www.Decorating-etc.com / Poor service!

On May 24, 2007, I placed an order for lights. They told me my lights would arrive within 4-6 weeks. After 6 weeks, I emailed and asked what the status of my order was. They responded it would be another 2 weeks. After that, still no lights. I emailed again and was told they were very busy and the lights would arrive in another week or two. Here we are 11 weeks since my order and still no lights. I emailed the company and told them to cancel my order to which I received no reply. Today I contacted my credit card and reported them. Other online companies can deliver the same lights in 2-4 DAYS! It should not take over 11 weeks to get lights. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

There is no excuse for this.

Comments

• El
      30th of Aug, 2007
    www.Decorating-etc.com - No customer service, no product

My complaint is nearly identical to that posted by Giesele. I ordered two items from www.decorating-etc.com seven weeks ago. I was promised delivery on August 22 (six weeks after purchase). From that date forward, I have sent daily emails and attempted to talk to a human being at decorating-etc.com. I have gotten no replies and can reach only voice mail promising a return phone call within two days. I have now put the charge (my credit card was charged immediately on placing the order) into dispute by contacting my credit card company.

Decorating-etc.com is committing fraud.

• He
      14th of Sep, 2007
    www.Decorating-etc.com - No product, no service, no refund!

On May 20, 2007 I ordered light fixtures from these people. Their order confirmation said they would email me when my order ships. On May 30, 2007 I emails to check status on my order and was told it was expected to ship at the end of June. My credit card was charged immediately upon placing the order. The end of June came and went, no lights. I emailed again and was told they expected my order to ship August 6, 2007. August 6 came and went - nothing. Then on August 16, 2007 I canceled the order and demanded my money refunded. At that time I was told that they would have to check with the manufacturer to see if the order could be canceled, otherwise I would be charged a 25% re-stocking fee. Finally on Sept. 4, 2007 I received an email from them with a cancellation number. Now I'm waiting for my refund. They no longer return our phone calls or emails. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in Trenton, NJ on Sept. 13, 2007 so am waiting to see what they do.

• De
      5th of Dec, 2007
    www.Decorating-etc.com - No fixtures, no refund!
    Decorating Etc.
    P.O. Box 4066
    Wayne
    New Hampshire
    Phone: 866-544-4874 & 973- 504-62
    www.decorating-etc.com

Ordered and paid for fixtures July 14. It is now December 5. I still have not received the Murray Feiss portion of my order ($590.40). The other items came but some were broken. They do not return phone calls or e-mails. They tell you that things will be shipped and they never come. They do not answer their phone, you can just leave a message. This is the worst online buying experience ever!!!