World Retail Store / Fraud and cheating!

10640 N 28th Dr., Ste B203Phoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: (800)329-6736

I tried to buy two books for school in October from this company, I printed my confirmation & was charged for one book, including an international fee. I was told when charged, I'd receive an e-mail confirmation & told the method of shipment which never happened. So I tried to contact them by e-mail & telephone a few times until I found complaints about them on the internet while trying to find another direct phone number to call them at.

I ended up having to contact my bank to get my money back & send a complaint through them & alerted all my classmates & the school administration of these scammers.

More World Retail Store Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Su
  11th of Jan, 2008
Allana please file a report with IC3.gov about your incident. I tried to buy a music book for my daughter in college and the same thing happened to me. These people are scamming all over the world, and I am working with a guy in New Zealand who is trying to put them out of business. World Retail Store is also known as Open Media, Open Group, Net Store and Open Communications. These people have stolen money from college kids, retirees, doctors, etc...please help by reporting ASAP!
Ca
  7th of Feb, 2008

World Retail Store - Order never received!
827 conestoga dr
Moscow
Idaho
Phone: 208-882-3178

I placed an order over the internet on 12-7-07 for a technical racing car book. I received a confirmation to my email saying the order had been placed. To date I have not received the book and it has been 3 months! I have tried to call them and the phone # is bogus. I found another phone # for Phoenix, AZ and got an answering machine that told me to go to open.compobox.com and now these sites come up about this being a bogus business. My credit card has been charged $100!
Be
  12th of Mar, 2008

World Retail Store - Took money did not get book
Australia

This company is a fraud. I purchased children's books, and they took money from my credit card but there are no books. They don't answer e-mails or phone calls or fax messages. They have nothing to sell, but still they trade to unsuspecting people.
Th
  1st of May, 2008

World Retail Store - address provided is non-existent
Phoenix
Arizona
Phone: 1-800329-6736

I ordered a book by check through the mail which was returned as undeliverable. Fortunately I lost no money but I found another outlet for complaints. Report your theft to www.usps.com/postalinspectors. They are a federal law enforcement agency that will look into your issues. Click on contact us and file your complaint under mail fraud.
Li
  15th of Jul, 2008
OMG! When will these scammers get caught & their site shut down??? It's taking TOO LONG!
Pa
  16th of Sep, 2010

World Retail Store - Took money did not get book
Sydney Metro Area
New South Wales
Australia

Order 759807 accepted for processing on 07/08/08. Money ($104.55) taken from credit card but book never received. Confirmation of order received by email and I had requested insurance added to order. Had tried to contact firm in Sydney but to no avail and all I found were others complaining about same. I had lost the paperwork so had nothing to go on until today - found paperwork. I have been ripped off - all that has been accomplished is you have supplied me with a distrust of internet purchasing!!! What happened to my book Code 0207157987 Notorious Strumpets???? My email address if you are game enough - nannasydney@bigpond.com