www.bj-trade.com / access of my address book

Austria Review updated:
4.7

I am in Vienna and was currently using the wireless connection provided by the hotel, I was on my yahoo messenger and someone hacked by address. Please stop this company to do it immediately

More www.bj-trade.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Jj
  24th of Oct, 2008
My Yahoo mail account was hacked and all my contacts were lifted or erased, as they are now all missing.

This happened right after this show up in my mailbox, looking as if it originated from my mail box:

"Hi,
i would like to introduce a good company who trades mainly in electornic products.
Now the company is under sales promotion, all the products are sold nearly at its cost.
They provide the best service to customers, they provide you with original products of
good quality, and what is more, the price is a surprising happiness to you!
It is realy a good chance for shopping.just grasp the opportunity, Now or never!
The web address: www.bj-trade.com "

This is criminal!
Lo
  27th of Oct, 2008
Same thing happened to me...this is fraud...
La
  28th of Oct, 2008
The same thing happened to me! It was sent to everyone on my mailing list. Chances are it's not a real company and may be a virus website. I have not logged into the account that sent the email.
Al
  28th of Oct, 2008
It just happened to me. What can be done about it? How was it accessed? Does this mean someone has my password?
Mf
  29th of Oct, 2008
Same thing happened to me - in my business e-mail acct. I finally got my address book restored. Does anyone know how they got access?
Ke
  5th of Nov, 2008
This happened to me TWICE...and I don't open foreign emails! Mf Ryan, how did you get your address book restored?
Ma
  7th of Nov, 2008
The same thing has happened with me, , , this mail message was sent to all the contacts in my contact book.can anybody help me with this so that it is not repeated in future.
Om
  8th of Nov, 2008
I am not happy with this, that its happend many time my contact list has hacked by the company,

Its so unright attitude.

Omy engineer
  10th of Nov, 2008
This also happened to me last Staurday 8/11/08. Does any one know if it is a virus and are all my contact address effected?
An
  15th of Nov, 2008
Ok - has anyone worked out if its a virus or yahoo compromised.

My email came from my yahoo account.
Je
  25th of Nov, 2008
Glad to know I am not alone. They just hacked my account and sent their garbage to all of my contacts. My own email addresses were in the list that was sent, and I was able to reply-all and add most of my contacts back. This sucks.
Al
  26th of Nov, 2008
They hacked my hotmail and my personal webmail. The only email they didn't hack was yahoo. I'd love to know how they did this and how to prevent it. guh.
Au
  28th of Nov, 2008
Same thing happened to me yesterday. Can someone in the government press charges against the culprits?
Fe
  29th of Nov, 2008
I just had the same thing happen to me from my hotmail account.
My hotmail contacts are gone and it was sent to everyone in my list, and shown to each other in the cc line.

I hadn't even opened the account today or sent any email from it in days.
Tw
  4th of Dec, 2008
This happened to me this morning also. My contacts are all still there and there doesn't appear to be a problem...but who knows!? STOP these people!!
Je
  11th of Dec, 2008
Hi, same thing happened to me with my hotmail account, it's not a virus site but definitely its fraud. You can really order a product, they will tell you they only accept bank transfers, after two weeks (and lots of your complaints) theyll let you know about a problem at customs, and that if you want to release your product you should send the 48% of the product value plus shipping but they won't guarantee anything. Aware all your contacts.

PS sorry about my English, Im from Mexico
Me
  16th of Dec, 2008
This happened to me too. Some how my Hotmail was gotten into and an email saying I was selling something was sent to every one of my contacts. I didn't loose my address book but I'm pretty embarrased as I hate mass emails and forwards. I emailed all of my contacts (blind copy of course) and let them know not to open this message and that I am not affliated with this company. How are these people doing this? They should be stopped. I changed my password just in case they had access to it some sort of way.
Lm
  12th of Jan, 2009
I have just suffered this ignominy of this bj-trade criminal outfit hacking into my address, and sending an e-mail to everyone in my address book. This is outrightly criminal, disgusting and enough to make one decompose in embarrassment, anguish and revulsion. This should not happen to anyone, anywhere. I changed my password, and used the option that allows the password to be changed every 72 days. It is all sickening; and a form of terrorism. These idiots should be skinned alive!
PS/ Read Misha Glenny's 'McMafia'; and you'll get to know how these cyber gangsters operate.
Ti
  20th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
A Possible Cause:

Try to remember something you may have registered for lately, could be a shopping site, blog site, news stream site, heck, this site. The truth is they may not have technically "hacked" your e-mail account at all. They may have hacked a less secure site that requires its users to register using their e-mail address as their username. For instance, if you shop at Amazon.com (and this is just an example I'm not saying Amazon has been compromised) one thing you can do there is save all of your shopping information so that next time you shop, you can just log-in, choose what you want, and check-out without having to necessarily enter all your shipping and payment information. Instead of using a catchy name like Tigger123, you use your e-mail address as your log-in name. Naturally it wants you to enter a password.

Surprisingly, a large majority of people, when they use their e-mail address as a log-in user-name for another site, give that site the SAME password as the actual e-mail account. So if a hacker finds a very insecure easy to hack blog site or something, and gather a bunch of e-mail usernames and their passwords, they will just go to the e-mails site and see if that e-mail address and password work on those sites too. For instance if I use my e-mail address as my log-in, and that e-mail address can be a yahoo, hotmail, whatever, so lets say 1234@yahoo.com, well then that site gets hacked. They will just go to yahoo mail page, enter the e-mail and password, and just see if it works, if it doesn't they move on to another e-mail address. This is why you see some people saying my yahoo, my work, my gmail, etc. They didn't start by hacking your e-mail account, they found another site to hack where you happen to use your e-mail address as your log-in, and you use the same password for that site that you do for e-mail.

I know it sucks to have a million different passwords and to change them all the time but one thing you should always do is use one password for your e-mail account, and another password for anything else you sign up or register for, even if you have to use your e-mail address as your log-in (some sites require that and won't let you choose a random name).

You'll want another password for your social sites like Facebook, Twitter and Myspace. You should have completely separate passwords, long difficult ones for anything financial related. Finally you should have another password for random sites where you don't really care if someone ever hacks that site or that company shuts down and their servers end up in who knows hands.

Anytime you think your e-mail account may have been hacked, log-in and change the password as quickly as you can. One user above mentioned having their own e-mail address in their address book. That is a great idea to help warn you of potentially being hacked. Often times these hackers do not want to change your password and take over the e-mail account because then you become alerted to their using your contacts for their ill intentions.

If you can keep up with it, change your passwords often!

As for your address books, you may have to contact a computer professional to see if it can be restored or the e-mail provider, but in most cases, they are gone, sorry. See if someone that a fishy e-mail got sent to can just copy and past the e-mail addresses from the top of the e-mail and send them back to you. You'll have to manually re-enter all of them, but you at least have them.

I hope this helps :-)
Se
  4th of Mar, 2009
I'd just like to say I thought 'Tigger's post was excellent. Thanks very much.