Worldwide Travel Center / Fraudulent representation of free hotel certificate

160 SW 12 AVE Suite 102Deerfield Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-331-3331

I donated my car to charity via Kars-4-Kids and received a free vacation voucher good for 3 days / 2 nights at the destination of my choice (accomodations anyway). Upon phoning the travel agency to book my hotel, they asked for all my personal information including annual income as well as my travelling partners which is not necessary. They also asked for my credit card to secure a $50 deposit. This seemed a bit odd at first but I went along with.

After giving all my information, they asked if I would rather go to Florida as the three destinations they required me to give were probably all booked. I said I was not interested in that, to which they told me to send in my voucher with all the information I just gave as well as a signed statement of the following "I [my name], undersign authorize _______ hotel to charge my credit card [my credit card #] expiration [xx-xx] for the required security deposit."

I was then to mail all of this in as well as a $50 deposit mailed to Worldwide Travel directly.

Luckily for me I realized this was not right and did a bit of investigating to find out other people had been ripped off by this company already. I would just like to share my experience and file a complaint as this company is not legitimate.

Comments

Ka
  17th of Mar, 2009
Isnt this amazing, i also donated my car to Kars 4 Kids, thinking i was doing something good. i have the voucher but i havent even called the number yet, was planning on using it to go to Veagas for my birthday. This is aggrivating to know this company still exist. Put my name on that list for the lawsuit.

kare wilson allentown pa
Si
  3rd of Apr, 2009
The same thing happened to me when I called to book my "Free Trip" and I just didn't feel right about the whole thing. (Thus, the online search which lead me to this review). I have tried calling back to see if I could get another representative on the line but have been unsuccessful at this. I even left my number for someone to call me back 3 weeks ago with no result on that. I truly feel like this IS a scam and told the person that gave me the brochure as such. I feel very uneasy about the fact that I did give my credit info, but I do have fraud protection on that account. However, I will probably just forget this whole trip and cancel that credit card number. Thanks for your review.
Si
  20th of Nov, 2012
Thank you all, I received a 3 day 2 night vacation voucher as a halloween costume contest winner. I was excited at first but my husband said it smelled like a time share and/or scam. Thanks to this website we have confirmed this.

Worldwide, Inc. Logo Worldwide, Inc.
Overall Satisfaction Rating