www.bestDVDseries.com / fraud, misrepresentation

Another crook from outside the U.S. advertising complete and uncut collections of episodes of popular television series for sale. Ordered Bonanza" and "The High Chaparral" -- both came with episodes containing the logos of the TV stations they were recorded off the air from: TV LAND, HALLMARK channels. Epsodes were NOT uncut and were of inferior quality, and some even contained promos for other shows on TV LAND and HALLMARK! Do NOT buy any complete episode box sets unless from the major, familiar studios like NBC Universal, Paramount, Warner Bros., Twentieth Century Fox, MGM UA, etc.

www.bestDVDseries.com
www.bestDVDseries.com

Comments

• Jm
      25th of Feb, 2009

Similar problem. Purchased the Barney Miller Series. Several disks have no video at all or jump around. Most appear to work but video quality is VERY POOR. Not at all as represented. Had misgivings from the very beginning when numerous e-mails were never returned. My bank advised I close the card I used and get a new account number to prevent future fraudulent use of the number. I did. Its funny, when I e-mailed bestdvdseries customer service that I had done this and the charge was going to be reversed ... they e-mailed back immediately asking me not to and they would replace defective disks. Not worth the trouble and I do not feel safe working with them. I advised them that if they send me a PREPAID return carton I would send the items back. I am not about to pay to return this garbage out of my own pocket. Not to mention that these offerings are not legal. I was not aware at the time but the true Barney Miller series has only officially released two seasons so far. This guy is a thief all around !!!

• Se
      2nd of Mar, 2009

I experienced the same problem with these people. I ordered the complete series of Dynasty and was very disappointed to find out:
    1- The order was shipped from China
    2- When I received the order one of the boxes was damaged
    3- The product advertised on the website is not what I actually received. These are recorded episodes of a TV channel called SOAP
    4- Some of the CD's are defective
    5- The video and sound quality is terrible.
    6- These are not genuine and legal copies of the TV Series.

Thank God I didn't order more stuff at the time!!!

• To
      4th of Mar, 2009

SNAP !
    The same problem with the Dynasty series.
    I have been in contact with the company & a Julian replied asking for the details & promised to reply. He never did. An investigation with our credit card company is being carried out & also another company linked with this bunch of ars*holes is selling on AMAZON. AMAXON are investagating this & will remove the seller.
    This company has been informed that my radio station IS putting their Logo on our DODGEY WEB SITE COMPANY Page & I have invited them to sue me. BRING IT ON BEST DVD SERIES .COM

Tony Howard
    Hithouse Radio Group

• Ar
      19th of Apr, 2009

Hello,
    I feel sorry for the above complainers.
    You should simply use common sense before buying anything from unknown firms on the internet.
    Especially when something sounds TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

Now, I have something interesting for you.
    Did you notice, dear friends, that the Complaints Board webside advertises the company that scamed you?
    Yes! And this ad is on this page! Go up and look at the top of this page:

High Chaparral on DVD
    All 4 Seasons - Complete TV Series. 25 DVD's - Liquidation Sale 75% OFF
    www.TvDVDBoxSets.com

The company that scamed you simply changed its name from "www.bestdvdseries.com" into "www.TvDVDBoxSets.com".
    Please, examine both websides. The layout of their pages is the same. The offers and the prices are the same too.

Again, it is ridiculous that the Complaints Board webside gets money from advertising scamers.
    Strange world.

Artur Alfred from Vancouver, Canada
    artur2002alfred@yahoo.com

• Va
      4th of May, 2009

Yes - same here I ordered the complete Walker Texas Ranger set, the product that arrived was in a VHS cassette case and there were no inserts, the DVD's were just thrown into the box. The DVD's are of very poor quality and have been recorded from an American TV Station (the logo is still there!), most of the supplied 55 DVDs don't even play properly - skipping freezing etc, it is interesting to note the following disclaimer from the companies website:-

"It is understood by the customer that some of the DVDs sold by TV BOX SETS have been individually compiled from original film stock and public domain wholesaler sources. These sources have an inconsistent level of preservation associated with them. In accordance the playback experienced may vary from movie to movie on any DVD collection purchased. Every effort has been given to maintain true DVD quality, but the customer understands and accepts that some level of imperfection is present in each film and that level of imperfection can vary significantly between films. This means the customer accepts that their may be "pauses" or "skips" present in the playback of any given film. We have made every effort to keep errors to a minimum, but they may still exist. The customer accepts this as part of their set, and as part of owning films directly converted from original film stock."

In other words they mean that they are openly admitting copying the Films / series onto DVD and that they don't bother to check quality properly so it is likely that your new DVD's won't even play.

I can't stress this enough - NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE FRAUDSTERS.

14th of May, 2009

I was done by www.dvdboxsets.com. Spent $100AU on a Spin City box set.
    So dodgy! Does anyone have an address for where their items came from.
    I called my bank to issue a chargeback, but I need proof I sent the item back, but I dont have an address or the packaging it came in.

• Ks
      1st of Jun, 2009

I ordered a box set of Sue Thomas F B Eye DVDs. When they eventually arrived from china the DVD was stored in wallets and looked as if the cover looked as if it had been printed at home and were in one of the old video box. The programme was taped from Indepentant television and was obliviously recorded around thanksgiving and Christmas time. The audio and picture was poor, certainly not the "excellent audio quality" that was advertised. After sending several emails I eventually got a reply giving me two choices, one of them was giving me full refund and would supply the shipping address. I have requested a prepaid packet to do this. I await there reply.

