Worldmark By Wyndham / scam

1 Redmond, WA, United States Review updated:

My fiancee and I were stopped by some representatives from WorldMark at the Puyallup Fair in Washington State last September. We were told that if we joined the timeshare program by giving a $20 deposit, all we would have to do is attend a 90 minute sales presentation and receive not only our $20 deposit back just for attending the presentation, but also a three day, two night stay at their Lake Tahoe resort. When we arrived at our appointed presentation on October 7th, the building had a sign on it saying that the location was shutdown and we'd have to contact the company. I contacted the representative who approached us at the Fair via the phone number given on our paperwork. There was no answer. When I called the company to find out why we were not contacted about the change in venue before making the hour and a half drive, they told me the man no longer worked for the company. When asked for an issue resolution, they said we would get our $20 back in the mail and also tickets to Lake Tahoe. I don't give a hoot about the Lake Tahoe trip. What I am concerned with, however, is my $20 and how many other families this company has taken advantage of. I have contacted the company 3 times via email with no reply. We contacted the company today, but as usual, got the runaround and then were told "there is no manager or supervisor here that can talk to you today, we'll have them call you later." WHAT KIND OF COMPANY IS THIS!? Are there many others that have had this issue? If so, this needs to be rectified NOW. This company is making thousands, perhaps more, on unsuspecting victims.

Comments

• Ba
      1st of Jun, 2010

They closed all of their off site locations and only have sales and presentation offices at existing resorts. If you would have called Worldmark by Wyndham directly - they would have set you up with a presentation in downtown seattle. You probably went to Federal Way location, right? They are not a scam - check Wyndham online, their stocks are traded at New York Stock Market. Wyndham is a reputable hospitality company that owns world's biggest hotels/motels/resorts chain.

23rd of Aug, 2010

I am a former employee and Banff...Worldmark is a scam. I dont know your position with the company but they treat the "little people" like crap and they are the ones who actually do the work! Athena.lee, you will never see your money, recieve a call or get any sort of response. All anyone cares about in that company is money money money.

• Bl
      14th of Jan, 2011

WORLMARK BY WYNDHAM DO NOT STAY AT A LOCATION OWNED BY WYNDHAM. DON'T ATTEND PRESENTATIONS. THESE ARE ALL SCAMS TO BILK YOU OUT OF YOUR MONEY. SALESMEN LIE, IF YOU SAY NO THEY RETURN WITH ANOTHER SALESMAN UNTIL YOU ARE PRESSURED INTO BUYING JUST TO LEAVE THE PLACE. PURCHASED 14 DAYS TO VACATION TIME TO BE USED IN NUMEROUS RESORT LOCATIONS AROUND THE UNITED STATES. TRIED TO USE SOME TIME IN PIGEON FORGE, TENNESSEE, BUT WAS INFORMED THAT WE COULD ONLY USE LOCATIONS IN THE WESTERN UNITED STATES. STATED WE WERE INFORMED BY SALESMAN COULD BE USED ANYWHERE IN UNITED STATES (THEY HAD COUPLE OF LOCATIONS IN TENNESSEE) FOR A 2 YEAR PERIOD. WAS THEN INFORMED THAT THE SALESMAN WAS WRONG AND EVEN THOUGH WE WERE INFORMED THIS WAS A 2 YEAR PACKAGE, IT WAS VALID ONLY FOR 1 YEAR. THIS COMPANY AND THEIR WORLDMARK VACATION CLUBS ARE A BIG RIPOFF...I ADVISE AGAINST ANYONE PURCHASING VACATION TIME FROM THEM. IT COSTS ME $1600 AND CAN'T EVEN BE USED.

RIPOFF RIPOFF...RIPOFF...RIPOFF...RIPOFF...RIPOFF...RIPOFF