www.adattatore-portatile.com / Deceiving info about delivery times on website

Apr 29, 2015
I bought an original charger for my Samsung laptop on www.adattatore-portatile.com, because I needed it quite urgently I thought that if I bought it on an Italian website it would get delivered quicker than if coming from abroad. I ended up on this bogus website and found the charger I needed for a very good price (31 euros), no delivery charges and the shipping instructions on the webite actually pointed out that items purchased were either shipped off directly from the seller's warehouse on the day of purchase or within 2 working days if not available. Delivery time would be approx 7-10 working days. After over a week waiting for the delivery to arrive I filled out the request information form on the seller's website and I got a badly written reply in English from their customer service team advising that the item had been shipped already and was on its way. When I realized that they had replied in Chinglish rather than in Italian I became very suspicious and asked them if they were actually based in China. When I got an affirmative reply I asked them where it was stated on their website that the company was based in China: no reply. I sent another email and asked when approximately the item would get delivered. I was given a tracking number to use on a global tracking website and was told that the item had been shipped from the seller's warehouse in Singapore and that it would reach Italy in approx 15-20 days. When I asked the customer service team where it was stated on their website that deliveries are shipped off East Asian countries and that they would take 15-20 days to reach Europe I received no reply. Afterwards I emailed them every single day to track down the delivery, which eventually arrived 18 working days after the purchase. The item is actually ok, but I really can't tolerate that this seller pretends to be based in Italy, provides incorrect and deceiving information about delivery times on their website, provides not VAT registration number for the company, no address, no phone number and when asked on different occasions how to go about a full refund it pretends not to have received the email. I am going to ask PayPal to remove this seller from the list of their trusted clients, If you browse the Internet you can find lots of complaints about these Chinese bogus companies using minilaptopaccessories@gmail.com as the email address linked to their PayPal account, apparently people have asked PayPal already to do something, but to no avail.