www.CamerAddict.com / Fraudulent company!

1 New York, NY, United States Review updated:

Comments

• Ji
      15th of May, 2008

This is the same exact thing that happened to me. Theer were additional unforseen charges and variables that were never before mentioned, but were required for practical usage. When I was finally up to an additional $300 over original purchase price of $300, I sad wait and told them to cancell the order. There immdiate response was they would give me add ons for free, but I'd had enough. There was no mention of cancellation charges. I returned there email with a confirmation of cancellation and there was a reply that it was undelivered to this site. I'll take it up with my credit card company if I see charges. I strongly agree: These people are a rip off!!!

(This company is a rip-off merchant. They advertised the camera at $317. Cameraddict.com then sent me an email asking me to contact them. When I phoned they said that it was an wholesale camera with a disposable 15 minute battery and that this Olympus camera did not come with a warranty. However, if I paid $70 more they would ship a consumer camera which had a rechargeable battery and a 1 year olympus warranty. I told them to cancel the order then them said it would be a $30 charge for cancellation even though the order was not processed or shipped. What a scam. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE.)

• To
      17th of Sep, 2008

I just got off the phone with this company, its now September 17, 2008. They did same to me with Canon XSi for $409. They asked me to call to verify, and then they wanted to know if I wanted a "Japanese or US made camera", I live in the US. Then they asked me if I wanted a better battery that lasts more than 15 minutes. Yesterday, when I first called to check if they had cameras in stock, their voice mail said to "please hold, your call is important to us", then it hung up on me. Then second call got me through the sales department, I spoke to a salesman who answered a question for me, and then hung up on me.

When I tried to write to them two emails, support@cameraddict.com and info@cameraddict.com, both emails were returned as undeliverable.

Today, when I called, I got some fast talking salesman who could not transfer me to customer service to complain, I had to call back again.

I finally got through to customer service, 20 minutes after three attempts, and got a supervisor, Todd Patterson, who offered to listen to my complaints, but when I started telling him that I am reading as I speak with him about their past reputation, he became very defensive and interruptive. I told him about my problems with their sales department and being hung up on and that my emails were returned undeliverable, and all he would do was defend and lay the burden of misunderstanding on ME. He told me they were international company and people do ask for Japanese cameras. I asked him why would he think if I live in the US and he represents a US company, would I want a Japanese made camera with instructions and setup features in Japanese. He had an answer for everything!!!

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE CON ARTISTS, THEY WILL DO WHAT THEY CAN TO NOT ONLY GIVE YOU SUBSTANDARD SERVICE, BUT WILL DO WHAT THEY CAN TO RIP YOU OFF!