World Of Discovery Day Camp Of Queens / DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS THERE, THEY ALMOST KILLED MY SON !!!

1 Queens Village, NY, United States Review updated:

PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS TO WORLD OF DISCOVERY DAY CAMP OF QUEENS, THEY ARE A BUNCH OF SICK DERANGED PEOPLE THAT DO NOT WATCH OR SUPERVISE YOUR KIDS, MY SON NEARLY DROWNED AND NO ONE DID ANYTHING AND HE WAS SHAKIN UP AND TRAUMATIZED !!! PLEASE RUN FROM WORLD OF DISCOVERY DAY CAMP OF QUEENS OR YOUR KIDS LIFE WILL BE IN GREAT DANGER !!! http://www.worldofdiscovery.org/

Comments

• La
      22nd of Aug, 2010

This is such nonsense. I have been sending my kids there for years and they are the best camp around. The staff is caring and my kids love going to camp. I have visited the pool personally and there are plenty of lifeguards on hand. My children not only got swimming lessons - but they learned how to swim at World of Discovery. I recommend this camp highly.

• Da
      23rd of Aug, 2010

The World of Discovery is one of the safest, best camps in the New York Metro area. I have many friends who send their kids there year after year. I think I know who this person writing the above complaint is, and she apparently was trying to blackmail the owners in return for her silence.

• Wm
      23rd of Aug, 2010

I agree with Daniel Vera. World of Discovery Day Camp is a great camp. My kids were campers there for 7 years. Now my son is a counselor at the camp. I am happy to send my children to World of Discovery!

• Co
      12th of Nov, 2010

It's terrible that this person is allowed to slander a reputable camp and not have to identify themselves on this https://www.complaintsboard.com website. What this parent said, if true, would best be reported to the authorities. Of course, this person is instead using this forum anonymously because if they made their identity known they would be sued for libel.

• Ad
      12th of Jan, 2011

The complainer sounds like a nut case and Childern's Services should look into taking her kids from her.

• Si
      19th of Jan, 2012

I was a camper here since 99' and this will be my fifth summer working. My life nor anyone else's has been in danger since I've been there. This complaint is clearly false, otherwise eveyone at the camp would know of it. The camp is like a family, not only did I love it then but I live it now. Steve and Paul are two of the greatest guys ever, including the rest of the discovery family. I continue to go back for work because of the great time I had as a camper, I love sharing great opportunities with my campers because that's what my counselors did for me. I have no bad words.