World-WideSoft.com / SCAM

1 Bronx, NY, United States Review updated:

My friends HP Laptop had a virus with a Security Alert. There was no way to operate the computer without downloading a new security update to Vista 2010 anti virus protection. So I tried to order the update and thought it was through Microsoft. It was not. The company charged my credit card $69.95 and never gave a conformation e-mail or order number. I cancelled my card at that time and have been disputing the charge on my account. I reported the company to the Better Business and to Chase Customer Service. I hope they get caught for this scam.

Ta

More World-WideSoft.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Mo
      9th of Mar, 2010

I too was scammed. My computer was completely locked up and I thought perhaps I needed to renew the virus software that came installed on my computer. Stupid me, I renewed for two years to save money -- so I am out $70.94. My bank is helping me to dispute this charge. I really think this should be illegal. It's one think to make the decision to be scammed but to hold your computer hostage is another.

• 16
      10th of Mar, 2010

My computer froze up stating it was infected with virus and World-WideSoft.com SCAMMED me to out of $49.95, Once payment was recieved by this company in MOSCOW, RUSSIA. The anti-virus program disappeared from my computer... BUYER BEWARE OF THE COMPANY>

21st of Apr, 2010

While using the internet a popup came indicating that my computer was under vurus attack. I could not get the popups to stop running and I couldn't get my own software to complete a scan. The popup offered an Windows Security program online and I foolishly purchased it. The so-call virus attackes were then eliminated. Beware of World-widesoft.com or hhtp//celltechsecurity.com