World-Wide Vacation Marketing, Inc. / Terrible experience!

1500 Beville Rd. - Suite 606-368Daytona Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-458-3874
In January, 2007, World-Wide Vacation Marketing, Inc. contacted us about selling our timeshares and unused time weeks. Like other such firms, they required up-front money [$999]. Unlike the others, their contract terms stipulated: "If not sold/rented in one year, WWV will refund your processing fee in full, per your request made within 30 days of your expireation date."

When we checked the Internet, there was some information about WWVM, none of it negative. We signed the contract in February 2007, and paid the $999 by check #999, sent through the US Postal Service. The order number was RAVC2-167, with an effective contract date of February 26, 2007. In July, we asked for an update and were told that Labor Day weekend was going to be a big sales push. We heard nothing subsequently.

Now, as the year comes to an end, the WWVM website is still up, but none of the phones [[protected]-523-3900 ] is in service. In addition, there are numerous complaints now posted on the Internet.

NOTE: Stupid me! This is the third time I have been burned by a timeshare reseller requiring an up front fee.

Sincerely and regretfully,
Jon Cristofer Miller.

Comments

Ba
  12th of Feb, 2008
I totally agree with you. If you read your contract(small print) you will see where they do not refund the extra money you may of paid for renting it out, unless durning the time that you are under contract with them you sell it either by yourself or another agent. Which is a breach of contract and you wouldn't get paid. This is the second time we fell for it and I just got another call today from another place. I did just find out that the first place that screwed us over Copeland is the same owner as the second place WW Vacation. We have never heard a word from these people in the whole year. I called once and was told it was the Daytona race week and they were sure they could rent out my timeshare. They didn't. I wish there was a way to get these crooks and get our money back. This last one cost us $1499. I can't believe we fell for it twice.
Do
  22nd of May, 2008
We too, fell twice for this sales pitch. When I tried to contact this company i was conected to some storage facility in Bremerton, Washington. I am going to contact the Attorney General's office and see if there is any other way to get these guys put out of business.
Ge
  20th of Jul, 2008
We were taken into this scam as well and tried to contact them at the end of our one year window to cancel and get our $699 back. We too got the storage facility in Washington and were never able to retrieve our promised return of our "up front" money. They e-mailed us after our year was up, billing us for another $699 on an old e-mail address that we never use because of computer problems. Today our computer was "re-configured" and the bill popped up...sitting there for 4 months and never seen by us until today. The bill has a new "ammendment" saying we had to contact them in writing in 30 days before our contract was up. That was not in the original agreement. They were to send our money if they did not sell in one year. We also heard the "race track weekend story" when we were first contacted, and after that were never contacted until the year was up and then by the e-mail bill. We feel sooooo stupid for getting caught in this scam and now find we are not alone. Donna, have you had success contacting the Governor' office?
Te
  22nd of Jul, 2008
We need to get together and put in a class action suit against these timeshare organizations(I have Westgate). I am willing to do the paperwork, I just need to get complaints from a number of people. I am in KY, my timeshare is in Gatlinburg, TN. I went to a meeting to sell mine and they wanted us to pay them to take it off our hands. There are tens of thousands of hurting people from the dirty rats! I want to know who they are and a short story(if possible).