WP Productions / Defective products

I bought a Wolfgang Puck food processor back in Dec. After only 3 months the motor wore out, even using it acc. to the owners manual. On 3/18 I called they took my info., verified my order, took $12.95 from my credit card for shipping, & instructed me to cut off the cord & mail it to their P.O. Box. I did so that same day.

After waiting several days, still no processor. I called again & reached the same guy. He said that they had not received cord & to give it a couple more days. After time passed I called for the 3rd. time. It took me a few tries to reach a human. Either the phone # was busy or was disconnected. Finally I reached Tina. She told me the same story I had gotten before that they had not received the cord, though I knew enough time had passed for any mail to have been received between South Carolina & Florida. I asked her when to call back & she said by Fri. it would have been received. She assured me that by Friday the cord would be received.

On that Friday I called again. I reached Tina & guess what, no cord. Again I had been mislead by WP Productions. Tina told me I needed to cut off the rest of the cord & mail it in again. This time I put a tracking on the envelope. I asked to speak to a supervisor & was told one would call me back. That evening I spoke with Sylvia. She instructed me to send a photo of the now cordless food process & e mail it to her. I did so & still have not heard back other than the usual form type email that goes out I'm sure to anyone who e mails them. My fifth call was on April 7th, 2010 & I spoke with Grant. He told me the order still has not been released, but they did receive my picture.

Finally, I received the replacement food processor base but it too is defective. I sent WP an email with a video clip of the replacement. It shows that the processor will not turn to process the contents in the bowl. You also can hear a terrible noise when it is on. I made WP aware of this and am waiting on their reply.

This is the worst customer service I have every experienced with a company. 1st. a quality product with the name of a super star chef should not quit working after three months of use. 2nd. the company used by this star chef should at least follow average customer service standards.

An

Comments

31st of Jan, 2012

I bought the wolfgang puck espresso maker, the first one lasted 2 weeks the second lasted 3 months. I called the company and after 6-8 weeks I got a refund of $349.00. The problem is that I paid a total of $395.00, and they refused to pay the tax portion of $45.00. I found that their customer service and their corporate department don't care the the customer is always right, and I explained this to them.

Because of this experience I will never buy wolfgang products again.

31st of Jan, 2012

I bought the wolfgang puck espresso maker, the first one lasted 2 weeks the second lasted 3 months. I called the company and informed them of this. First they said to take it somewhere to get it fixed and I asked them why as it was still under guarantee. Then they told me that they would send me a refund but I had to cut the cord and the label and mail it to them and it would take from 6-8 weeks to get a refund. I finally got a refund and did not receive a full amount of $395.00, instead I got a refund of $349.00. I called them up and they said that they don't send the tax refund. Why shouldn't they when I paid it. I also paid over $19.00 for shipping and handling of the cord. I should get a refund for this too for all the stress that they put me through. I contacted customer service and they said that corporate refuses to refund me the tax portion. I don't think that this is fair. They told me to send them a letter which I did.

I will never buy any wolfgang products again, I've learned my lesson