World Financial Network Bank/Victoria's Secret / Harrassment and Incomplete or Misleading Information

1 NY, United States Review updated:

Since i received my Victoria Secret credit card World Financial Network Bank has been nothing but problems. It first started out when i was one week late on my Victoria Secret account. I received a collections call about my account and explained to the guy on the phone i was recently unemployed and could not make a payment at this time i thought everything was fine got off the phone with him and received seven more phone calls from them the same day mostly abusive phone calls from people calling me a deadbeat and at the point i was only one week late on my payment and they are hitting me this hard i didnt understand why they were coming after me like this. now 12 months later i am laid off and barely able to make a payment on the account but im finding the money to pay them and they are still calling me and harassing me and im on a payment plan with them. When i got on this payment plan they told me that i would be given no more late fees or anything three payments later and 3 months worth of late fees later here i am on the phone with WFNNB and they are telling me i have to pretty much eat the late fees that i was supposedly not supposed to get. I told them i would like the call pulled with the guy who set up the payment plan with me because he told me i wouldnt get anymore late fees and also never told me they were going to access me a ten dollar electronic payment fee along with my payment each month. But come on we all know they are going to deny the fact he told me that i wouldnt be charged late fees. I'm not really sure where they find these horrible people or if WFNNB follows any rules. Last time i checked werent there laws set up so creditors couldnt harass you or belittle you in a threatening manner? Once this account is closed never in my life will i ever deal with this bank again and i will make sure to tell family and friends not to do buisness with them either!

Comments

• Mi
      11th of Feb, 2009

I have ahd a terrible experience with World Financial Network National Bank, the bank which finances Victoria's secret Credit Card. If you have a complaint, please report it to Federal Trade Commission - the complaints can be filed on line. In numbers we will have strength

• Se
      12th of Feb, 2009

I totally agree with you. I'm having a similar problem with World Financial Network Bank, but with Express Credit Card. I have not received any billing statements for two months. I didn't know what's going on so I called them last months. A lady told me that I didn't own any balance. However, I got two collection calls. I was charged by $40 late fee. When I asked them about the statement, a lady tried to ignore me. The statement didn't reach me, it should come back to the bank and someone should send another statement to me within the next month. There was nothing. They just keep calling and harassing me. I was forced to make the payment. Later, I registered my account online to see what had happened and I saw my balance didn't agreed with what I had paid. I saw an unknown charged on my account and couldn't figure out where it comes from. I don't trust this bank anymore. I keep telling myself that I should stay in touch with my bank more often to see what they are going to do with my checking account. They are not well organized. They don't know what customer value is. I told my family and friends about that. All of them agree that we should not do business with this bank anymore.

• Gm
      13th of Apr, 2009

I have been receiving harassing phone calls from World Financial Network National Bank. We got behind on payments and now they are calling our home two and three times a day from multiple different numbers and calling my wifes cell number at the same time they call our home. We have had to block our incomming calls to our home because of these numerous calls. We need to take drastic action against WFNNB ASAP. Go to [redacted]s.com and all complaints against this bailout bank can be filed.

• Li
      8th of May, 2009

I don't know why all of you people are complianinng about the bank. Its not their fault you go and fill your cards and then when the bill comes your not able to pay for them. They are only calling because they want their money. They understand and try to help one by setting up paying planes. Its not the WFNB if you max your card and then can't pay of your monthly bills on time.

• Pf
      24th of May, 2009

I am a U.S. solider fight in Iraq. I was having someone pay my bills back home and they did not pay my bill on time. I was shocked with the harassment I received from the bank that dose your credit card.
    I called to find out my balance when I found out it wasn’t being payed. Before I could tell the rep what happened he attacked me verbally. I was talked to as a deadbeat and made to feel worthless. He told me that he understood I was in Iraq and that didn’t matter and that he could take one of the late fee charges off but he wasn’t and that he was going to note on the account for anyone else not to help me because of "the attitude I had with him".
    I cannot call over and over again being that I am in Iraq and do not have access to phones frequently. I asked to speak to a manager thinking that they would be more helpful and not belittle me. All she said to me was "you should have paid it and hung up one me. I do not have the time to call and play tag and be talked to disrespectfully when I am in a already stressful place.

It is very unprofessional to hire a bank that does business like this, using aggression and scare tactics. I hope that not everyone in the company endorses such actions.

If at all possible I would like to talk to someone about my account someone who isn’t disrespectful

• Wf
      3rd of Jun, 2009

It has been very difficult for me to keep up on my paymenst w/wfnnb. I was laid off and have not found a perm/stable job. I have missed a few payment and received late fees which have doubled my amount due. We are obviously in a recession and it has been difficult. I have advised the last rep that I spoke to of my situation and made it clear that I am not able to make any payments and I will pay "when I can"-this only makes since. I have not answered any further calls from WFNNB since.
    I receive several calls per day starting at around 8am until 10pm. This last call that I received the rep called from a private number and indicated that she was an agent and that either myself or my "attorney" needed to call her back. This is clearly a scare tactic. I don't answer my phone period if the call is blocked or from 800, 895, 303-it's WFNNB. So, in an effort to have me speak w/them they use scare tactics and infratrate themselves as someone in the law. Ridiculous!

• Mo
      12th of Oct, 2010

I have been receiving rude and annoying calls from this establishment. I was paying, then financial troubles appeared. I have talked and emailed these people repeatedly, explaining what is happening. When I talked to a representative two weeks ago, I was treated rudely, plus they are hard to understand. They call all day, every day, including Weekends and Holidays. I have call reject on my land line and am planning block this number on both phones.

I will pay what I can and when I can. I think other organizations ( FTC and BBB) should be alerted about this bank. Maybe then, the harassing calls will stop.

• Do
      1st of Nov, 2010

You all are just going to go in circles & get nowhere,
    I did.
    You might as well wait & see the Embezzling that is probably going on.

• Ki
      20th of Aug, 2011

I've been getting calls from this bank for my VS card but apparently, they don't have money for stamps because I haven't received a bill in the mail for 2 mos. I plan on paying it off when/if I get the bill but refuse to talk to them when they call me starting at 6 in the morning until about 9 at night. (yesterday, I received 8 calls in total) I think I might owe 200...

• Me
      11th of Jun, 2012

i settled my card balance in 2010. i thought everything was fine until i applied for student loans and was told i was denied because of a charge off. per the credit report, it shows it was charged of in feb 2010 and that i made a payment in april 2010 (which was the settlement amount). i have disputed this thru equifax but the 'resolution' was that the charging company verified that the amount owed was correct. even if i get a copy of the transaction from april 2010, it is my word against theirs that it was a settlement. i am so unimpressed with this company. and the real kicker...it shows the remaining amount owed...$122!!! they have spent more than that in manpower alone responding to my disputes!!!