Woodforest National Bank / stole money

El Review updated:

Went to Woodforest ATM to pull out $400 for my fiance. ATM jammed & only dispensed $280. I looked up into the machine to see if anymore money was where I could pull it. I immediately went to the teller to report the shortage. I hadn't even put the money in my purse & had the receipt which stated that $400 was dispensed. The teller asked me if I was on my fiance's account & told her no. She told me that he would have to call the 800 number or come up to the bank to do anything. I called my fiance & told him what had happened & that he would have to come up to the bank (which meant he had to leave work as well). In the mean time while I was waiting with the cash on the counter in front of the teller who decided to just ignore me from that point, someone else came & used the ATM. I happened to see him right as he was pulling his receipt. I went up to him & told him that the machine had jammed, he just smiled & said thank you & left. Once my fiance arrived & showed his drivers license, the teller pulled up his account & then called another employee over to pull the ATM cash box to count it out to see if it was in balance. They carried into a back room a metal box & also had cash in hand. After a few minutes they came out & told us that the ATM balanced & that we would have to talk to the manager who came in later in the day and that they would have the manager call us back.
We ended up calling the manager, Brie Gibbs, who informed us that we would have to wait until the ATM was counted out again at 3:00 am to see if in balance. We told her about the gentleman that had used the ATM after I had used it & that most likely the $120 that I was shorted was dispensed to the this person.
We called the following day & was told that Brie was not available & that we would have to talk with the Assist Mgr, Marisol. We went up to the bank again, told her what all had transpired. Gave her the receipt which had the date & time. I told her about the gentleman that used the ATM after me & before it was counted out, gave his description. Marisol issued a dispute form & told my fiance & myself that it would be 2-10 business days before we would hear anything because they would be reviewing the tape of the ATM.
2 weeks later we receive a letter stating that they verified that the ATM dispensed $400 at the time that was listed on our receipt. End of matter.
They absolutely refused to review the video on the ATM which would have shown myself counting the cash, looking confused, recounting & then walking away to the teller. Followed by the gentleman pulling cash & looking at his receipt. They would have seen that what we told them was correct. It is very frustrating when you have an institute that just doesn't care about their customers & treats you in this respect. So we are out the $120 & the gentleman that followed my on the ATM scored some extra cash.

Comments

Sep 14, 2009

### happens. Like youre the only person that has ever gotten the short end of the stick. Im sure you've gotten the long end of the stick a few times in life and didnt bat an eye to take advantage of it.

• Di
      Jul 05, 2010

used to work for woodforest, if you or your fiance has a woodforest account and the atm shorted you, the atm automatically credits back your account in the amount of the shortage.

• At Woodforest, we take every concern seriously and make every effort to resolve issues promptly. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experience. Please contact our Customer Care department at [protected] and ask to speak directly with the Regional Vice President over the branch. We look forward to speaking with you soon.