Worldwide Travel Center / Travel scam
I was attracted by a birthday flyer (see scam1) which promised that I would be awarded 2 round trip air fares for attending a seminar in Scottsdale, Az (16427 N. Scottsdale Rd, Suite 145) in February 2009.
After the seminar, I was directed to submit a form to Worldwide Travel Center. The form required that I send a $100 money order as a deposit which I would get back once I completed the travel. I sent in the form and received another form (see scam2). This form required me to send in payment for the taxes on the flight and hotel accomodations for 2 nights. This required that I send in a money order of $146 along with various documents. After some time, I received the package back (less the money) saying that I needed to send another w-9 form for my wife. I resubmitted the package. After some time I received the package again; this time saying that I needed to send the package via certified mail. I resubmitted the package and after some time received the package saying that I needed to submit a copy of another credit card. I then called Worldwide Travel Center and talked with a representative; this as in June 2009. I said that I did not know what they wanted because the original form did not require a second credit card. I got no response other than I had to follow the instructions that I was sent. I then requested that my money be returned. I was told that my money would be returned.
I have waited over 7 weeks to receive my money. Over the past two weeks I have called Worldwide Travel Center repeatedly using various extensions and have always been routed to an answering machine which will only take a 15 second message. Well, I've learned a valuable $250 lesson. There is no such thing as a free trip...
More Worldwide Travel Center Complaints & Reviews
- Worldwide Travel Center - Free travel scam! 
- Worldwide Travel Center - Scam and cheating! 
- Worldwide Travel Center - Scam 
- Worldwide Travel Center - Fraudulent misrepresentation, breach of contract 
- Worldwide Travel Center - Bogus Travel Offer 
- Brandnewworld.com - I hate these people who have nothing else to do but steal.
- Worldwide Travel Center - Fraud 
- Worldwide Travel Center - Condo Fee 
- Worldwide Travel Center - 7 nights condominium stay 
- Worldwide Travel Center - How To Get Your Refund