Woodland Hills Urgent Care / Patient wrongfully red flagged

1 2995 topanga canyon blvdWoodland Hills, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 2995 topanga canyon blvd

I went into this urgent care when I was experiencing some lower back pain. When I first got there the staff seemed fairly nice and friendly. The first thing she told me was we do not accept any insurance here. I had to pay $145.00 up front before I could see the doctor which I thought was strange. So I did being I was in pain. I asked here if the doctor wanted to do an xray if that would go through my insurance or if I would have to pay up front for that as well. She said yes and it is $300.00. I informed here that I was not going to be able to do that since I simply cannot afford it. She said "that is your choice".
So I go to see the doctor and right away she had an attitude like I'm wasting her time. So she has me bend in all these strange positions then tells me she needs to do an xray. I told here the same thing I told the lady at the front desk. She gets very annoyed and says "well I don't know what to tell you. " So then she has the front desk lady come in the room to talk to me I overheard her saying she "doesn't know what to do". So as I am talk to the front desk women the doctor comes in and throws a prescription in my face. For motrin and something else I never had before and don't know what it is for. I didn't even ask for a prescription and I told the lady I just want to find out what is wrong with my back.
So as I am walking out I say that I should have gone somewhere that takes my insurance could I please have a refund, since basically no services were reindered and I told her I didn't need a prescription for anything, but thank you anyways and that I just wanted to go someplace that took my insurance so I could find out what was wrong with my back. She get's really nasty and tells me no way can I have a refund.
So I leave, the next day I am still in pretty bad pain and didn't go anywhere else because basically I just got robbed of $145.00. So I call the next day and ask to speak with the office manager. When I do she tells me that they have another location on Ventura Blvd. where they accept insurance. Yes, thank you, that is all that I needed! So I go there and the same woman who was working in the office is there. She says that the doctor will not see me, and that I should not be "doctor shopping" for drugs. I said of course that is not what I am doing I am here because this place takes my insurance, which she should have told me in the first place.
Then she tells me they reserve the right to refuse service to anyone and that I should leave because I am going to "have problems" here. Obvisouly! So then I said please I am in a lot of pain and truly did not want to go search for another urgent care as it was coming time for me to pick me son up from school. She said "did you fill the prescription the doctor gave you?" If you didn't fill that we cannot see you. I said that is ridiclous I didn't want to get a prescription, and never did I ask for one, or request narcotics. So she says no you are "doctor shopping". I said you have no information to acuse me of these, how can you say that? I am in a lot of pain, and came here becuase I need to figure out what is causing it. Not to get any prescription. She then says "you need to go ### yourself", Then says "### you, ###".
I didn't know what to do, but she was making me very annoyed, so I just left and said she was ridiclous. Then the lady from the place on Topanga called me. She said they had obtained my medical records, which I didn't even sign for the to do! That she was going to make sure no doctor ever wanted to deal with me and I defianetly would not be getting service anywhere. I dodn;t know what she did or could do, but this seems to be illegal and a violation of my rights. As I have done nothing wrong or illegal.

Ve

Comments

• Eq
      19th of Sep, 2009

the complaint sounds shaaddy and why didn't you go to an ER.

• Mo
      5th of Nov, 2009

I went to Urgent Care on Topanga Canyon for my son who had a fever and chills. Previously, I went there twice thinking my children were being seen by a doctor, apparently they have no doctors working there. They have Physician's Assistance. They don't take insurance and they charge top dollar. They could not find my son's file so I offered to spell my last name for them, the manager asked me sit down . I explained that I wanted to spell my last name so they could quickly locate my files. I told the manager that I was nervous because I thought my son had the H1N1 virus. The manager was not sympathetic, she refused service to me .She told me she would have me escorted out if I didn't leave immediately. I told her that was unnecessary. I have every intension of leaving but first I wanted to know her name, she said her name was Anna. I asked if she had a last name and thats when she used profanity toward me. She said" my last name is none of your ###ing business". My eight year old son listened with anguish. It's important to note that neither my husband nor I use profanity in front of our children. I was mortified, that this woman who seemed sane enough, would speak like that in front of a child or to a customer. I felt like a terrible injustice had been done to me . I was so upset I called the police. I also filed a report with the BBB. This kind of behavior is unacceptable to me.

