World of Warcraft / Trial Account Upgrade Failure

1 Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:

I upgraded my World of Warcraft trial account, played it for 2 days, then sat down to play it again on Sunday. I logged into my account only to be told that my account had been suspended. It referred me to an email. I opened the email, and it said there was some problem processing my upgrade. They gave me a number to call - and of course, nobody is working on Sunday. They also LOCKED ME OUT OF MY ACCOUNT. I cannot even look to see if there was something wrong with my credit card entry. I cannot see anything about my account. There is nothing wrong with my bank account, but instead of saying the payment was rejected or something which would allow me to fix it, I get locked out and am given a worthless phone number to nowhere. How about giving me the benefit of the doubt until Monday? It's just wrong to have this kind of response with no data. Their customers might just be able to resolve whatever it is if they could. Locking access to all account details is disturbingly heavy handed. I guess i'll just sit have to wait to call at some time during the week. How ridiculous. Isn't it funny that they can cancel and suspend an account, on the same day that there's nobody there to answer calls as to why. Yeah, I smell a rat.

Comments

• Wr
      1st of Mar, 2009
    World of Warcraft - Blizzard Downloader
    England, Durham
    United Kingdom

Well I've been downloading updates for 2 days now after just installing this game. I finish the 1st download, go to play the game but there's another update to install, which took 17 hours. After that had finished I thought that must be it, I can now play this god forsaken game; but no! There is yet another download to install which is going to take another 17 hours to install. It seems to me like this is never going to end. I have uninstalled the game and thrown it in the bin. I have wasted allot of time trying to play this game, and from what I hear it really isn't worth the wait. Anyone still waiting for updates now, seriously, just get rid of this game. You are wasting your time. Blizzard are full of inconvenience and I will never be buying any of their titles again.

• Br
      7th of Apr, 2009
    World of Warcraft - ripped off
    blizzard
    Orpington
    England, Kent
    United Kingdom

I bought a trial CD and once I had installed it it kept wanting me to restart installing it.
    Plus I had paid good money for this trial and I hope blizzard get my complaint and do something about this such as give me a refund or anything else that would satisfy me.

yours discustidly, Bradley Musson

18th of Apr, 2009
    World of Warcraft - Twinks
    San Francisco
    Blizzardcomplaintcenter.com

WTF have you done with twinks?!?!?
    You have totally annihilated them and now your not giving out refunds?!?!?
    What kind of multi milliondollar company are you?
    You ###.

• Mi
      10th of May, 2009

totally agree with you --- same exact thing - when the heck am I going to be able to play this game? why the heck did I need to buy the CD/DVD from the store if the site keeps on having be download 750 MB patches!!! seriously - 750 MB patches? are we f'ing serious? once I might be able to understand since the game I bought from the store might have sat on the shelf a while --- but twice?

Been 2 days now - still haven't even been able to create a character or upgrade my 'free trial version' character --- which suprisingly enough didn't need and 750 MB download - WFT???

• Ro
      12th of May, 2009

first off blizzard gives the trial away for free if you paid someone for it they riped you off and the game is verry large and will not fit on a cd after the cd is loaded it takes up to a day to download the rest the game is around 17 GB plus you need to have a gameing PC or mac to run it.
    anyone can go to blizzard.com and download the FREE 10 day trial and burn it to a cd
    I have been playing world of warcraft over 2 years now with nothing but the best service you can get keep in mind that blizzard has over
    11, 000, 000 costumers and I think they do a dam good job with costumer service all you have to do is call (949) 955-1382

• Ik
      28th of May, 2009

Seriously, i have the exact same problem, its ###in annoyin that i cant play untill the phonelines are available or fix this credit card failure ###. ### you Blizzard

Williamgeorge: http://www.wowwiki.com/EU_English_Realms_Info

Jared - If you have a dispute about your World of Warcraft account, you should email them: [protected]@blizzard.com

7th of Jul, 2009

The Trial Version of the game, is just a small fraction of the actual game. That's why you are limited to only certain things.

If you buy just the Original game, you will not be able to access Outlands or Northrend, nor will you be able to access the two new races that are available in The Burning Crusade.
    If you buy The Burning Crusade, you will not have access to Northrend, but you will unlock all the features available in The Burning Crusade.

The best option, to avoid massive patches, is to buy all three: Original WoW, The Burning Crusade, & Wrath of the Lich King. You need Original WoW installed prior to installing The Burning Crusade, and you need The Burning Crusade installed prior to installing Wrath of the Lich King. They are expansions for a reason.

Wrath of the Lich King has all the patches from when the game came out, up to Wrath of the Lich King, on the CDs that come with WotLK. This will greatly reduce the amount of time for patches that need to be downloaded and installed. However, all patches that have come out since WotLK went live, will still need to be downloaded and installed, prior to playing.

