www.eBay.co.uk / Terrible experience!

United Kingdom Review updated:

Purchased what i thought were genuine ghds from a company on ebay.co.uk. opened by my daughter as xmas present and they didn't work properly. (She was very upset). I decided to send them to the 'ghd manufacturers' in uk. Many weeks later they were returned with a letter explaining that they were fake, unrepairable and they wanted the details of the company as the police should be involved. Went to Paypal for my money back. they keep fobbing me off. went to ebay. they said it was more than 60 days fobbed off again I thought i was covered by law up to 6 months against electrical faults. Surely i don't have to lose my 80 quid. My daughters still waiting for her present... Ghds are only fit for bin. Do i have any rights...

1. Went to ghd direct and not back to seller, but i assumed they were under warranty.
2. I live as an army wife in BFPO 10, nariobi, kenya and we've had riots!
3. Company in question has disappeared, i emailed and no answer.

Ebay says its not their problem! Paypal just keep sending on their 'automatic email' roundabout and haven't answered my last email. Paypal they say you're protected against fraud, but then they don't let you claim!

Comments

Mi
  13th of Feb, 2008
To whom it may concern.

We are from Ethiopia, Addis Ababa.
We dont use International Credit cards here like (VISA, MASTER CARD....) but there are lots of people who has the interest to buy from eBay.

So, We are trying to start a firm like, people come and choose what to buy from Ebay. Then they give us the money and we pay for eBay by credit card via an agent in U.S.A and they would get the Item delivered.

So is there any possible means we can organize the firm even if you give us a patent or license to work under your regulations.