Worship Empire / Non-delivery of item

1 Belfast, United Kingdom Review updated:

I paid £26 for a music book from Worship Empire which has still not arrived 8 weeks later.
I have sent emails to inquire about the order, but I have received no reply.
I suspect that the company is fraudulent and that it takes money for goods which it never delivers.
I paid them using PayPal, so I am going to complain to PayPal, though I doubt if I will get much satisfaction, judging by other comments here.
How can fraudsters get away with such a simple scam?

Le

More Worship Empire Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Al
      21st of Dec, 2008
    Worship Empire - Non recipt of goods.
    Worship Empie
    worshipempire.com

I ordered a digital photo frame which never arrived although the Paypal confirmation came through.

They have taken my money and I have not recieved the goods. I have sent several emails off and yet no response.

I orderd this for my Mum for Christmas.

• Ta
      14th of Jan, 2009

Hi,

You may well have some luck with Paypal. I paid twice for a camera lens (2 x 98.30 GBP, about 200 USD) from idigitech.com, part of Worship Empire's group of scam companies (under the heading of RSP Global LLC). I paid twice, both times using Paypal, once on a non-account transaction and once on my Paypal account (as I could still see the item showing in my Shopping Cart 24 hours after the first transaction). Very stupid, won't do that again!

After 10 days, and still no lens, I emailed idigitech and received a reply stating that they were having script problems with their website and that the transaction was being processed...no reply to further emails.

Still no parcel in the post after 28 days...I went straight to Paypal and filed a dispute online. However, it would only let me dispute the transaction on my Paypal account, not the first payment. A couple of emails from Paypal later and, hey presto! the money for this transaction was refunded back onto my credit card. Excellent work chaps at Paypal!

The next problem was getting a refund for the first, non-account transaction. I couldn't file a dispute online, so I rang them. They filed the dispute on my behalf. I'll find out tomorrow what the result is - whether they have sent the lens (extrordinarily unlikely) or whether the money will be refunded. At no time have they said that I wouldn't get a full refund, or even that this was a possibility.

In 10 years of regularly shopping online, this is the first time I've been caught out by a scammer. Paypal have actually done what they say they do and protected me financially when shopping online and despite feeling very foolish, I'm not out of pocket. I know other people have had different experiences but there's always a glimmer of hope!

Good luck!

• Ih
      16th of Jan, 2009

I ordered a song book for a Christmas gift. PayPal transferred funds to worship empire, but I never received the item. The worship empire domain has now expired.

I filed a complaint with PayPal. PayPal acknowledges the fraud, but won't do anything about it. It seems like PayPal should/could have been more proactive in identifying this fraud and terminating their account. Here's their response to me:

"After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the BuyerComplaint described below. We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any fundsfrom the seller's account."

Great.

23rd of Jan, 2009

You're lucky. I made a purchase from idigitech last month and filed a PayPal complaint last week. PayPal decided in my favor this week, but said that no funds could be recovered from the seller's account and that the matter was now closed. I emailed the company at the seller's address listed in the PayPal correspondence, but it was returned undeliverable today. I tried to get another address from the website, but idigitech.com is gone, and I'm out $55.