• Ve
      5th of Nov, 2009

I didn't go to the ER because I didn't feel like it was necessary. There was no wait when I went in to the Woodland Hills Urgent Care...LOL now I know why! I wish I would have done that though would have gotten better service and not cussed out and treated like a criminal. I found out later when I went to see a doctor at an actual doctors office because the pain did not go away that I had a bladder infection. It is the first thing she tested me for! It's quite common cause of low back pain, and sometimes the only symptom. I do have a hard time believing that they are actual doctors. They seem very ignorant and cocky to be doctors. I am surprised they have not gotten sued. I can't believe they are still in business.
    Ramona I know what you went through and I am glad my child wasn't with me when that rude women cussed me out or I would have probably called the police as well.Hopefully if they get enough people speaking out someone will take action and shut them down. It is just an insane asylum in that place! And if someone did come in with a life threatening emergency, I'm afraid they would be in big trouble. I mean it is a risk to society to have this place open!

• Mo
      6th of Nov, 2009

May I suggest that you also file a complaint to the BBB

29th of Jan, 2010

these are written by people who are biased or have abeef to grind with this clinic. I went there for chest pains, the staff was wonderful and the Doctor took great care of me. My HMO Doctor had been dismissing me for the last six months but their Doctor was actually able to diagnose and treat me properly. Sure they are more expensive and they don't take insurance but isn't your life worth something?

4th of Mar, 2010

I AGREE. This place is a FRAUD and oddly enough, they charge people different fees up front. They asked me to come in because I was experiencing an ear problem. They promised me that the fee would not be more than $80. $260 dollars later and still with an ear problem I left. The woman named Anna is a huge FRAUD and a LIAR. She should be in prison as far as I am concerned. The medical board needs to review why this woman is practicing and why they call themselves "Medical Care". They don't give a damn about their patients. All she (they) cares about is ripping people off.

• Ge
      14th of Oct, 2010

This place absolutely IS A FRAUD. I filed a complaint with the BBB. Not only is the staff rude and ignorant, but I don't think they are actually qualified at all. I had a horrendous experience here. They completely ripped me off and I never got treated for my urgent situation. I paid the fee up front because I really needed treatment and they promised me that my insurance would reimburse me. Even though I thought it was a bit untraditional, I was new to the area and desperate for pain relief. Anyway, I was seen by someone who seemed like she just came out of her high school science class and put on a lab coat. The other women running around the facility were vulgar and totally insensitive. I had a very common medical problem that I'd experienced in the past and just needed a simple prescription and proper treatment. The staff at Woodland Hills gawked, screamed aloud and made rude comments, using profanity when they saw the condition I was in. It made me feel uncomfortable and very embarrassed. The staff also tried to convince me that my situation was dire and that I would need an overnight stay of at least 3 nights, an IV, and all these other unnecessary procedures. When I asked any kind of question regarding my status or the treatments they suggested, they yelled at me and got angry at my mere concern. All in all, they wanted me to sign a bunch of papers that gave my consent for all these medical procedures that added up to about $2800, when all I needed was a pill and a shot! When I refused to sign and kept asking why they thought I needed these extra procedures, the woman yelled at me and basically told me that it was my choice if I wanted to die! I ran out of there, crying... luckily, I found another doctor's office nearby - a REAL urgent care clinic, where the people were caring, polite and knowledgeable. It turned out all I needed was a shot and a prescription, just as I'd thought. They didn't force me to pay up front AND total care and treatment cost HALF of what I paid at the Woodland Hills Clinic, just to see someone! The good clinic staff really calmed me down and one of the doctors at the good clinice told me that the place in Woodland Hills is run by a MEDICAL FRAUD. . . . How can these people still be in business! FOR SHAME.

• To
      15th of Sep, 2011

i went in about 2 years ago with a terrible skin condition that i was having. after several trips in to see the doctors i was not seeing any healing, then on one visit the PAC Michelle took a culture and came back in with a diagnosis of fungal infection in the skin. as she was handing me the antifungal medication, the doctor walked in and looked at my test results and disagreed with the PAC's diagnosis and recommended over a thousand dollars worth of biopsys and blood tests, that showed nothing. then another doctor came in the room, they whispered to each other, left the room, and came back with a list of psychiatrists and asked me not to come back. fianally after 5 years of living in long sleeve shirts and not having any sort of love life, i myself had to search online for something to put an end to my missery. finally i read about a simple skin scraping, a $35 procedure, and asked my dermatologist to do it. she told me it probably wouldn't show anything, but took the scraping and looked at it under a micrascope. it was possitive for yeast, which is a fungus. she gave me a shampoo to bath in, and within 2 hours i knew i was cured. that was after 3 urgent cares, 2 infectious disease doctors, 2 emergency rooms, and between 10 and $20, 000, that could have all been avoided, if that doctor never walked into my examination room...