World Wide Soft Ware Baku Security Tool / scam

1 OR, United States Review updated:

I was on my computer on 1/22/2010 and this page popped up saying that my computer was in danger that someone was trying to get my credit card and bank acct. infor and it was telling me that i needed to sign up for the securtiy tool. i kept trying to delete it and it just kept popping up. i could not even go to my add or remove page. it would put a block on every thing i try to do. so finally i just went ahead and purchase the tool knowing the page would go away. and it said 100% money back guarantee. though i could not find a phone number to call them i figure when i purchase the tool there would be a number on my bank acct. showing a phone number. there is no number to reach them by and i also had to remove the tool cause it did nothing but give me trouble. it slowed my computer down. it was garbage so i am trying to locate the people that took my $49.95 but have had no luck. can you help me and tell me what i should do? thank you.

Tt

Comments

• Dc
      8th of Feb, 2010

THE SAME EXACT THING has now happened to me. It stated it was a the Security Tool, emblem looked like Microsoft's, it' would not close. I ended purchasing it, but nothing was downloaded and I cannot find where any security device has been installed.

I called my credit card company and am disputing the charge of $49.95.

I cannot find any phone number for it, as well.

I would like to ask how can it just pop up on my screen and when you click, "Ignore, Do Not Continue" why does it not go away?

• Ho
      9th of Feb, 2010

The same thing happened to me. But they took out $99.85 out of my account. I called Cox and they said I would have to take my computer to a computer tech to get the icon removed. Has anyone gotten any answers for this. Please let me know!

• Aj
      9th of Feb, 2010

I had this happen to me this week, and I fell for it. I too am having tons of trouble with my computer now (I am using another one at this moment). I called my bank to stop the pending charge, and they said it had to clear first, or that it might "fall off" my account without actually clearing.

THEY ALSO SUGGEST FREEZING THE CARD AND GETTING A NEW NUMBER, as now these thieves have our account numbers! I would suggest the same for all of you!!!

Thanks everyone for posting these warnings for me. They really helped!

• Kr
      16th of Feb, 2010

I had also made a purchace for the so-called anti virus and anti spy wear program and was shocked when nothing was downloaded. They took $49.95 out of my checking account. This site should be shut down and all the people that fell for this product should get double their money back

16th of Feb, 2010

This is a complete scam. I too got sucked in and they took $129.99 out of my account, onlt to discover that the supposed security tool was a trojan virus in itself.

• Ar
      17th of Feb, 2010

i also got ripped off by the same program called ''windows xp internet security''.
    Nothing worked on my computer anymore and it even shut down my AVG anti-virus program and internet!
    I bougt it for $69, 95 and would have secirty for 2 years but nothing happend andand so i wrote an email to ''[protected]@wideworldsoft.com'' and now I'am waiting for any reaction...
    they have a internet site and there was also a phone number but that i have not tryed yet.
    i called my creditcard company and they told me that I have to dispute the amount of 69, 95 and they will try to undo the charge but for that I still have to wait!

arnoud from the netherlands

• Cr
      17th of Feb, 2010

The same things just happened to me a couple days ago. Security tool kept popping up on my screen and it looked legitt saying my computer was infected. So i purchased it.. I didn't receive a confirmaion email with a receipt or anything.. so i called my bank immediately as they charged my debit card $100.65. So i sat down with my bank and they found a site on the internet for WORLDWIDESOFT and called this number 1800-486-6721. My bank spoke with a lady named Anastasia ext. 703.. I hope this helps all of you. I recommend having your bank call them with you sitting there, they seem to take it more seriously when the bank gets involved. But they are giving me a refund its suppose to take 5-10 business days for it to appear.. I'll let ya know if i actually get it back. Good luck..

• Wi
      17th of Feb, 2010

I too had security tool pop up on my screen, it locked up my computer, could not get rid of it whatever I tried. I shut down for 16hrs, it was waiting for me when I booted up. I agreed for a $29.95 tuneup, checked my online Visa acc't, found a charge for &109.90. I emailed them, no response. Called Visa, explained I was scammed. I had to write a letter to Visa explaining the circumstances about worldwidesoft security tool.

