World Moving Service / Fraud and scam

Con Artists all the way! World Moving was so persuasive -- Better Business Bureau rating, etc. Don't fall for their schemes!

First estimate was low, but then they supposedly needed to confirm and revise estimate so there were no last minute surprises -- HA! The revised estimate two days before the move was nearly double the first estimate. We were stuck at that point.

My biggest complaint was that the driver wanted cash at the last minute and threatened to stop unloading our furniture and take it away unless he got cash instead of the cashiers check which was specified in the contract. So, there I was trying to scrounge up enough cash on a Saturday morning so the driver wouldn't take our stuff. Highway robbery!

I tried calling them to file a complaint for days afterwards and they refused to return my calls. Find a reputable moving company - don't use World Moving. I wish I hadn't!

Ja

Comments

• Je
      16th of Nov, 2010

This company was AWFUL!! Do not believe their smooth talking crap! Like stated above, I got a low quote and handed over a deposit. After that someone called me and wanted to "confirm" the list. They then jacked the price of my estimate over 60% of the original estimate!!! Now I have an extra $700 unauthorized charge to my American Express. I am NOT happy and NO ONE should use this company. They are scam artists from the beginning, they know EXACTLY what they are doing and they talk a good game. PLEASE reconsider if you plan to use them. I wish I would have seen this post last week!