Worldwide Travel Center / Free Arline Tickets

1 160 SW 12 Ave 102Deerfield Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-821-8041

I received a postcard offer of "free round trip Airline tickets for two from any Airport in the US to any Airport in the US". We called and learned that we would need to go to "a no pressure to purchase" presentation lasting 90 min. Was sent a letter confirming this and listing what we would receive for attending, which included not only the Airline tickets but 2 nights hotel accomodations and a free 7 day car rental. We went. When we did not buy we were given a contract with more hoops to jump through and disclaimers than it would be worth, including the submission or $175 refundable fee paid as US Postal money order before we even started. We would be paying all kinds of fees and taxes not included in the offer, etc. I think you get the point. The time o the travel is up to them and they can change airports and rental locations to suit themselves. Everything has to be handled by mail which gives you little chance to get questions answered. You must use the travel in order to get your refund of the $175 back. I wonder just how many people send this in and just give up after the frustration of the back and forth through the mail. None of this was as represented in the initial card or following phone call or confirmation letter. We did not learn of the conditions until after we attended the presentation. I consider this a scam.

Comments

• Je
      15th of Apr, 2008

• Be
      16th of May, 2008

We received an offer also for 2 free roundtrip airfares to a major international airport of "our choice" within the US. This offer was made by World Wide Travel, Blue Springs, MO. A similar operation to Worldwide Travel Center, in other words a scam.
    These operate under different names in different locations, until too much negative news becomes known about them. Then it's time for a change!!
    But for crying out loud people... Have we not ALL learned early on in our lives:
    IF IT SEEMS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE ... IT MOST PROBABLY IS !! ??
    Wake up already. Nothing comes for free. These folks count on ignorance! If you can resist telemarketers, you can easily resist these stupid offers! It's called SHREDDING!! No more getting burned! Good luck.

• Se
      10th of Jul, 2008

July 9, 2008 appointment Bon Voyage Travel Survey at Austin Texas office.
    Fortunately I decided to Google WORLDWIDE TRAVEL CENTER, and saw all the negative feedback.
    Exciting Vacation Getaway! Bon Voyage Travel 7000 MoPac Suite 2000 (2nd Floor) Austin, TX 78731, Toll Free: 1-877-203-5249. Invitation to travel survey. Two Round -Trip Airfares and 15 minutes early bird bonus: 7 Day Car Rental or $200 Gas Voucher- FreebeeGass.com missing suite #, different zip code,
    red flags or $100 Dining Certificate.

• Ke
      12th of Aug, 2008

We originally bought into this whole thing because the free travel certificate was given to us by a seemingly reputable travel agency. I was about to send in our money order deposit for $50/pp for 2 plane tickets and a week's accomodations but now I'm scared to b/c i don't want to throw away $100. crap.

• Ka
      13th of Aug, 2008

I totally agree with the hassles we have received from this company. We have returned the reservation request at least 6 times by 'certified mail'. They do not combine their questions, but send them one at a time. Their policy of not being able to schedule within 7 days of a holiday is absurd. I am sick and tired of trying to schedule. I would like them to tell me which dates are available!!! FREE? No way, this is turned in as income. They require your SS# to send to IRS. You will get a 1099 and have to claim it.
    I have participated in other "timeshare" talks for free gifts without dissapointment. This is truly a scam.
    I will NEVER recommend this outfit to anyone.

11th of Feb, 2009

I, too, went to the Bon Voyage Travel office in Austin, TX.for their 90 minute sales pitch. I was awarded two "free" airline tickets that will cost me $200.00 plus additional taxes and fees. Money orders are to be USPS and sent certified. Then I am at their mercy, because they can deny or change my departure plan. On top of that, I will be claiming my winnings, that they say is valued to be approximately $2, 000-$3, 000. Those are some extremely expensive ticket values.

I did not get any of the free gas gift cards offered by Freebee Gas and cannot get in contact with them via the email address or phone number they gave for me to contact them.

Annette