World Financial Network National Bank / Credit Card Program

1 Mazon, IL, United States Review updated:

Accepted offer of credit card in order to receive percentage off purchase in late November. Did not receive credit card or billing. In January, received a bill with late charges. Called the company who "because you've never had a late bill before, we'll give you a one-time reprieve on the charges." Never Late? Never Received!! Offered to take payment to store, they said I couldn't pay at the store. I immediately sent my check and 8 days later, it was electronically cashed. In February, I received another bill with late fees again. Contacted the company and received extremely rude Customer Service Rep who stated I didn't pay or must not have put my account number on the check and the duplicate I have is not valid for proof. They do not return your checks, they image them and destroy after 3 months. March, same problem with compounded fees. More rude Customer Service Reps. Getting phone calls. Received a call from the "bank" on a Sunday who threatened to just take the payment from my social security!! WHAT?! Called again in March and finally reached a CSR who wrote a "Dispute Form" requesting pulling the image. I sent a copy of the duplicate (with my account numbers covered) as well as bank statements (again no numbers) as proof of their cashing my checks. I have been harassed, threatened, and downright abused by WFNNB. I am awaiting dispute letter from them. Currently researching harassment laws that may be effective against this group. Based on the messages here, there should be some way to shut them down.

Comments

Ma
  19th of Mar, 2009

This was an Avenue account.

Oh
  23rd of Mar, 2009

I'm also having a problem with WFNNB. I took advantage of a 6 mos. free finance on furniture I purchased back in September. When I recieved my bill in the mail on February 23 for the final amount that was due on March 2, I paid and mailed in the full amount on February 25. I then recieved a bill in the mail 2 days ago stating that they did not receive my payment until March 9th and I'm being charged a finance charge of $273. On my original bill, it stated that my balance will have no finance charges if paid before 3/8/2009. I find it very interesting that they claimed they didn't get my payment until the day after that 3/8 deadline. I also find it very hard to believe that it took 11 days for my payment to reach their payment center. Something very fishy is going on. I sent in a dispute letter regarding that finance charge today. I reallly hope I don't run into any problems, but after reading some of these complaints, I don't feel hopeful!

Ka
  4th of Apr, 2009

I have been dealing with WFNNB for years and I have never had any kind of problem. Customer Service is always curteous and helpful and I have never had a problem with my bill or with the company. Of course, I always remember that I charged something and I pay online way ahead of time and when I pay it off I always call to verify that I have a zero balance. I do this with every bill I owe. WFNNB is such a convenience for me and they have always treated me fairly

Do
  26th of Oct, 2009

katielizzie51253 claims the she can pay her bill online way ahead of the due date. NOT TRUE! WFNNB statements only allow you to pay on the due date for an extra $10 or the next day, you cannot schedule a payment online until the day before the due date.

Lo
  25th of Feb, 2010

I have made several attempts to clear up an outstanding f/c balance & the automated syst sucks...I have spoke to the same person 3 times & before I can get a resolution-the phone just goes to a very loud busy signal ! And of course, they do not call you back eventhough they have ALL your #'s! Very frustrated at this point...ready to turn them into the BBB or someone. Any suggestions?

Ms
  15th of Jun, 2010

WELL I HAVE BEEN GETTING THREATENING CALLS FROM AGENT CARTE. HE IS VERY RUDE AND BY LAW COLLECTORS CANNOT DISCUSS MY BUSINESS TO MY LANDLORD OR MY PARENTS THAT IS ILLEGAL!! I FILLED A COMPLAINT WITH THE FTC AND THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. I ASKED THIS FOOL 5 TIMES COULD I GET A LETTER IN WRITING WHAT I OWE. HE GOT VERY LOUD AND IGNORANT AND TOLD ME NO I COULDN'T GET ANYTHING. AND THAT I BETTER PAY HIM TODAY OR ELSE!! I WAS LIKE U CAN'T PUT ME IN JAIL.!!! I TOLD HIM WAY CAN'T WE MAKE PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS? I TOLD HIM I COULD HAVE IT PAID OFF IN 6 WEEKS!! HE TOLD THAT WAS UNACCEPTABLE. I WAS LIKE WHATEVER. HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO CALL MY JOB AT AT&T I TOLD HIM CALL ME AND I GAVE HIM THE NUMBER TO CALL THEM. THE MORE HE VIOLATE, THE MORE I REPORT HIM. IT'S ALL GOOD. I DONT DENY I OWE BUT DAMN WHY HE GOT TO BE A JACK***??????? I TOLD HIM TYO KISS MY A** AND HE WILL GET THE MONEY ON MY TERMS AND NOTHING ELSE!

Ih
  24th of Jan, 2011

I work for this company and this is the company's mistake. They give loans to anyone, unemployed, 100 year olds, high schoolers, people who filed bankruptcy. Honestly nothing will change. I hate my job because most people want to argue for the sake of arguing. When i'm nice they push me. I don't make these rules, I don't like these rules I obey them because I like being employed and I don't want me or my wife to be in the same situation as our customers.I just go to work put up with the bs all day and go home. I'm below middle class I pay my bills on time and accept penalties when they access. I try to stay away from credit cards because I don't like to owe.

Sa
  15th of Aug, 2012

Opened a Dress Barn account for the purchase discount. WORST ERROR !!! Same problem never received a bill and then late charges. Talked to someone when the third month stmt was about to go out and wanted to pay then. She said no that there was a charge wait for the stmt and then pay. ONLY PERSON THERE THAT WAS EVER HONEST. Then sent a letter to the dispute center and payment in full letter due to never receiving a bill. Dispite numerous letters received at least three times a day threating and harassing phone calls demanding payment. Sent a DO NOT CALL LETTER and then still received calls and noted all calls and person acting against the legal do not call letter...after twice sent another letter informing them of the payment in full and the do not call letter violation. WFNB sent a VERY apolizing letter and that all late charges ( at that time about 6 -7 months worth) were being abated. Have complained to the stores every time they ask if I want to put that on my dress barn charge. WILL NEVER USE THAT CHARGE AGAIN. The discount was not worth the time and energy needed to battle these aggressive bullies. Have read at other sites that people know that do not owe them and just send money so they will stop harrassing them. No wonder the CEO is paid so well! Know the law and you can fight these bullies. They may bark but prosecuting attorney has the BITE!