World Wide Soft / scam

1 NY, United States Review updated:

the same thing happened to me on feb21st telling me i had infections to buy a firewall. i did not go away it would block anything i was trying to put in internet explorer. they charged me 69.95. the next day when i came home i turned on the computer and the same thing happened but this time it was telling me to purchase an anti virus that i had 17 infections. then i knew it was a scam i have a antivirus protection allready. (a tip next time if your computer came with a firewall the company is not going to take over your computer and make u purchase anything) thats what i did wrong allowed them to con me. anyway the next day i cancelled my card and notified the credit card company of the scam and they were nice enough to remove this charge from my card. so people call your credit card company and explain what happened and they will transfer you to the fraud division and credit u. good luck

Comments

• Wo
      1st of Mar, 2010

I also got ripped off on credit debit card of 49 95 who dod I contact beside the attorny generals office and better business bureau please help

3rd of Mar, 2010

I had the same thing happen to my daughter and we were blackmailed into paying 49.95 or she couldn't access the internet or any program stating it was a vista virus protector. When purchased, it stopped for a little while and then started acting up again. When I received the bill it stated worldwide soft which was not vista virus protector and I realized I was scammed...

• Pe
      4th of Mar, 2010

I had the same thing happen. How do we get our money back??? That is so wrong.

• Cc
      5th of Mar, 2010

Well the same thing happened to me and I was charged 130.00. Whatever this is I could not get it off my computer without buying this I guess I should of called my computer person. I am taking a copy of the complaints to the bank in hopes they will also credit me, but not counting on it. Make sure your bank knows not to let them charge you again. What a scam, live and learn I guess. Thank you for writing, also they never sent me any kind of payment reciept on my e-mail. Dont do it.

• Li
      14th of Mar, 2010
    World Wide Soft - charge credit card without my authorization
    Minnesota

I was on my computer on 3/2/2010and "Security Tools" popped up saying that my computer was in danger that someone was trying to get my credit card and identity information, and it was telling me that I need to sigh up for security tool. I try to close the window or delete that but it put a block on everything, all the screen turn blue .Finally was a icon that said 100% money back guarantee, and I know when you do not finish to purchase you can close to window, or there is a phone number when you can reach to stop them by and I also to remove the tools cause it did nothing but give me a trouble..
    I try to locate to people that took my money I could not. I did not know how much they took from credit card, until I received the statement from credit card. They are located in Moscow Russia and they charged my credit card $99.98 and $2.99 foreign fee.
    Can I get my money back and could you please stopped this scam please. Thank you

• Do
      14th of Mar, 2010

I have Norton and when I went to renew my subscription ms anti virus came up and so I clicked out of it and went back into Norton and I still got ms anti virus so for some crazy reason I though that this may be my not0n So yes I was scamed also. Only now my computer is not working at all. I can't get on the Internet or any applications...What is one to do???? Is there something out there to stop this and for all of us to try and sue these people...

• Be
      22nd of Mar, 2010

I received a box that was security tool telling me my computer was being taken over and my private info given to who know who. I would like the $79 returned to me--since i found instructions on how to remove the scam.
    Please contact me at the number above
    Thanks,
    B

24th of Mar, 2010
    World Wide Soft - fraud

Over the weekend, I was hit by a virus. Security Center practically froze my computer unless I downloaded and paid for a product. I chose to down load support for $19.95. As soon, as I did this my computer unfroze, but was still getting virual warnings until til I download another product. Went to check on my money back guarantte and could not find the site. My computer did not show the download, and stated files can not be opened. Due to the fact of of the hacking into my Facebook account, (this is what started the whole thing), I also checck my purchases. It showed a purchse from World Widesoft.com Moscow Russ /compoters for $113.95 plus $1.00 service charge! I called to see what I can do about this, and can't get any infortmation on this company or product. This is out and out fraud. I did NOT authorize this purchase amount to this company. I DID NOT receive any product, or relief from my issues with this company.

• Hr
      26th of Mar, 2010
    World Wide Soft - Computer Scam

Hit by a virus on 3/23. Would not let me access internet. Looked very professional - said it was affecting Windows XP. Offered three payment options. I took two year plan for $69.99. It corrected the problem right away, but that was short lived. It since corrupted my PC - which is now in the shop. I saw all the other complaints on this message board and realized I had been part of this scam. I contacted my bank, which will be taking care of this. The actual charge ended up being $71.24. My bank just received a call from another customer two days prior for the exact same thing. They are using their knowldege of these calls, plus this complaint board, as back up documentation to help me. However, I now need to stop my credit/debit card and have to get a new one. Apparently the company/scam artists are out of Moscow, Russia. I can't say enough about not trusting these antivirus popups. I have never fell for any of these in the past. These scammers are getting very technical and professional.

29th of Mar, 2010

I had the SAME exact thing happen to me! I already have a FREE antivirus program on my computer, yet I had to PAY $69 for this company's antivirus program in order for my laptop to unfreeze. And then even after I'd paid for that crap, all of my programs were STILL wiped out, including my internet! My brother had to re-program my entire system for me. I have absolutely no way to get in touch with these criminals and now I'm having to totally close my debit account and re-open it with different info. I am so totally pissed off! Who can help us by investigating them and bringing these creeps to justice?!

• Se
      10th of Apr, 2010
    World Wide Soft - Security Tool Scam
    World Wide Soft/Security Tool
    Indiana

I was charged 49.95 for Security Tool after a screen popped up and would NOT let me do anything at all, until i bought security tool...after i bought it, everything went away...well i found it was a scam and came on here and i found a phone number on one lady's complaint. The phone number 1800-469-9689 is Security Tool's customer support, we called that number and talked to a lady who gave us World Wide Soft (which is security tools Charge company) phone number which is: 1800 407 9087. We only called that first number and the lady refunded our money (we will see in 24 hrs if she actually did) with NO questions asked. We believe she knew of the scam and didnt care. Some people these days!

• Hh
      21st of Apr, 2010

I met the similarthing on mar/30/2010, I registered on a download website (Download expert) to download some paper, I registerd for one month membership for $1.99, but later I found my debit card was charged $100.41, I call the bank and they told me tocontact the company first, it is queerd that the WorldWide Soft.com charged me, not the download expert charged me. I google that company and called their 800 number, A man answered and said will give my $99 back in 3 days. I am still waiting.