Woodforest National Bank / fake money

1 Staunton, VA, United States Review updated:

Well to start off with my husband and I got our tax refund check. We went to the bank in walmart and cashed it. Everything has been fine until up to two days ago. I went into gamestop to buy my neices birthday gift and the cashier give me the three one hundred dollar bills back and told me they were fake. I went back to woodforest bank and I showed my ###. They called secret services and read the numbers to them that was on the bills and all of them came back fine, but the counterfeit pen was still showing up dark brown. After finding out they were fine, I went and paid my car insurance bill with them. They called us back today and told us that the bills came back fake again (They were using the pen too). So the bank that my insurance company goes thru kept the bills and sent them to the secret service to investigate them. We have to wait two weeks to hear something back about them. In the meantime, I had to go back up to the insurance place and pay them again and of course one of those hundreds came back a fake, so we had to go thru the whole process once again. Of course the secret service said that one was fine too, but I cant use it!!! So I guess if the other three hundred dollar bills come back fine after their investigation, I wont be able to use those either, because everyone who uses the counterfeit pen on them will have a negative response on them. In other words they will all come back fake. So the secret services said that we have to call the federal bureu of printing and engraving and have someone come out and check all of our refund and which ever ones that are getting marked bad with the pen, they are going to take those out of circulation and give us new ones. But thats going to take forever to get all of this done. But woodforest bank told me that this is not their fault. Well if they were a good bank, wouldnt they be checking their bills before they took them. So now we are out of money, until all of this takes place. Its ###!!! Bottom line is, if woodforest bank was doing their jobs correctly like the man at secret service said, than none of this would have happened. The secret service thinks that it was the paper it was printed on and now its just a waiting game. In mean time we are completely out of money. Its aggravating as hell!!! So if anyone has went to woodforest bank, you should definately go buy you a counterfeit pen and check all your bills. Thats what we had to do after getting four like the ones we had! I hope this does not happen to anyone else and they have to go thru what we are going thru right now!!

Comments

• Fa
      16th of Mar, 2009

See, that's why nobody will help you. You showed your ###. Yes, it's their fault for not checking the bills first, but of course they're not going to cooperate with someone who's showing their ###. Had you walked in there with a firm attitude but not over the top people would have helped you. The only reason the SS decided to help you is because it's their job. Next time you want to go somewhere to just cash a check, take into consideration that you should check everything out before you leave. Nobody will fault you for asking for the detector pen and asking for different bills before you leave - trust me, at my bank, we urge people to do that. Finally, getting an attitude in general doesn't help you in any form or fashion. When you encounter people and they look at you wrong, do you go off on them? Take consideration before you decide who's at fault here.

• Lm
      8th of Apr, 2009

hmm..im not sure if banks have the kind of time to check every bill with the detector pen., even so..if you are so upset, why bank there???

• Vo
      3rd of Feb, 2011

You do realize that the bank does try to check the bills but seeing as though most are only staffed by a few people they don't have the time to check every bill. If you wan't to blame somebody why not start with the Federal Reserve. It is their responisbility to check for counterfeits and yes some will pass through ocassionally it is not the banks fault. They more thank likely followed their policy and were apparently told that the bills were fine by the SS. Personally if I were a manager and you decided you were going to be a [censor] to me while I'm trying to help you out, I would have shown you the exit!