WR Performance Health / Unauthorized use of credit card

UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-289-8740
I requested the free trial size of Pure Acai Berries for $4.95. I was then sent another shipment and charged $74.95, and I did not authorize them to bill my Credit Card. I called and canceled everything. I told them I didn't want anything else at all on 8-8-08. I then receive another charge for $5.95, that I did not authorize. When I called them back they said this was for the newsletter not the pills. They said I canceled the pills but not the newsletter. I told them everything means everything. How can they charge you for something on 8-27-08, when you canceled on 8-8-08. They said they were not authorized to give refunds. I was told to send the unauthorized shipment back and they would give me a credit. I did that and still have not gotten my credit. I want my money back and would like to know who to have my Lawyer contact on this matter. I called and tried to leave a message and the recording said that voice mail was full and I could not leave a message. What kind of business is this? On top of everything else, the trial size didn't do anything for me. This is just a scam to con people out of there money. I guess honesty is a thing of the past.
De

Comments

Ci
  9th of Sep, 2008
I agree with you this is a scam. I was charged the full amount for the product that was auto shipped but I never received it and then I was charged for a separate shipping charge. This will teach me to may more attention to these trial periods and the fact that there is an auto renewal.
Jo
  11th of Sep, 2008
I wish there was a way that we could notify others of this SCAM. I'm calling the Better Business Bureau to see what I can find out. Fortunately, my bank is disputing the claim for me and I got credit back through them. It's not technically a Free Trial if you don't even get to try the product for a week before they charge you. If you google ACAI Berry, there are many reputable companies that actually sell it for a lot less. Like the saying goes, nothing is really free is it? Good luck.
Dl
  11th of Sep, 2008
The Exact thing happened to me, too. Chase, my credit card co. is taking the charge off my credit card.
Ph
  12th of Sep, 2008
Same thing has happened to me. So far I have been charged $74.95 for two deliveries, which I did not authorize and 5.95 for a health newsletter which I never recieved. My bank has also taken charges off my account however they may be put back on if the company fights this. I was told the second line of the free trial statement says, if not canceled within 30 days additional orders will be sent. SOMEBODY HELP!!!
Sh
  16th of Sep, 2008
You have just told MY story. the 74 95 over drew my acct. and resulted in charges 35.00 x 2 . the 2nd charge was for not noticing the first. and covering it . -----Then the 5.95 charge, --- ( I didn't know what that was for, until I read this page ) any way this all arrived at one of the most difficult times I have had in a long time. O well, its a good thing I believe in miracles
Na
  19th of Sep, 2008

WR Performance Health - Unaurthoritized charges on debit card
WR PERFORMANCE HEALTH
Colorado
Phone: 888-289-8740

Charged my debit card $74. 76 without permission. Also they are unreachable with the phone number they provide. After leaving one voice message and getting no return call, i called several times and the voice mailbox is always full, therefore it is impossible to leave another message. I have been trying to contact this company for one week. Also the website they refer you to is under construction.
Ka
  22nd of Sep, 2008
After filing a complaint with my credit card company,
as I was charged twice and refused the product once, I
did some further investigating. Under the terms and
conditions, which you have to click on to read, ( and
who does? ), it explains how to cancel further shipments.
Go to: http://pureacaiberries.com/contact.php?cmd=unsubscribe_form Your name should be removed
within 72 hours after cancelling. I hope this helps with
future shipments. I contested the charges on my other
credit card statement because I refused the packages.
They are very tricky. If you go to www.pureacieberries.com
where you probably ordered the sample and click on
terms and conditions at the bottom it explains your
enrollement and how to get out. They are very tricky.
Good Luck.
Ma
  23rd of Sep, 2008
I got caught in this one, too, and they do not intend to refund to my bank account. I don't know where to go from here.
To
  24th of Sep, 2008
Used my Credit card without authorization
Je
  27th of Sep, 2008
I had the same experience, finally got a credit after calling and leaving several messages. Now I see they are charging me $5.95 every month for no reason - can't find the phone number. Do you have it? thanks
Ca
  2nd of Oct, 2008
THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY IS IN THE PROCESS OF DOING A INVESTIGATION.

HOPE THEY GET THESE SCAMMERS. WHEN YOU CALL THEM, THEY GIVE YOU A WEB SITE CALLED
WWW.GO HELPNOW.COM, WHICH DOESN'T GET YOU ANYWHERE.
Pa
  8th of Oct, 2008
Ordered the sample product and now am getting monthly shipments. I do not want anymore and am unable to get anyone one the phone to talk to.
Ho
  8th of Oct, 2008
I HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF BY THESE PEOPLE. I RETURNED 2 BOTTLES OF THERE PRODUCT AND THEY DID NOT REFUND MY MONEY LIKE THEY PROMISED. EVERY TIME I CALL THEM THEY SAY THAT THEY CAN'T FIND ME IN THE SYSTEM. I AMVERY UPSET AND ANGREE. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. THEY TOOK 150.00 OF MY MONEY AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET IT BACK.
De
  10th of Oct, 2008
A total scam operation from the word GO. I even told my bank and they still keep charging me.
Gl
  13th of Oct, 2008
I did the free trial and purchased three items for a total of $13.61. In less than one month they debit my acct for 79.76 then 10 days later they debit my acct twice for a total of 59.52. I canceled the order and still they continue to debit my acct. I hope you get caught in this scam that you are doing to people. I will report you to the better business bureau for fraud. I hope you get caught and get what you deserve.
  15th of Oct, 2008
I too ordered the trial for 4.95 and had it charged to my credit card. In about three weeks the account was charged $74.95 and I received a bottle of 60 pills in the mail later in the week. I called and questioned the charge and they said they would look into it. The very next statement another charge of $74.95 and a few days later a $5.95 charge. I believe that charge was for shipping according to the other complaints. My credit card people are investigating all these charges. I have since cancelled that credit card and the company gave us a new card. This is the only wasy I know of to stop the charges from happening. I tried to no avail to reach them by phone but after holding for over 40 minutes I hung up. I do not have an address so if anyone knows how to get in touch with them please let me know.
Da
  12th of Nov, 2008
I have not ordered this product (34456861) for 74. 95. I want to be reimbursed that amount.
Di
  3rd of Jul, 2016

WR PRODUCT HEALTH - CHARGED FOR HOODIA I DID NOT ORDER
WR PRODUCT HEALTH
ULTIMATEHOODIA.COM

I was charged the following on my Orchard Bank credit card - I DID NOT ORDER and now I have been charged an overlimit fee $30 because it put me over my credit limit.

my name is Diana Holzhausen