www.anytime-movies.com / Their trial is fake and they took money for it

1 Review updated:

Stay away from the website www.anytime-movies.com. I signed up for their 5 days free trial on the website. They provided the code, which I entered, but there were only few movies, which it was possible to watch. You needed to pay for other movies. I decided to cancel my trial, but the rep didn’t reply. As well as these ### started to take money from me. I have no idea how to stop them, so please maybe someone can help me. Post comments about it.

Al
Dec 05, 2014

More www.anytime-movies.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Su
      Dec 22, 2014

I had the same experience - I wanted to watch a movie and with great misgivings (fully justified as it turns out) I gave my credit card number. The website said I would not be charged. There were very few movies to see, and not the one I wanted so I found another website. Six days later a charge showed up on my credit card. I've tried calling a phone number registered to them and it's invalid. This is a scam.

• Aa
      Dec 25, 2014

I agree, they took almost 100$ out of my bank account for no reason and I couldn't even log on to the account that I sign up.

• Am
      Jan 07, 2015

I would also like to know how to cancel as anytime movies has be deducting money from my account after a free trial. I don't know how to cancel

• Ol
      Jan 15, 2015

Just looks like we are the unlucky ones really. Annoying cuz you can't get the money back

• Lo
      Jan 15, 2015

you just have to go to your bank and tell them

Jan 20, 2015

the same thing happened to me, they are taking money from my account every month!!what shall i do!????!

Jan 20, 2015

Aaron, they've took from my account 180 euros until now!

• Ni
      Jan 22, 2015

I emailed them complaining about the money they had taken and said with the amount of complaints I have been reading about the website and over charging other people, I threatened to take them to court. They have emailed back cancelled my account and said they would issue me a refund.

Jan 22, 2015

yes!!! exactly the same happening with me and i would really take them to court, not only threaten!
    they again took money today and this is not handy anymore!
    they said account cancelled and they'd refund but they are still charging, unfortunately.

• Ha
      Jan 26, 2015

I'm having the same problem but don't have an email address for them. Please can someone publish their contact info?

• St
      Jan 27, 2015

The same thing happened to my son who is disabled. They have already stolen $160.00 from his account. He lives on a fixed income. We have e-mailed them and have yet to receive a reply. I have cancelled his debit card and notified the bank. I would love to have an e-mail address for them so I can tell them what I think of their deceptive practices. Doubt if he will ever get his money back. Dealing with ### like this makes me so mad and frustrated. How can they sleep at night after taking advantage of the public like this ??.

• Mi
      Feb 04, 2015

[protected]@anytime-movies.com
    this seems to be their email address.

Feb 06, 2015

Thanks for posting the email address - I've had the same thing happen to me. Will see if it's possible to cancel and get a refund. I doubt it but worth a try.

• Gt
      Feb 07, 2015

I had a very similar problem and I know how you can get your money back (I'm currently in the process of get my money back) what you need to do is call your bank and tell them that you noticed some charges to your account and you have reason to believe that its frud. They should be able to transfer you to the depute department where you can explain everything that happened, and based on your situations they can make the charges "disappear" and return the money back into your account. It will take a while to get your money as they will have to do some investigation into the "company" but you will get the money they took from you back and any-timemovies will get reported by the dispute department. Hope that helps you out.

• Gi
      Feb 13, 2015

Exactly the same happening with me. They again took money today and this is not handy anymore. They said account cancelled and they'd refund but they are still charging, unfortunately.

• Co
      Feb 13, 2015

DO NOT USE THIS SITE- cannot unsubscribe after signing up. Support for the website is useless. Call your credit card now and cancel it!!

• Br
      Mar 12, 2015

I foolishly gave my charge card number to Anytime Movies but then did not make use of it. After a few months, I noticed a $39.95 charge on my credit card, which I had NOT authorized and had NOT been alerted to, for "anytime movies." I had never even once made any use of it nor had I been notified or contacted by them. Looking back through my credit card bills showed me that the company (East Sussex, GB -- Great Britain?) had been charging me each month for some time!

I called their billing company and they were unable to help me except with contact information AND the fact that "anytime movies" has a NO REFUNDS clause in their policy. I of course cancelled my credit card and am now much wiser and more self-protective.

Thanks to those of you who posted your similar experiences; at least I know I am not the only one they ripped off !!!

• Da
      Sep 11, 2015

Hi guys

I joined up to this trial today with the intention of cancelling it straight away, I just wanted to see what films they had on offer (not a good selection) and couldn't figure out how to cancel. I stumbled across this page and panicked thinking they would charge me ect but then trawled through their terms and conditions and found a bit about cancelling your membership. They try to convince you to phone them to do it but at the bottom hidden away was a link to where you can cancel. https://anytime-movies.com/support/ just follow that link and click on the cancel membership button. You have to put in your email, last four digits of the card you signed up with and your three digits from the back of your card. It says my membership is now cancelled and won't be billed again which I've screenshotted for proof but I'm gonna be keeping a close eye on my bank account just in case.