• Ly
      17th of Feb, 2010

I JUST PURCHASED THE COMPLETE 8 SEASON OF RAWHIDE FROM THE AMAZON .COM WEBSITE ..IT IS THE WORST SET OF DVDS I'VE EVER TRIED TO WATCH.MOST OF THEM CUT YOU OFF IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STORY..I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW I CAN GET MY HUNDRED DOLLARS BACK???
    GONZALES FROM WASHINGTON STATE...

• Mi
      26th of May, 2010

same here i orderd the entier 7th Heaven and i received dvd all looking the same and ther were numbered so i don't know what season i am putting on. I tried going to the web site but they are no longer there can we complain to anyone ?

• Mi
      28th of May, 2010

my disks skip so i can't wait them properly without interfearence they are a piece of gargabe there goes money down the drain

• Wi
      17th of Jun, 2010

There should be stricter laws governing what these people sell. Also very harsh sentencing. It seems we've all been victims.
    I purchased a complete series of Rawhide, not very professionally packaged. Hand numbered dvds dumped into 2 deep dvd cases. Some episodes have hardly any sound, bits cut out, they jump. Some have been recorded off tv with a presenter showing up halfway through.
    Hanging would be tooooooo good for these jerks!

• La
      29th of Jun, 2010

...well, I'm screwed. Last week I found the web site www.tvdvdtown.com, did a quick google search to verify they were not scammers. Found nothing under the domain name www.tvdvdtown.com, so I made an order. Today I noticed they charged my credit card using the name DVDBOXSETS. So heads up, they're using different domain names. Bummer. Can't wait to see the quality of these DVD's!

• St
      25th of Jul, 2010

You people think thats bad? I live near a stupid asian mall and other smaller asian malls and im from Canada. Guess what? They sell these bootleg dvds and the cops come in and fine them but make no arrests and a few days later they're back to selling the dvds.

In the past i did purchase some dvd sets and lets say 90% are in 100% english and with no disc covers but the dvd case of course has a cover. I purchased the whole sopranos dvd set from this one asian mall and there was no menu just chinese writing and the only english was words like Season 1, Season 2 and so on. So i had to figure out what episode i was watching. Plus the dvd quality was soooooooooo crisp and faulty that when anyone moved it was like you were trembling trying to focus on the video.

I dont and will never make the same mistake again and purchase these false dvd sets. In the past i've purchase tv shows from people on ebay only cause these shows do not have official dvd releases and trust me i checked. Of course the dvds werent labeled and no dvd case cover was there and on top of that the quality is as if your watching tv with some bad cable as there were plenty of small dots all over the screen. I guess the person didnt have digital cable when recording this?

Anyways my whole point is dont ever think your getting an amazing deal or amazing quality cause these dumb chinese people are ripping off the other races of their money and they say chinese people are smart well more like smart as a criminal. I have nothing against chinese except for the fact they're the new underground criminals who keep on making bootleg dvds and never ever get thrown into jail.

3rd of Aug, 2010

I ordered Are you afraid of the dark and Goosebumps complete series and there was supposed to be 94 episodes of Are you afraid of the dark and I got 30 episodes. Goosebumps all of the episodes didn't work and they had recorded it off fox kids.when I complained about are you Afraid of the dark someone emailed me and said that was all the episodes they had in the factory. I wasted 110 dollars on what I thought would be a great gift for my daughters birthday.

• Ju
      9th of Aug, 2010

I agree with all of the comments by these other purchasers. I paid $150 US for what I thought would be the entire collection of the TV series "Chicago Hope." What I got was JUNK! The stuff came from China. It was recorded from the Discovery Health channel. Many of the DVDs were corrputed, repeated or simply would not play in my DVD.

IF ANYONE OUT THERE IS THINKING ABOUT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS FRAUDULENT OUTFIT, PLEASE DON'T. ALL YOU WILL BE DOING IS THROWING YOUR $$$ AWAY AND RECEIVING USELESS JUNK!!!.

P.S. These DVDs are abviously bootlegged. Isn't there anything someone can do about this company?

• Ju
      9th of Aug, 2010

What is the use of posting negative comments here. Obviously, NOTHING is being done to protect the consumer. How about putting these jokers out of business?!

• Aj
      29th of Dec, 2010

wholesaletvboxsets.com and thegoodolddaystv.com. They look the same and are the same site all be it with a few changes. One is advertised on this site and the other is an address were I purchased Sliders the almost completely corrupted series.

• Gu
      30th of Dec, 2010

I Request An Order-The Item Matlock Complete DVD Serie And They Refuse To Communicate With Me Through The Phones, Because I Keep Receiving The Same Answer Through E_Mail. They Alreadey Charge For The Price Of This Item. It;s Been Already A Month And I Don't Get My Items. What Can Be Done To Stop This Type Of People And Their Fraud Business. They Refuse To Answer You Through Phones. Please Be Alert About BestDVSSerie. Its A Fraud.

• Wi
      5th of Jan, 2011

Wow...feeling sentimental from memories of watching High Chaparral as a pre-adolescent with my entire family, I was actually considering sending off for the DVD series to TVDVDStore. And I would have impulsively purchased the series on the spot, except for this shyster business requiring registration, log-in, etc. plus the fact they did not offer PayPal. Thank goodness I googled "is the TVDVD Store a legitimate business" which led me to this site. Thanks for posting; despite being angry at being duped, you were thoughtful to think of others and I very much appreciate your efforts...thank you!!

• Wo
      19th of Jan, 2011
    bestdvdseries - Defective product
    Bestdvdseries
    Maine

The discs were defective and I was unable to play them. When I called the number my credit card had as a contact the person I spoke to was rude and obnoxious from our first contact. I have the number and will share it 818-483-4949.