Worldwide Travel Center / If it sounds too good to be true...

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I wish I had looked up complaints before I bothered. I had a company come to "show" me a vaccuum, which I was told is a "clean air system". I was promised that I would not have to buy anything, just give my honest opinion of their product, and in return I would receive a free vacation. OKAY! We don't have much money so I figure what the heck--great deal, right? Wrong! After being accosted by these salesmen for two hours we finally got our vacation certificate and kicked them out of the house. But the certificate was as much trouble as the salesmen were. Forget about getting a vacation from these people. Worldwide Travel Center is a joke. I tried to call to make reservations to get a busy signal, over and over. Finally, I tried to register online. First I get an alert on my browser that they have an invalid security certificate. When I finally got around that (reluctantly) I couldn't make reservations for anything. It's just not worth the trouble. Just another scam. I guess the old adage rings true: If it sounds too good to be true; it probably is!

Comments

• Fr
      17th of Jun, 2009

Be REAL happy you weren't able to get through - those of us that did got taken for several hundreds of dollars and are still fighting them to get our money back - we've been at it for over 6 months...

• Di
      10th of Jul, 2009

I've been researching to try to get some questions answered about the "Terms & Conditions" of this so-called "contract". What contract? What do you mean one party must be "gainfully employed"? What has that to do with a "free" gift? I got no answers at www.worldwidetravelcenter.com. I sure I will get no answers from Rainbow Vacuum or Air Purifying System either.

After the intense, obnoxious, and way-too-long presentation for a $2700 vacuum, I figured I deserved this $175.00 "gift", but I can see now that I was right to be suspicious. Nothing is free. This $175 should have been considered their advertising cost (cheap!) and could have resulted in a positive feeling toward Rainbow and possible referrals, but now I think Rainbow and World Wide are both scammers and not to be trusted. And, don't tell me the salesperson didn't know. I got this upgraded gift when I said I wouldn't drink the case of soda she offered at first. Some upgrade!!!

Thanks to all who voiced their complaints. You've saved many people a lot of pain, I'm sure.

• Ic
      10th of Jul, 2009

Hello Consumers; Has anyone had any dealings with Carico International, Inc. and their Vacation and or Gift redemption form ? In order to receive a "Reservation Validation Form" They request a $5.00 Check or Money Order for "processing, shipping and handling" Then a 2-3 week period to receive the form. Furthermore once you fill out the form they request a $50.00 "refundable deposit" will be required. I always thought if I really really won something it was free. Correct me if I am mistaken.
    Sincerely, Traci

25th of Jul, 2011

Traci, I am curious about this also. I'm quite skeptical, which is why I have not yet redeemed my "gift" validated 5 years ago. If I can get a vacation for $5 or $55 that would be worth it, but I'm wondering if that will really happen. Is it worth bothering to send in the form? Has anyone been able to redeem or am I wasting my time/money?