WOW Airdestroyed luggage

1 Review updated:

I traveled with wow air on may 3rd, 2017 to berlin schonefeld (Sxf) with a layover in keflavik (Kef). On may 5th, I boarded flight ww 720 from kef to sxf. When I arrived at sxf, my luggage was broken. It seems that the zipper was caught on something, and completely ripped off, leaving the contents of my bags exposed. Upon arrival, I looked for an agent at sxf. I immediately took a photograph at the baggage carousel, and tweeted at @wowairsupport. They responded by linking me to a form at luggage. Wowair.net with no other instructions. I then went to the luggage complaints department, and was told that there was no one from wow air that would be able to help me with my request. That evening, I filled out the form and was told that an agent would be in contact with me. Then, I received a second email saying, "at the airports should always be wow air representative or some employees at the arrival hall, it is not closed until all passengers are gone through. And then there are always some employees in the area, we're sorry that you have not been aware of them," and that if I didn't file a complaint at the airport, they couldn't be certain that the damage happened on their flight. This is troubling in several ways — first, they do not have the customer in mind when they make a mistake. They have language built in that absolves them of wrongdoing. Secondly, there was no one in the terminal that was able to help me, and I tried for a good 30 minutes to try and find someone at sxf. Thirdly, my photograph clearly shows my damaged luggage at the luggage carousel, and my image is timestamped within 30 minutes of when the plane landed. These indications should be taken into consideration. However, no one has responded to various emails trying to contact wow air, and it is now a week later. I fear that there will be no resolution to this complaint.

Ok
May 15, 2017

Comments

• It
      Jan 06, 2018

Had the same at SXF, and WowAir blamed me that I haven't opened a ticket at the airport, there was no one there to speak with, I have pictures 20m after landing that show my proof, they said it's my problem!

Feb 09, 2018

We had the same problems. One luggage was torn beyond repair and one luggage had the zipper completely open up. We reported these at the arrival hall in Amsterdam AMS and was told to send in an official complain at [protected]@wowair.net and someone will get back to us. This happen on the 19th December 2017. We reached Singapore and send the complain Ref. No.[protected] and [protected] and had since send another 5 follows up, the latest on the 8th of February 2018. And guess what? Up till today 9th February 2018, we had not received a single reply. WOW Air really sucks. Is this the type of service that they provides??? Their management should look into this problems. They are giving themselves and ICELAND a really BAD name. No response, No nothing!!!