Worldwide Department Store / Charge your credit card and never deliver the products!

Worldwide department store will charge your credit card and never deliver the products. When I tried to reach customer service someone answers then hangs up. They must have caller ID and know which callers they do not want to hear from. After I got suspicious about this company I searched the internet and found numerous complaints on them. The 40 flashlights I ordered were at to good to be true price and it was---they never came but they got their money.

Va

More Worldwide Department Store Complaints & Reviews

Comments

St
  21st of Mar, 2007

I also was charged the full amount of the order on my credit card, have emailed them multiple times, and have heard nothing. Beware of this website!!!

Ca
  17th of Jan, 2008

I also placed an order with this company, have tried to call them several times and sent several e-mails and of course wih no responce. I work for a bank and intend on having this investiged and retrieving my funds. I urge anyone else who has encountered the same type of service to also contact their bank or credit card company to also retrieve your funds.

De
  20th of May, 2008

I am experiencing exactly the same problem right now. No response to email or phone, the check the status of your order link on the website provides nothing. I plan to contact my credit card company tomorrow morning.

Ja
  1st of Jul, 2008

I ordered from this company over a month ago. I paid with paypal. My order never came. I have e-mailed them so many times and they won't respond. Do Not order anything from them!!!

Ch
  2nd of Jul, 2008

bought a drining bird that was like ten bucks. i believe they erased my account. when i go to log in, nothing is recognized. i payed for it, and never recieved it

Pr
  21st of Jul, 2008

I ORDERED A GAME FROM THIS COMPANY ABOUT A WEEK AGO AND I DID NOT RECIEVE ANYTHING I CHECKED MY ACCOUNT AND THERE WAS NO CHARGE YET SO I CANCELLED MY CARD TO PREVENT ANY DEDUCTIONS FROM HAPPENING. I AGREE WITH WITH ALL THE COMPLAINTS STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. GOD BLESS ALL WHO READ THIS.

Jo
  25th of Jul, 2008

I ordered 3 games from this company 1 month ago. I called and never got anyone other than a voice
mail. Of course, the voice mail was full so you could not leave a message. I have emailed them 3 times. Two weeks ago I did receive an email from them that stated my games had been mailed. Never did receive them. I have never had problems ordering online before. It is a shame that nothing can be done about this company.

Pa
  29th of Jul, 2008

Ordered product from company on 6/2/08 and was never delivered.

Sa
  19th of Aug, 2008

I placed an order 6 weeks ago. According to my account it was shipped 3 weeks ago, but I have never received it. The tracking number has never left Jefferson Staion. Numerous phone calls and emails, but no response. My next step will be to notify my credit card company. Do not order from this company!!

Br
  16th of Sep, 2008

ordered $150 worth April of 08 and it is Sept o8 and still no one responds at all so will file a complain with the NY AG's office.

Ta
  30th of Dec, 2008
Worldwide Department Store - Ordered product never shipped
Illinois

Placed my order 12-17-08 sitting at ready for shipping ever since, have not received any information either, snt emails to find out status and no response. Phone number disconnected as well. Beware, many complaints, I have already contacted my bank to block any charges based on the past comments about this company.

Ha
  25th of Jan, 2009

Worldwide Department Store is now called Outrageous Gifts Online. Shop with CAUTION!

Pj
  21st of Feb, 2009

I also placed an order which has never arrived and they won't answer emails.

Ms
  27th of Apr, 2009

I also have had the same problem with this company. I received one response after emailed them stating I was contacting the attorney generals office. I received half the products I order and not the rest of them. If you paid by credit card contact the credit card company and they will do a backcharge for the money the company stold from you. If you paid with paypal disput the charge and paypal will get your money back for you but I suggest everyone hurry because it looks like this company will be disappearing soon and no one will get anything back. EVERYONE CONTACT THE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE...

Ro
  5th of Feb, 2011

Hi...sorry to hear of all the continuing problems. I was the originator of WorldWideDepartmentStores .com back in the early 1990's. Someone in (I believe it was) Connecticut started a site named WorldWideDepartmentStore.com. Please notice the subtle difference in the names. I started getting complaints from irate customers demanding product and/or refunds for merchandise never delivered. In most cases, my site never listed the merchandise claimed ordered and we never received ANY money for the items claimed purchased. I did an external check of what was happening and found the info stated above. I emailed and phones the listed address and number, never to receive any answer. The problem got so bad (complaints) that sometime in the mid 1990's I abandoned the site (taking it off the internet) and notifying our client database (to which none of the complainants were members) of our reasons for discontinuing business operations. It is sad to see that after all these years these people are continuing their "rip-off" policies. I agree...you should immediately contact your credit card merchant account and demand a refund, or get in touch with PayPal if that was your means of payment. There is every chance you will never receive your order! Try to ascertain the home address of the site owner or the Hosting company and contact the Attorney-General's Office in the appropriate state. All The Best!