[Resolved] Worldremit / never transferred my money and did not respond to email inquiries.

Jul 12, 2015
Shoreline WA
I completed an online money transfer to a friend in the Philippines at approx 1:30 am PST on July 12, 2015.
I received a receipt for the transaction online but never received an email notice that the funds had gone through and were available to my recipient. My recipient was waiting for the transfer, which was to be a cash pickup.
I sent the transaction # and told her that she should receive an SMS notice that the funds were ready for pickup. It is now over 12 hrs later and neither I nor she has heard anything more from WorldRemit.There has been no notification of any problem or reason for the delay. I have sent 3 email inquiries to customer service but after the initial acknowledgement of the receipt of my inquiry, and subsequent assignment of case number 00142765, I have heard nothing. The money is being held as a pending transaction by my bank.
The whole purpose for the transaction was to send cash instantly to my recipient so she could buy a birthday present from me to give to her 5 year old nephew.

Resolution statement

Worldremit Customer Care's Response, Jul 13, 2015
Hi Thomas, one of our Customer Care team will be in touch shortly to get this sorted for you.

Kind regards,
Dan at WorldRemit
Worldremit Customer Care's Response, Jul 14, 2015
Hi Thomas, we're happy to confirm that this is all sorted now. If you have any further questions, drop us a line at customerservice@worldremit.com.

Worldremit Logo Worldremit