Worldwide Travel Center / Travel scam

1 160 SW 12 Ave 102Deerfield Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800.268.5856

I was attracted by a birthday flyer (see scam1) which promised that I would be awarded 2 round trip air fares for attending a seminar in Scottsdale, Az (16427 N. Scottsdale Rd, Suite 145) in February 2009.
After the seminar, I was directed to submit a form to Worldwide Travel Center. The form required that I send a $100 money order as a deposit which I would get back once I completed the travel. I sent in the form and received another form (see scam2). This form required me to send in payment for the taxes on the flight and hotel accomodations for 2 nights. This required that I send in a money order of $146 along with various documents. After some time, I received the package back (less the money) saying that I needed to send another w-9 form for my wife. I resubmitted the package. After some time I received the package again; this time saying that I needed to send the package via certified mail. I resubmitted the package and after some time received the package saying that I needed to submit a copy of another credit card. I then called Worldwide Travel Center and talked with a representative; this as in June 2009. I said that I did not know what they wanted because the original form did not require a second credit card. I got no response other than I had to follow the instructions that I was sent. I then requested that my money be returned. I was told that my money would be returned.
I have waited over 7 weeks to receive my money. Over the past two weeks I have called Worldwide Travel Center repeatedly using various extensions and have always been routed to an answering machine which will only take a 15 second message. Well, I've learned a valuable $250 lesson. There is no such thing as a free trip...

Comments

• Fr
      6th of Feb, 2010

All victoms of these frauds must take yheir complain t0 government authorities who get paid by Us tax payers money. Their job is to protect us from these such obvious scams, which I am sure they are all aware of.
    Need to open a calss action against this company and to follow up on it, and any attorney will be welcomed to get whatever percentage or even whole money collected through court procedure. I am prety sure that there is hand of a politicion protecting this agency for Money. Otherwise, why after few years of complains, nothing have been done to this company. We should not let these blood sucker abuse us.
    God Bless the protector