World Wide Brokers / Rip off company

United States, California, Brea Review updated:
World Wide Brokers
1211 W Imperial Highway Ste. 100
Phone: 714-446-1600
I filed for a loan modification with WWB back in April of 2008, in the beginning it was good customer service but then my bank declined my application, WWB didn't return my calls, and when me or my wife finally got a hold of someone, they always gave us the run around. To this day WWB and its staff have not helped us accomplish what we sought out to do. It has been almost 1 year and we still have not made any progress with my mortgage.

The only thing that our lender offered us was a Home Savers Package that Hue (partner of WWB) led us to believe that if we did not sign, my lender (Met-Life Home Loans) was not going to help me with a loan modification. We got tricked into a repayment plan to pay the three months we had fallen behind. What we signed was NOT a loan modification plan.

In the letter they sent us it stated that I had to start making payments on July 01, 2008, payment that I can't afford to make and this is the reason why we hired WWB, to help us with a loan modification not a repayment plan. According to the conversation my Wife had with their staff, it appears that they no longer want to assist us. In that case, I nicely asked them to exercise their refund policy.

On their web site, (which by the way is currently down)(http://wwbloanmodifications.com/index.html ) it states that if World Wide Brokers, Inc. is unable to help us obtain a successful loan modification, World Wide Brokers would refund all monies less a small processing fee. I met with Bill (the owner of the company on March 12, 2009) and he insisted that what we got was a loan modification.

To this day my mortgage is still in default with the same interest rate, same mortgage payment amount of $2512/mo. World Wide Brokers, Inc. is only taking credit for what the banks or lenders are offering the borrowers and since the borrowers pay up front for the services World Wide Brokers, inc. offers, anything the banks of lenders offer to the borrower, World Wide Brokers, Inc. steps in and states that it was because they made a few calls or that it was because the filled out the forms and supposedly submitted them.

I called my lender to see if World Wide Brokers, Inc. had contacted them and they said they only spoke to WWB once and there is no record of me giving authorization or power of attorney to World Wide Brokers, Inc to act on my behalf.

N  26th of Aug, 2009 by
WWB is a scam! we are in the process of filing a claim with the Attorney General. We agreed to pay the upfront fee back in Nov, 08 and they never did anything to modify our loan. I called them 3 months after and they said they filled out the papers incorrectly and had to resubmit to the lender, that took another 2 months. The last time I spoke to someone was back in Marh 09, and I had to curse them out because they said we could not get our money back. Even after my lender declined the modification.We managed to get our loan back on track, but recently my boyfriend lost his job so we are now behind a month. Our loan is set to increase in Jan 10. I know it is going to be a long haul but I am going to do what ever it takes to file a law suit against World Wide Brokers.
A  1st of Jan, 2010 by
World wide Did help us with our 1st loan modification, but not much in the way of savings. We were also promised with the up front fee that they would negotiate for us on our second loan mod. this never happened.

I think they got shut down. I can not find them on Better business bureau. too many complaints. It is our understanding that the service changed because the original owners and directors quit in early 2009 leaving the company with another director of which the company and their services seemed to go down hill after that.
D  23rd of Aug, 2010 by
we went to WWB in december 2008 for a loan modification. customer service sometimes really sucked but we always managed to get a hold of them or they would get back to us. it took a long time for us to get our modification but we finally did. we had a first and a second mortgage. our mod on our first reduced our rate 3.5 % and reduced our payments by over $600 dollars a month.
i asked if they were going to work on my second mortgage and they said they would but there was no guarantee if they could complete it. in there contract it never stated that they would work on both. we were very satisfied with the mod and our savings was substantial. so it didnt matter too much. we sent several of our friends and family to them. to the best of knowledge they also recieved some form of modification or repayment plan.
our mod took over a year but we got it.