Worldwise Travel Las Vegas, Nevada / fraud

1 Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 702-257-1502

my mom gave these crooks 3, 500 dollars for assurances of vacations that never happened. She foolishly gave them access to her bank account and they debited the money.
SHE HAD TO CHANGE HER ACCOUNT NUMBER AS THEY TOOK MONEY OUT AGAIN.
This Agency works out of Las Vegas on hacienda ave in las Vegas, Nevada.

St

More Worldwise Travel Las Vegas, Nevada Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Dc
  9th of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I agree. They used high pressure telemarkerters to rip my brother off for $8000 with promises of highly discounted vacations and air fares that he could have gotten on line for less and not been out the $8000. Beware!!!

Sa
  23rd of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

this company has an excellent reputation and has been in business for 12 years. They have been awarded the Small Business Blue Ribbon Award by the US chamber of Commerce in 2007. The president of the company is a decorated business man with the ditinction of being business man fo the year in Washingon DC three different times. They guaranatee the satifaction of their customers afater they have taken the trips! I dont understand whay people choose to slander them they fullfill vacation requests to their customers 92% of the time.

Ir
  6th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

i use to work for worldwise on hacienda ave and i think they're just ###ing over there employees. not their customers. i mean i was selling four vactaions

1. to hawaii for six days and five night.
2. to the bahamas for five day and four night.
3. to can cun for four days and three nights.
4. to las vegas for three days and two night with a limo, dinner and show tickets
for 699$. That would cover all the hotel costs and the company would even offer too discount the airfare if people needed it.

sounds like a good deal to me. 18 days in four different beautiful resorts for one payment of $699.

PROBLEM was that the Openers that sold the deal to people would be told lies over and over again about their deal not going threw. i mean of course, it happens sometimes. not every deal goes threw. BUT, when it happens one after the other, over and over again. Someone is ###ing and ###ing people. i mean FIVE of my deals didn't go threw in a row! after that i just quit. what happens is the Closers take all the money and dont give the Openers any benefits or credit. SO ### worldwise. there just all just greedy back stabbers.

Sa
  8th of Jul, 2009

I just received a call from this company with the promise of four vacations for $698 but I was smart enough not to give them any information what so ever about my checking account or credit card information. I have already been ripped off with Imperial cruise lines to where I supposedly won a 3 day 2 night cruise to Naussa, Bahamas, which we took and had to take a tour of a time share property which made no sense since we paid for the hotel through them and they held the vouchers for the hotel until we toured their resort. I admit the Bahamas is very beautiful but the cruise was a rip off. the people promised us a cabin with a full size bed and this was our honeymoon. instead we were given a room with bunk beds, which they told us to get a room with a full size bed we had to pay another $349 which we did and only got the original price we paid back after writing letters to them and every better business and chamber of commerce in the area of the business. that still was $250 less than what we should have gotton back.

Mi
  21st of Jul, 2009

This same company Worldwisevacations.com called me yesterday 7/20/09 at Phone# 702-220-4951. The man introduced himself as Barrin Chandelor & told me he got my information from something I supposedly filled out on my honeymoon to Vegas. He offered 6days in Waikiki, Hw. 5days in Freeport, Bahamas, 4days in my choice of Cancun, Alcapolka, Miami or Orlando & 3 days in Las Vegas with 2 show tickets & a VIP Limo Tour all for the price of $698. Because I had already been to Vegas I was asking questions about what hotel we would stay at when booked. The man said he didn't know & he put AJ the manager on. AJ named off quite a few well known Hotels but he acted as if he was just guessing so I knew something wasn't right. They tried to force me to purchase the package that day saying it is a one time only deal, you must decide now & to give them my credit card info over the phone. He assured me they are not a scam because they are registered with the Merchant Cirle & BBB. As far as I can tell BBB does not have any info on them. Luckily my husband was not home so I told them they would have to call me back today because I discuss all financial decisions with my husband first. I am so glad I looked this up online. I am sorry for what has happened to you. It is very unfortunate, but atleast you are spreading the word so hopefully it doesn't happen to other people. This will be an interesting conversation when they call me back this afternoon!

Wo
  21st of Aug, 2009

Oh, don't even get me started!! Some loud and excited sounding guy from this company called my elderly aunt (who we have discovered is in the early stages of dementia) and told her she'd won a trip and got her to give her routing and checking account numbers over the phone! Now please keep in mind that she is so disabled from a stroke that she can barely take a trip across the livingroom let alone a trip to Aruba.

The family discovered that this dreadful company took money out of her account on at least three separate occasions in the amounts of $1, 499.00, $1, 900.00, and $2, 478.00. This is absolutely pathetic to prey on a vulnerable, elderly adult like that! The fraud department of her bank went to bat for her and was able to get the $2, 478.00 back for her, but unfortunately the other two debits from her account were too old by the time we'd discovered them. Then we had to go through the hassle of closing out her old account and issuing her a new one, etc. Shame on World Wise Travel!

Ho
  18th of May, 2010

This company just called me and when I said I wasn't interested the man on the line told me he didn't give a [censor]. I asked how they got my information and they said I filled out a survey. When I told them I didn't fill out a survey he accused me of possibly being drunk when I filled out the survey. I thanked him for the insult and when I said I wasn't interested, the man on the line told me he didn't give a [censor]. How very sad.

