Workout World - WOW / extortion

Robbinsville, NJ, United States Review updated:
This place is a lawsuit waiting to happen. We signed up for what we thought was a 6 month membership, even paid in full upfront. They said no problem to the six month membership. Six month pass and they start charging our credit card for monthly dues. I call up the WOW location where we signed up and this is when we are informed that the only membership you can get is a full year. This was never mentioned to us or obviously we would of declined to join and fork over $900 for 2 six months membership. We are told in order to cancel that we have to fill out a form and send it via certified mail in order to cancel. We are emailed back with a single sentence pertained to our request for cancellation - You are ineligible. That is all they said. Since we paid through visa they are currently investigating the matter and have encourage me to pursue this situation. Apparently visa has had trouble with this company and other gyms in fact. Visa says we are not liable for charges for a service that we did not request. We'll see how this goes. We should all sue them, class action style.
St

Comments

Id
  10th of Nov, 2008
I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT BRICK WOW MEMBERS ARE PAYING $10 A MONTH WHILE EVERY OTHER WOW MEMBER IS PAYING SKY HIGH DUES THIS IS A SCAM IF I EVER SEEN ONE
Er
  20th of Nov, 2008
This is the worst scam going. Many others have complained as well. They keep charging my credit card without any right! I have tried for two years to have this resolved. Can not get a human in the corporate office to call you on the phone etc. PLEASE DO NOT JOIN or have years of issues!!! I am speaking with a lawyer and I think we should all file complaints!
La
  19th of Jun, 2009
WALTHAM, MA LOCATION SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN.

DISGUSTINGLY FILTHY AND NO ONE OBEYS THE RULES AND TRAINERS OR EMPLOYEES DO NOT ENFORCE THEM.

SOMEONE IS GOING TO GET DEATHLY SICK IN THAT PLACE. GOD FORBID THE BOARD OF HEALTH COMES IN THERE, THEY WILL BE SHUT DOWN.