• Se
      17th of Feb, 2010

I was taken for $79.95 plus a $2.39 Foreign Transaction Fee. I was able to find a website to remove the Security Tool from my computer. It took a couple of hours to complete but it is now gone. However, they still got my money. I called my credit card company and ended up having to write a letter explaining my dispute. Hopefully, I'll be refunded but I'm not holding my breath. Here is the link. Good luck!

18th of Feb, 2010

I got the same thing on my computer last night. I was taking a quick look on my Facebook account and a screen popped up telling me I was in danger of someone trying to access my accounts and passwords. I thought it looked a little fishy, so I had my hubby take a look at it (because he knows more about computers than I do) and he tried exiting the little window and I wouldn't go away. So he gave in and put in his card number for the purchase of $49.99. After that, we received no comfirmation e-mail validating the purchase. He looked into the Terms&Use clause, that a majority of any download has, and it would tell us we if weren't satisfied with product we could get our money back guaranteed within 30 days by contacting them. There was no number to contact these s. We then googled the 'Security Tool' and it turned out to be a rogue virus. We then downloaded LEGIT virus software to get rid of the software. It's gone thank goodness. I called the bank to dipute the charge $49.99 and found they took out $129.85 from our account. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER AT ALL NOW. My bank told me that since it was a download they couldn't dispute the charge. They said I would have to go through them (WORLDWIDESOFT) to try and get the money back. I told my hubby that and he is pissed. He calling the bank again to try and get the money back. Wish us luck. I'm hoping for the same for the rest of you.

• Er
      18th of Feb, 2010

I also was recently scammed by this company to the tune of $99.98. Thank you to those who have gone before and frovided suggestions for recorse in tis matter, i.e., phone number and using bank as leverage, etc. It is a sad commentary on the nature of some people that such can occur. Again, thank you to those who have provided suggestions.

• Ni
      18th of Feb, 2010

Hey guys the same thing happen to me they got me for 99.95 and my bank charge a 3.00 for the transaction. I think we need to report them to consumer affairs. I log onto my inbound security on my computer and they are from china this is the information I pulled up on one of them. His name is kong lingfei, email address is [protected]@chinaunicom.cn, address is 45, guang An street, shi Jiazhuang city hebei province 050011, cn, phone 86-311-86681601. Guys you need to band them from accessing your computer database. There tried several ip address so we all need to come together and get these people in trouble.

• Ms
      19th of Feb, 2010

Same thing here on 2/19..only way to get your computer back is to purchase the item. I then called my card
    company and disputed the charge and put a hold on all future charges.
    What a pain..isn't this illegal? How do we report it to any authorities?

• Fe
      19th of Feb, 2010

I fell for this virus, too. It really does look like a Microsoft product. I was able to mitigate my damages. Right after I made the purchase, I got suspicious when the "product" showed that it cleaned up the viruses, trojans, and worms in my system within seconds. I immediately checked my email and when I didn't get a confirmation of my order, I knew something was wrong.

I went to the ATM, withdrew all my money, then called the bank and canceled my card. Once the bogus transaction clears I can dispute the charge.

My bank still shows the charge as pending, but were able to find the website that showed up with the charge. The website is world-widesoft dot com. The bank said the charge originated from Moscow.

I was able to get my computer working again by using the system repair.

• Oo
      21st of Feb, 2010

I ALSO FEL FOR THIS SCAM AND GOT RIPPED OFF 49.95 AND CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT NO # OR ADDRESS NOT EVEN A DOWNLOAD FOR IT

• Li
      22nd of Feb, 2010

YEP. JUST TWO DAYS AGO AND $49.95 CHARGE FOR ME. WENT TO THE WEB SITE AND GOT DIRECTED HERE. I HOWEVER, COULD NOT USE SYSTEM REPAIR TO FIX MY PROBLEMS.

22nd of Feb, 2010

Please, how do we report these people to the authorities? They need to be stopped. Call 1800-469-9689 to try to get a refund.