Br
  23rd of Jul, 2010

I too have had a bad experience with these guys. I received a call from there sales person and it just so happened that I was planing a trip from California to South Carolina. I told their salesman that all I needed was airfare and that I wasn't planning on staying in any resorts, hotels, motels ect. I told him that I needed eight tickets because I was traveling with friends. He said he would see what he could do and then call me back. Three weeks later he called me back and said he had found some tickets. Eight tickets for $487 seemed like a great deal to me so after checking with the Better Business Bureau, I bought them. During the process of the sale, I asked two different people the same question, "Now you are sure that this is just for airfare?" and both said yes. When the package showed up, it was contigent upon staying at some resorts or hotels. I then called and asked to speak with the salesman. They said he was out and so I continued to call everyday for another 4 days until finally their manager decided to speak with me. This is without a doubt the RUDEST [censor] I have ever talked to from any company. I asked her if she had a taped conversation of the sales call and she said yes but she said that it didn't matter because I had signed the contract. I told her that I only signed the contract after being assured that it was for airfare only. From that point on, she was nothing but extremely rude and unprofessional and I told her that and her answer was to hang up on me. So, I will be writing the president of the company a letter, and I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau in Las Vegas and lodging a complaint. If you are thinking about using this company, do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. Even if this company makes it right and gives me back my money, I would never do business with them again.

Be
  17th of Aug, 2010

I'm just discovering that this company charged my 90-year-old father $898 on his credit card. Obviously my dad gave them the card number, but he didn't know what he was doing and still doesn't remember doing it. I called WW but they wouldn't discuss it with me without me first faxing a Power of Attorney (which is being done), but I know that I'm probably in for several hours of negotiating a refund, if I"m blessed enough to get one.

Mr
  2nd of Sep, 2011

wow i have never seen so many uneducated people in my life lol. Ok lets start here first ok, If you get ripped off at joe bobs steak house then why do you cuss out mikes steak house, it makes no sense at all, ok you got ripped off im sorry to hear that but i didnt rip you off so why blame me I have work for many places and have worked at world wise vacations for over 6 years and i have nothing but satisfied customers that know were for real. so if you want to let bad people ruin everything for then go ahead, but other people are not changing the way i live.

ALSO IF U DO BUSINESS OVER THE INTERNET, TV, OR PHONE PAY WITH CREDIT CARD DON'T MAIL IN MONEY OR CHECK PEOPLE CREDIT CARDS PROTECT YOU.

Im
  16th of Dec, 2011

I WORK FOR WORLDWISE VACATIONS, AND I THINK THE COMPANY IS A WONDERFUL PLACE, FROM THE EMPLOYEES TO THE MANAGEMENT, WORLDWISE VACATIONS IS A GREAT PLACE

Ed
  9th of Mar, 2012

Just recieved a call from Worldwise vac. stating I won in a sweepstake I entered but I did'nt win the $12, 000.00, but I won a VIIP VAC PACKAGE to four exclusive vac. sites, one to Hawaii for 5 nights and 6 days and three other remaining packages to be used in three years. He stated I had excellent credit, and had a credit card.
"RIght" he said. Then he asked was I ready to see how much it would cost for all four packages, $798.00
Had to have the answer right now because this was a VIP winning sweepstake. I told him I wanted to discuss
details w/spouse. He said he would call back in 1 1/2 Hrs.
In the beginning he said his name was Kenny Wright, then during the conversation he said his name was Barrin.
So what was his name? Sly stuff. Watch out!!!

Jo
  19th of Jun, 2012

I just got hired at WorldWise and I have worked for many scam companies in the past. THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM, folks. These people are just offering great deals on vacations that most travel agencies would charge thousands for. If your elderly relatives cannot make decisions on their own, then they need someone else to answer their phone. Plain and simple. If you don't want what's being offered, just say NO, thank you and be done with it. No need to bash and complain.

Ka
  23rd of Feb, 2015

My Dad is a 76 year old man and he has a brain tumor. He is unable to drive at night and he does not get around very well. He lives on Social Security Retirement, a fixed income and this company cheated him out of a total of $2367 during two phone calls that they made to him.

First, they talked his 14 year old adopted son into giving them his checking account information while my Dad was in bed ill. At this time, they took $389 from his checking account.

Then, they called back and they spoke with my Dad about purchasing one of their cruises or airline travel plans. My Dad explained that he is a 76 year old many who is not able to drive at night and that he is very ill and unable to go on vacations.

My Dad's mental status is compromised and he explained that he did not understand some of the questions that they were asking. Then, they took an additional $1978 from his bank account.

When my Dad called the bank in an attempt to get his money back he did not receive any help from them. Apparently, if you pay for something with a credit card there are laws to protect you, which; do not protect you they take your money illegally from a checking account.

They know how to keep you on the phone and to get you to say words that they record as answers to questions that I did not give those responses to. Then, they claim that you answered those questions differently than you really do.

I filed a complaint for him with the Better Business Bureau, BBB, and they state that if you complain to the Would Wise that they sometimes give you the money back if you file complaints on line against them. Apparently, it is worth it to Would Wise to pay the few who do fight back so that they can continue their unethical and illegal transactions. So, my advise is file complaints everywhere you can. If you know how to blog; do so. I will call them after filing complaints on boards like this one and the BBB and then if they do not give him his money back, I will blog them daily until there are thousands of comments on the internet. I have a blog and I am very good at blogging.

Those who say that this is a good deal are either ignorant of the situation and do not understand that they are being cheated, or they work for this company. I pray you all receive you money back from these criminals. I pray that they be closed down for good and that they go to jail.

Pen Name: Kathleen de gaul