www. Myfitnessmentor.com / unauthorized credit card charges

1 UT, United States

I was recently duped by the very deceptive "free CD offer" at www.grantwritingexpress.com (lots of complaints about these guys, and they all tell the same story). After cancelling the "membership" that I never intended to sign up for in the first place, I hoped that the charges to my card ($74.95) would stop ...

But yesterday, I spotted another charge on my card (for $29.99) from this website: www.myfitnessmentor.com
I have NEVER visited this site prior to getting charged, so there was no LEGAL way for them to get my credit card info. They had to have gotten it from a similar online scammer. After trawling the web for info, I found a number of complaints that listed BOTH sites as well as a site called www.myfitness.com and bogus gaming sites.

Both sites have a similar MO, in terms of being impossible to contact (every time you call you will get a busy signal. If you're really lucky, you'll get a voice mail system that will disconnect if you're persistent enough to stay on hold).

I strongly believe that these two sites are connected, and encourage anyone who has had a similar experience to monitor the charges on their credit cards very closely, and to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Comission. It's easy, and you can complete the form online:

Dr