Also, there is maintenance every Tuesday morning, usually from 5am - 11am PST. It's been this way since the game came out.

7th of Jul, 2009

If you are having issues with your account after upgrading, you should contact their Billing support: [protected]@blizzard.com

Note that if there is a problem upgrading your account from the Trial Version, the timer for the Trial Version will not stop. If the timer runs out, and it just happens to be on the weekend, you're just going to have to wait until they are open again to resolve your issue.

Most everything, including emails, are auto-generated. Chances are, that your account failed to upgrade due to an error on their website, the timer ran out, and you were sent a generated email.

Here is a link for their Billing and Account services: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=20606

7th of Jul, 2009

There are some trial versions that do require purchase, but they are actually rather cheap. This is usually for the extended 14 day trial, which you can pick up at places like GameStop.

If you have having issues with your account, you should contact Billing and Account Services: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=20606

• On
      1st of Sep, 2009
    World of Warcraft - Service
    Blizzard Entertainment
    worldofwarcraft.com

I have been playing World of Warcraft for about a year now and wanted to make sure everyone who considers buying the game is fully informed. If you choose to play, then you have to choose a server to play on. You should expect that your server, just like everyone else's, will be down for maintenance at least one day per week. Additionally, you should expect significant delays in the late afternoon and evenings logging on to the game and in accessing the more popular portions of the game once you have logged on. In fact, some evenings you may not be able access the most popular portions of the game at all. The unfortunate bottom line is that Blizzard does not allocate sufficient resources to ensure smooth consistent game play and these problem are only getting worse as time goes on.

• Tr
      15th of Sep, 2009
    World of Warcraft - Boots B.O.O.M Master Mixologist in Area 52
    California

That stupid Boots guy in Area 52 in World of Warcraft has been dead today and yesterday and i have a quest to turn in to him

• Zu
      3rd of Nov, 2009

Well, I've had that problem myself and usually its related to either horde or alliance killing the quest people. If, however, you do think its a game glitch and Boots just isn't responding, I'd open an ingame ticket and let one of the GM's know. Usually, its just a matter of resetting whatever line of code that NPC happens to be stuck on.

Hope that helps!

Zuluhour
    aka Zephrus on Demon Soul

• Zu
      3rd of Nov, 2009

This is the website for the forum coveriing the changes to Twinks as of patch 3.2 Granted, the ability for Twinks to be overpowering over players who are just in the BG for honor has been changed. Now Twinks are forced to leave their bracket or play against other people like geared. The only thing I'm really seeing taken away is the ability to forever remain a level 39 bully:) Now they have to actually try their prowess against other people who are evenly matched.

• Ba
      29th of Nov, 2009
    World of Warcraft - Total lack of customer service
    Queensland
    Australia

Having played WOW for many years and having problems with some of the patches, I finally hit a major flaw with a patch. Blizzard said I had been hacked and wanted every single bit of identity proof I could supply before they would even think about reinstating my account which they stopped. I told them things no hacker could possible know and still they would not reinstate me and were very rude and so I told them to delete all information they had on me as I didnt trust their security. They told me that my information would be taken to a shedder. I told them destroy all !! I never wanted anything to do with them again ! A week later they emailed me again offering me my account back. How rude they are and how insular. Please do NOT buy the game as it is not worth the effort, they couldnt care less about their customers. If anyone wants any more details I will provide it.

• Xo
      8th of Dec, 2009
    World of Warcraft - Hardware Requirements
    Blizzard

Drew a line in the sand and said enough is enough today. After 4 years, I have canceled my WoW account.

No longer able to enter Dalaran without my PC crashing due to video issues, and "patch" 3.3 at 680Mb, I am no longer willing to accept the hardware requirements needed to play this game.

I suggest Blizzard create realms that are either level 60 or level 70 capped. If not capped, and forced to play on level 80 realms with level 60 / 70 characters, every day will be a gank-fest.

So, I am taking my $360 (two accoutns) and will be looking to spend my money elsewhere.

• Bl
      7th of Jan, 2010

if you are having problems with wow money all you need to do is send

(a 30-day game card number) to
    [protected]@hotmail.co.uk/.com i cant remember
    subject: GAMECARDERROR

i did this and got 2x60-day gamecards sometimes you get 1

• Bl
      7th of Jan, 2010

make sure its unused game card number

• Ne
      17th of Apr, 2010

so i upgraded my account after my wow trial ended on last saturday i beleive, i upgraded on thursday/North America wester times/ ad it still says im on a trial if i want to join a guild or anything please comment back

• Ne
      17th of Apr, 2010

btw i just got the burning crusade trial today