• Tr

PLEASE READ:

I posted Sunday night about this scam that I too fell for. I was told my 49.95 would be refunded but they couldn't find my info in their data base. The guy said a manager would call me to arrange the refund. Never happened.

I called 1-800-469-9689 today. After waiting for ten minutes I spoke to 'Jean' - she was able to find me in the data base and said my refund would go through in 5-7 days. I have a confirmation number and her extension.

CALL THEM - THEY WILL REFUND YOU. If they say they can't find you in their data base that simply means your transaction info hasn't caught up with their system.

Good luck everyone.

• Jz
      23rd of Feb, 2010

I downloaded this crap and now I cant remove it some please help

• As
      23rd of Feb, 2010

i called that 1-800 number and i was told that i had the wrong company and if i wanted to buy something, to call back. i had to provide the name of the software i had purchased for the operator to even stay on the line. he was very rude. then he gives me another number which is obviously disconnected. we have to get these people off the internet.

• Mi
      24th of Feb, 2010

I was on the computer on2/23/2010 and this security tool kept popping on. it was not letting me get to any of my programs. It kept freezing my programs, so i went ahead and order the software and it was only soppose to take off $49.99, but instead they took $109.90 off of my debit card, now i am faced with trying to get my money back on my card. I am a single mother of three kids and really didnt need to order anything but needed to use my computer for my kids and my work, so if there is anyone out there thtat can help me to get my money back from this company please help me out please. Help me with this problem. Regina Smith Madison Wisconsin

• Ka
      24th of Feb, 2010

I TOO WAS CAUGHT UP IN TIS SCAM IT TOOK 109.90 OUT OF MY ACCT. AND PUT ME IN THE MINUS. I TRYED TO FINDOUT THROUGHT MY BANK TOO. NO PHONE # AM WAITIN FOR IT TO GO THROUGHT MY ACCT, THEN I CAN DO SOMRTHING ABOUT IT BUT UNTIL IM STILL IN THE RED . SOMEHOW IT NEEDS TOO B STOPPED.

• Ds
      24th of Feb, 2010

The same exact thing happened to me the day before yesterday. These scammers need to be trown in jail! Anyway, I found their website which had a phone number listed. So I called it, 1-800-469-9689 and a guy with a very thick accent answered the phone. I told him that their company scanned me and that I wanted my money back. He asked me for the first six and the last for of my card number. I gave him the information and pulled my name right up! He said is your name...and I said yes. He said ok, we will refund you and your account will be credited in 5-10 business days. Well, we'll see if I ever see my 99.85. I cancelled the card as soon as I found out it was a scam but I'm hoping that it will still go through. Good luck to you all.

• Ca
      24th of Feb, 2010

I had the same thing happen. I called the 800 # and was on hold for 20 mins before being disconected. I hope others get a better response.

• Ji
      24th of Feb, 2010

For a Security Tool purge, I went to: bleepingcomputer.com. They give you a blow by blow process by which you can eliminate this pain in the nuts virus called SECURITY TOOL. The process is time consuming, but worth getting that nasty rogue virus out of your system. It will entail you to download some software that is FREE, mind you, and it works--goddam it works!
    It took me somewhere to about an hour and a half to kill the little ###, but it purged my computer from it. Please, people, do yourselves a favor and visit the website.
    Then when you call that rude ### Middle Eastener at 1-800-469-9689, the way I did, and he can't say that you bought the damn thing because your computer has been purged of it. Have your credit card number ready and the dates of transaction.
    Good luck and Blessed be.

• Lj
      26th of Feb, 2010

I too had the same problem linkin it with my McAfee software promising solutions to end virus, what a scam has created nothing but problems on my laptop, fortunately i used chase credit card to purchase it they disputed and removed the charges immediately. What a nightmare...beware to all!!!

• De
      26th of Feb, 2010

Having the same problem as of now. I'm on the phone, been on hold for the last 10 min. No respond yet. But I am set for them.

• Mi
      26th of Feb, 2010

Go to Microsoft.com and download there free security package and it will be the first thing it gets rid of.

