection isn't quite as large as ebay or amazon but you can save a lot of money on the stuff they do carry.

Happy Holidays!

John

Le
  27th of Nov, 2008

Same here! I got the exact same email. I replied to an ad on craiglist and that is the response!

Sa
  27th of Nov, 2008

is there any hope to get my money back? i just did it today without reading feedback on, now i am regretting it

Ki
  30th of Nov, 2008

Wow, I just received the same email. Thanks for sharing!

Gr
  2nd of Dec, 2008

Sure thing the site is a fake, I received same mail from that john bloke. I filled all paypal details until the last page before thinking better of it! I hope I wasn't already charged, that membership fee is just a ripoff! Please spread this message. I hope when that john bloke is caught we can all get our money back.

Cheers

GT

Pr
  24th of Feb, 2009

Even i got the same mail from different person.his email id is RobertCarter32@yahoopopmail.com . Please be careful some of this sites.
There are other 2 sites which i am aware(http://www.iupost.com/classifieds/electronics/viewad.php?ID=9618 and orders@mcrubino.com" )which does fraud business.

Once I lost $250.00 from www.iupost.com
Please some law should come up to protect this type of scams. they should be punished badly.
Praveen

29th of Mar, 2009

Wow! I can't believe how many people have been victim and almost victim to this fraudulent www.Erdsupply.com website! I saw the same posting on craigslist offering to sell an Apple iPhone 3G 8GB for $350 so I emailed the address.

This is the reply I got from RobertCarter32@yahoopopmail.com:

Sorry it's already been sold and it was the last one I had. I won't have any more for a while. If you want to buy one yourself you can order online www.erdsupply.com. Their selection isn't quite as large as ebay or amazon but you can save a lot of money on the stuff they do carry.

Robert

Guys, if something sounds too good to be true, then it probably is! Do yourselves a favour, make sure you search up some background and reviews on something that you aren't sure about. I almost fell for this one.

Take care.

Te
  18th of Apr, 2009

hi,

i received the same email from that guy, and was refer to
ERD Supply and after i pay my $29.99 membership, they still continue sending me bills. i will contact my paypal and see if i can get mey money back.

Wa
  22nd of Apr, 2009

Yes, it was an iphone deal on craigslist that was listed for a price that was too good to be true! The guy sent me an email saying

Robert

His email was Robertcarter32@yahoopopmail.com. Thank Gos for the internet! I did not go ahead with the transactions, but just in case you do, please call paypal immediately so that they can hold the funds from the seller. Once the seller withdraws the funds, then you might have to wait for a very long time to get your money back if you are lucky.

Thanks guys, and always google stuff before you buy.!

Ra
  18th of May, 2009

Exactly same response is what I got too...
Not one time, but multiple number of times...
They make the price on the craigslist or other advertising means so attractive that you are tempted to contact them...
Stay away from this site, it is a scam...

Ja
  3rd of Jul, 2009

Got scammed too. Paypal is refusing to refund, saying this is intangible item, and mine is an isolated case.

What a shameful Paypal!

Paypal is collecting fees and fees and fees for this scammer, and does not want to protect its custoemr, the buyer! Shame on you Paypal!!!

Km
  18th of Aug, 2009

Same scammer with new site:

Same site look -- different name

Xp
  1st of Dec, 2009

http://prdsupply.com is the same as the other scam sites!!!

De
  18th of Dec, 2009

Just got this email when replying to a crazy good add on craigslist for a really cool house to rent for really cheap and I got this email back...
Hi there,

Thanks for your interest in my home for rent and/or lease option depending on whether you're interested in long or short term. I've had some replies already with people whom are interested so what I'm doing to weed out the potentially not so serious renters is ask that a credit application be filled out and brought in prior to viewing the Home. I have some valuable furnishings and would like to protect myself since my last renter kind of tore up the place and I had to buy new appliances and semi remodel the home. Way too much work for me to have to go thru again, I hope you understand. You can get a free credit report here.

Once this is completed along with a rental application which can be downloaded for free contact me so we can schedule a walk thru. Thanks for your time!

Sincerely,

Jim Sampson

Li
  22nd of Dec, 2009

I got the same thing as above... they send you to freecreditreport.com where they charge you plus some other company charges you... if you put in any car info i'd call your bank and cancel all incoming charges AND report it as well as get a new card. Also, if you filled out the credit app, make sure and check your credit - sometimes they'll try and open an account under your name and ruin your credit.

On
  11th of Sep, 2011

hi everyone, you can ask for a refund from clickbank as this erdsupply.com is a vendor on clickbank. I did ask for a refund for other product which stated that money back guaranteed but i don't know if it will work for erdsupply.com. Try to visit clickbank help and customer look up order, it will ask for an email you use to register on erdsupply.com and your order number which you can find on your paypal account. I hope this will works and nobody get scam again. I'm a satisfied customer of salehoo.com. This is truly legit. Good luck!