Wu Yi MBM&F Wuyi-Power Tea / Scam

1 Riverton, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-544-6590

I ordered a trial of Wu Yi Power Tea and was told I would only be charged shipping and handling. I did not receive the product until weeks later and by then I noticed two charges on my credit card totalling 46.41.

I have tried to call to cancel anymore product and can never get through to them.

Comments

Ja
  3rd of Nov, 2008

I have been wrongly charged 2 months in a row, $ 37.13 and $74.24 the second month without my even ordering anything but the trial size for the cost of shipping and handling! I am attempting to return the merchandise unopenned and having Discover investigate them. Considering writing Oprah also as she has promoted their product. Any suggestions? The number for WuYi is 800-919-2846, keep calling til you get them if this happens to you and don't open the unordered product so you can return to sender.

Co
  5th of Nov, 2008

I am in PEI Canada...and the ONLY reason I ordered this s*** was because it was affiliated withOprah. I too ordered the trial..shipping and handling only. I recieved one jar. Today i received another one..i checked my credit card and see that I have been charged $67 twice in the month of october alone. I would never have put my credit card number out there except that i thought it was legit through opran...i am pissed.

Ci
  8th of Nov, 2008

This is a scam. I tried this product on a link associated with Oprah. I have been charge $67 twice in one month. (twice) for nearly $300 Lesson learned.

De
  8th of Nov, 2008

I too have been incorrectly charge. I was told I would only pay for the shipping at $6.95 to Canada. I received a phone call from the company asking if I want to take part in their special $800.00 worth of free gifts and I told them "No. I only want the trail sample." I now have a $68.17, a $67.59 and was told by VISA that I have a $74.00 charge coming on my November statement. Best advice if you are in this fix, cancel your credit card and have VISA dispute the charges. It takes up to 4 weeks, but the interest is suspended over that time. VISA told me that the company is WELL KNOWN to them. What gets me is I always check out scams, but because it was linked to Oprah, I never checked! They even have her picture on the website.

St
  10th of Nov, 2008

Same here. I got the call and told them I only wanted my free sample and NOTHING ELSE. I just received a second shipment and noticed a charge of $69.87 on my credit card. This is a total SCAM!

Be
  18th of Nov, 2008

I agree> I am on the phone as I type trying to reach someone. I too have had a charge last month for 69.30 and I called them and had it reversed and this month I have a credit of 70.18 and a new charge of 66.80 again. I am royally ticked and I also only ordered because of the reference to Oprah. I will not do this again. This is a scam, surely some organization out there can shut them down.

Pa
  26th of Nov, 2008

I too have been scammed by this fraudulent company. The free trial never arrived and instead I have been getting monthly shipments charged to my cc and tons of harrassing phone calls for ridiculous services/products. The phone # is bogus and there is no identifying info on the packages other than: MBM&FWuYi, P.O. Box 2003, Riverton, UT 84065-2003...on invoice, no order #, etc. How do I get this to stop??? I have not been able to reach them, calling other Wu-Yi companies in desperation for help...

Sh
  10th of Dec, 2008

I am on hold to the 800 number as we speak. So far, it has been 20 minutes. Thank goodness for a speaker phone! I was also charged, $69.87 on my VISA after receiving the free trial. No Invoice, No Customer ID number, I have e-mailed a complaint to: wuyipixie@verifyyourorder.com, as suggested on their voice mail while on hold. If I have to hang up, I will call my VISA company and dispute the charges. I wish I had check this out before ordering!

Sh
  10th of Dec, 2008

I finally got through after 25 minutes on hold. Be sure you tell them to refund your money by crediting your account and then tell them you want to cancel your membership and DO NOT want to recieve ANY more products. The customer service person gave me a refund number and a cancellation number separately. we will see if this works!

Th
  11th of Dec, 2008

I did the same thing all of you have done. I have been trying to reach someone regarding this matter and have had no luck for several months. Does anyone have a number?, because I keep getting nowhere. I haven't opened the stuff, can you send it back and have your account credited? I desperately need help, can anyone help or point me in the right direction. LESSON LEARNED

Ma
  16th of Mar, 2009

Same complaint as everyone else, £109.00 in total taken out of my account. I am terrified of them clearing out my account.