Report them to the FBI (Internet Crime Complaint Center ) at:

• Pa
      27th of Feb, 2010

same thing happen to me ...how can i get my money back...

27th of Feb, 2010

I, also got taken for a ride by this company for$51.95. There is a website to go to, to file a complaint. http://www.ic3.gov/ If we all stand together, We the people can take these ###s down, Just like we, shouldtake down those [censored]s in washington d.c. Hope this helps out

27th of Feb, 2010

I also got screwed by this crap there is a website to go to, to file a complaint http://www.ic3.gov/ If we stand together, we can take these asasholes down, just like the [censored]s in washington, d.c.

• As
      1st of Mar, 2010

The samething happened to me I called every hour the numbers i called was 1-800-410-9262 1-800-469-9689 1-800-486-6721 no such luck. I even gooled this company got an address as world wide software baku 633 E. archwood DR. # 33 Eagle Point, Oregon. Which did nothing for me so i filled a complaint to the FBI, All I can say is good luck and if anyone knows any othe rthing i can do. let me know please I would like to get my money back.

• Ke
      1st of Mar, 2010

I have to fallen in the trap. I could not get ride of the pop up alerts so I went ahead and downloaded it. I looked like Microsoft so I took it that it was safe. I got a confirmation email with a transaction number though when I saw that it wasn't Microsoft I started to wonder if it was a scam. I did search on the website the email provided and found this site. Right away I called my bank to stop the transaction. The bank told me I will have to call the company and cancel the service and call the bank back with the confirmation number before they could report this to the feds. I have have been trying to reach the 800 # but all I am able to get is a busy signal. I don't know if it is busy with tones of call of people like us canceling or if they set the phone busy so that no one could cancel. This is not how I wanted to spend my Monday night!

• Un
      1st of Mar, 2010

i too was a victim of this virus they tried to take $129 out of my account when i never put any information in they were putting the wrong info in so when i called the bank its was pending so when the charge was about to clear my bank red flagged it but then i couldnt get that stupid software of my computer so i found a way to get it off my system by turning on windows defender scaned my comp and found it. it was a trojan virus and automacially got ride of it so my advice if it happens again make sure u have ur windows defender turned on

• Un
      1st of Mar, 2010

make sure u cancel ur card or red flag it before it clears thats what i did

• Wi
      2nd of Mar, 2010

I'm sorry to say but none of these numbers work, they are all busy! They got me for 129.00! Never again them ###!!

• Ke
      2nd of Mar, 2010

This happened to me on 2/28/10. Our local newspaper's web site allowed a ad to be placed on it that infected my PC with malware. (I run an anti-virus software and have a firewall so I'm not sure how this happened). After my PC was infected, I noticed two Microsoft icons running in the system tray. I clicked on them and was told that my firewall was disabled, my computer infected and I needed to purchase something called "Microsoft XP something or other". The window contained what it said was a link to a Microsoft site. Everything looked perfect and I made the purchase. The "Microsoft" tool ran on my PC and apparently infected my PC with a virus silimlar to SirCam. What this does is update your registry so that your computer cannot run .exe (program) files. I googled "cannot run exe files" and got some solutions on how to fix that problem. After I put 2 + 2 together, I called my credit card company and canceled my card. My credit card company told me that this "company" was operating in Russia.

• St
      2nd of Mar, 2010

The best way to get rid of it is to go to the file that it is in and rename it. Remember where the file is and what you rename it. Restart your computer, the program will not start because it can not find the right file name, because you just renamed it. At this point, you can delete the file and remove all traces.

• Cr
      3rd of Mar, 2010

I also had this problem with the pop up on my daughter's laptop. But I didn't pay for the item. I simply turned off the laptop then restarted it in SAFE mode and reloaded the System Restore point for the previous month.

But one thing I did notice on the pop up was their supposed IP address which was actually a British Phone number. That may help if it comes up again. I did not use it since I had been able to restore. But I still don't know how it got into the laptop. Email is the most probable way. I deleted all the emails. So far so good. What is needed for these scammers is a method of tracking them down and then sending some Muscle around the break their fingers!!