Woodmen of the World / Refusal to pay

Jun 23, 2015
They will not pay unless you are with them for a while. My brothernlaw signed up for a policy, gave them a check and died just weeks later, the day after Thanksgiving, at 41years old. They sent a refund to my sister for the one month premium he paid and two and a half years later they are still refusing to honor and pay. Do not be deceived, they are not out for your benefit. Their main purpose is to make money, not help you or be there when tragedy happens. They are a business seeking profits, not the helping of people. This is not an "agent" issue but a company integrity issue. So a mother of two small children struggles to get by while, I am sure, executives drive nice cars, live in nice houses, and dont worry about how to pay their bills.

N  3rd of Jun, 2016 by

Woodmen of the World - Strange mail
Woodmen of the World

A few months ago out of the blue I suddenly started receiving mail from the Woodman of the World. It included their periodic magazine. They appeared to be treating me like a member or customer. The final straw was this week when I received a $900+ bill from them with a deadline date. I have never had any relationship with this outfit nor have ever been a member. My mother was a member many decades ago when she was alive, but I have never had any dealings with them myself. I have emailed them inquiring about what's going on, but never received an answer.