Worldwide Preferred Publisher's Service / magazine sales

1 107 Torrance Blvd., Ste. #204Redondo Beach, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-875-8568

They said I would get 6 magazines for 5 years and it would be $19.45 per month, but in reality it was $39.90 per month for 30 months. They also said i would receive a bill each month after the first charge on my Credit Card. I have rec'd no bill or anything yet. I am now finding out that it's a big scam and I want to stop this service. What can be done

Comments

Ju
  28th of Nov, 2008

THEY TOLD ME THAT THERE WOULD BE NO CHARGES TO MY BANK ACCOUNT UNTIL I RECEIVE MY TRIAL ISSUE OF A MAGAZINE AND RETURN THE CONFIRMATION LETTER TO THEM BUT THEY HAVE TAKEN MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT WHICH CAUSED OVERDRAFTS AND I HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT THEM BUT I CONSTANTLY RECIEVE A BUSY SIGNAL WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO GET THEM TO CANCEL AND STOP GOING INTO MY ACCOUNT?

Be
  15th of Dec, 2008

I too was contacted about a $1000.00 gift certificate and a $300.00 gasoline card. In return I was to receive 5 magazines from which I would pay for Time for a 5 year subscription. Only the payment would be collected over 30 mnths. I was told that I would not be charged on my credit card until I had received the first issue and that my gifts would be received the following week of the order. That time has come and passed and all I have received is a completed contract where by the magazines are listed and the first payment has already been deducted f rom my credit card. The remainder were to be paid through billing. I have not received anything regarding my gift certificates. I tried to call the 888 number to discuss this issue only to find this is not a working number. Worldwide Preferred Publishers is a SCAM and I intend not to pay another penny to this company.

Rt
  18th of Apr, 2009

Yes, its true..This company are a bunch of Scamers. It reality, they are under a full investigation as you are posting your comments. The company is runned by John Daly, a pincher that Scams on inocent people. He lives high in the mighty, with a new jaqur car, and in a huge house sitting in Palos Verdes Estates, in California. Most of his time, he spends time barking at his so call Manager to work his crew to lie. The business is all about, saying that youre safe. Making scripts to scripts to fit the ears of thousands of people. No one gets $1, 000. gifts certificates. If they do, its a bunch of small 99 cent items that is on the website to get the items. No Gas cards were honered, at any service departments. No Sweepstakes has ever been drawned in the many years they clamed to be.No one ever won anything. Not even a watch. So, if these people make any contact by telephone, trying to offer you Anything. Dont Buy Anything!!. Let the Law Enforcement do their jobs, , Iam one of the people that are working under cover with this company. So iam close then you think. Please sit tight, be smart. And NEVER GIVE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, NOR YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION OUT TO THEM, AS WELL ANY COMPANY THAT CALLS...

Sign: Mr. Robert The Man

Da
  1st of Feb, 2011

I have been trying to get a phone number on these scammers also. I was told that a list of magazines would be sent to my address so I could choose which I wanted, but, instead the money was taken out of my account the same day and I have received no paper work, no phone number to call and the magazines I have received I would never have ordered. I have requested my bank to not let another payment to these people be debited from my account.

Re
  26th of Nov, 2014

One of John Daly's baby scammer, who opened her a office in San Peddo, is also a Scammer! She steals right by gia side. And thoes who are working with her are her, Rats and theives.

Re
  26th of Nov, 2014

Rats, Theives, Liers!! They all need to be locked up! To many seniors are getting Scamed for their social security funds. Poor elders. Shame on You John Daly, Yvonne! !